• ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

user posted image
Version 1.0

user posted image
With High Speed Internet, Larger Download Allowances and 1920px Screens people have started posting Bigger and Bigger Images on the Forums, and one major problem with this is when people "Quote" these images in there posts, not only can it be annoying but it stretches the page out unnecessarily, it become a real pain when there is multiple images being quoted also.

Now that I have created the GTAForums Quote De-Imager it should prevent that on all Browsers that have some form of support for UserScripts, this is only version 1.0 of the script which even though it does not perform exactly how I was originally planning for this to it does get the job done, if you are curios as to what I was actually planning that can be found in the future updates section below.
It should also be noted that any content on the GTANet Media Server that is quoted will be exempted from this script, which is basically the 'Smilies' or any images from GTA Garage Mods.

The Current version only Scales Quoted Images down to a very small size and when they are hovered over they fully return to their original size, obviously when the mouse leaves the image that shrink down again to the smaller size.
I hope everyone finds this useful and can live with it until GTAForums V2 is launched which might hopefully have a similar feature built into it... hopefully arriving sometime in the near or more likely extremely distant future.

user posted image
You should have no trouble running this in any Browser that has a UserScripts addon, I have placed and linked below the UserScripts Addons for Browsers that I have successfully tested this Script in and will continue to hunt around the internet to find way to get this running on other browsers too. If you know of another way please do let me know of it.

~ Firefox -- Greasemonkey
~ Chrome -- Tampermonkey
~ Safari -- NinjaKit

user posted image
My original Intentions for this Script was for it to remove the actual images and replace it with a small box saying "User Posted Image" and have two little buttons next to it, one of which will show the image, and when Re-Clicked will hide it again, and the other will open the actual image in a new Tab/Window, I am not yet sure if this is possible using only Javascript (Which UserScripts are based On) unless I get some J-Query running in the script also which would make things a bit easier, but this basic script get the Job done for now.

One thing that would be nice is to have some settings for the users to edit, for example if they want the script to run how it currently does or in my future planned way, and if they select the current way, it should be up to them as to how small the images are scaled down to, but again I have to see if this is possible.

I also have to change a few small settings so GTANet Media Server files from GTA Garage will also shrink down, or just be more specific in how I define the Smilies location so it only does not affect them.

user posted imageuser posted image
Also check out my Other Script -- GTAForums Image Widthener

I am not sure if this was posted in the correct place, but it will get more notice here than other places on the forum, plus it is technically a mod but for the Forum and not a game.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 15:50)
user posted image
Version 1.0

Just a test...

Aaaaand it works! Thank you so much, your contributions to the forums are astonishing! smile.gif

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Thank You, works like a charm smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Jul 26 2013, 15:20)
QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 15:50)
user posted image
Version 1.0

Just a test...

Aaaaand it works! Thank you so much, your contributions to the forums are astonishing! smile.gif

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Jul 26 2013, 19:44)
Thank You, works like a charm smile.gif

Thanks to Both of you, I had this rough script sitting around on my Desktop and when checking out the Suggestions area of this Forum a Topic was Posted that asked for a feature to do something similar, basically to do what I have Outlined in my "Future Updates" but I already had this working and sitting around so why not release it if someone is looking for something like this, I am sure if anyone has looked at the Source Code they will see how simple this script is.

I just thought I would quote that Image again to show that even in double, triple, quadruple, fiveruple, sixble, sevenble, eightple, etc It will still shrink the Images, I know some of them have been made up but I did not know what came after Quadruple. lol.gif

Enjoy!!!!

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

a big contribution for the forums keep up the good work!

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thank you for this! cookie.gif Have a suggestion, maybe a version where when the photo is hovered at, and viewed in a larger size, we'll only view it in the resolution of 640x480, no more, no less? Great work nonetheless. icon14.gif

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Man, this is awesome! Cool work! icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Frenzzy @ Jul 27 2013, 09:56)
Man, this is awesome! Cool work!  icon14.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif

Thanks icon14.gif

QUOTE (JF-Mir2 @ Jul 27 2013, 09:52)
Thank you for this! cookie.gif   Have a suggestion, maybe a version where when the photo is hovered at, and viewed in a larger size, we'll only view it in the resolution of 640x480, no more, no less? Great work nonetheless. icon14.gif

Nice Idea, It might be something more suited to the Image Widthener (If I can get a Setting Menu people can set themselves), but then If I was able to do that for the Image Widthener I would also be able to do it for this also, I do not know if I would want to limit it at 640x480 as different people would want different limits which is why I would want a settings menu where people choose the limits themselves. icon14.gif

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Ah, yeah. That should work. smile.gif Hope you figure it out soon!

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

Sorry for refresh, but can you modify your script to decrease size of all posted images in posts?

Ezekiel_RN
  • Ezekiel_RN

ƤΛƝƊΛ

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:05)
Sorry for refresh, but can you modify your script to decrease size of all posted images in posts?

That's a GOoD Oneeeeeeeeeeeee

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (Ezekiel_RN @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 07:02)
QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:05)

That's a GOoD Oneeeeeeeeeeeee

I have already made something like that, as you can see in the first post of this topic....
QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Jul 26 2013, 12:50)

Also check out my Other Script -- GTAForums Image Widthener

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users