|QUOTE (icklydicklydook @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 20:18)|
| 1. I remember reading somewhere (dont have link) on this forum that one of the Houser brothers said it wouldn't happen, as it didn't fit in with GTA's outlook.|
2. You say that a female character will not be viewed as political move influenced by feminist ideals, but I can guarantee you it will - I can see the Huff Post headline already, "traditional boys club game grand theft auto features playable badass lesbian"
3. The whole dynamic of GTA would have to be changed: Picking up hookers would have to go, hand combat would look ridiculous as a woman tries to take on a fully grown man with "karate chop" moves that somehow make her stronger, mafia encounters would seem strange and out of place, etc, etc
4. Why upset a lot of your customers just to satisfy the demand of a few? If r* sticks to men, everyone will still get the game, but if they put a girl in, a minority will jump for joy, half will feel indifferent, and a whole bunch will be protesting
5. A wonderful game called Saints Row already has this feature
6. Mod it if you have to
7. Finally, by all means petition r* for a new ip involving a female protagonist, but for the sake of this forums integrity and of respect for women, I humbly ask that you please STOP spawning these threads, as they only breed sexism and division
1. If that's the case and you can find the link, then I'm cool with that. There was never any agenda of forcing anything here.
2. That kind of press comes with anything Rockstar does. Remember all the horrible things idiots said about Bully and then it turned out the game played like a G-rated cross between Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Revenge of the Nerds and all of that negativity died instantly because people made up sh*t about being able to play as a bully and drive other kids to commit suicide? Yes that was actually an article in a whimsical British newpaper.
3. Umm... Let's say they went with my character and she was a lesbian. They would have to take female hookers and strip clubs out of the game, why? Hell, straight women go to female strip clubs with a pack of girlfriends all the time. It's just another bar to some people. And about the combat. Seeing as the female lead in my character's case would have to be capable, it's not a stretch to think that a grieving widow who suddenly takes up bank robbery as a part of her grieving process would take up some sort of self defense or even MMA. Also, UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey. 'Nuff Said. I can post video of her sparring with equally trained dudes and taking them down easily if you like.
4. Dudes on the Internet who may feel that way are a an extremely vocal yet VERY small minority. Yes, it's overwhleming on this site and a good chunk of comment sections around the web but any GTA fan worth their stripes won't care once they get playing if the character is done right. And besides, Rockstar is a business if they can sell to more people while keeping their audience, why wouldn't they. I think you guys overestimate how many fellow GTA fans would boycott say a next-gen over something as silly as a female lead. You say the words, GTA VI on PS$ and Xbox One but you play as a girl. Guess what gamers are going to hear?
5. Saint's Row is sh*t and the fact that there's character creation makes the story retarded for both genders. It just sucks. Period.
6. Not a PC gamer, though I do have a gaming laptop. But the is not necessarily the mechanics behind it because ultimately it would control the same save for some (I'd hope) signature animations. It's the story I want. I want to see how Rockstar would deal with a trio female criminals. That's the hook for me.
7. I'm not petitioning anything. Online petitions are largely useless even it was about that. And come on, this forum integrity, really? There are a large amount of decent, upstanding and mature individuals on here. Yourself included from what I know of your posting history and the fact that you didn't cut me down with a vitrol of insults and sexist hate speech. So you're a good dude. But the majority of the forum around release time is a time bomb of underaged, immature ape-tits with their dicks out beating their chests. I have a lot of respect for women which is I liked the idea of discussing this with some civility.