Help and Discussion of IV modding only. Please post mod releases in the Mod Showroom
- Please read the Official Modification Forum Rules & Procedure BEFORE posting!
- Mods in Multiplayer are not allowed
- Data topics: The following topics contain extremely useful data relating to the modifying of IV.
- Please ensure you read the Modding Round Up guide so you know what currently can be done in IV.
- The conversion of episodic content is not allowed.
Need help with modding
Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:44 PM
Before anything else, should I use a USB Flash Drive or a blank CD?
Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:22 PM
You must also understand that some mods are compatible only with certain patches of the game.
The moddable things in GTA IV are:
Everything. Everything is modifiable. The extras for the game you can get are:
• Graphics Enhancements to make the game look prettier.
• Scripts (.net, .asi, .cs etc.) these tell your game to do things like spawning cars have new houses get weapons etc.
there are forums out there specifically on how to mod
Firstly you should know what patch your game is on.
Second if you want to be able to spawn cars then you will need your game to be able to read code. Using a scripthook and scripthookdotnet your game will do this.
As long as you have .NET Framework 4 or higher. And C++. These are available from the Microsoft site.
For the scripthook and scripthookdotnet you can find those from the author's website (Google is your friend)
Once you have those place the scripthook and scripthookdotnet into your game folder. Should be in same sub as LaunchGTA.exe. To spawn cars you can find a trainer. This is a console opened with a key press and basically allows you to manipulate almost every aspect of the ame: weather, time, weapons, invincibility, car spawning, car options, save game on the spot etc. I personally use simple native trainer. If you want to use mods that have a .asi extension you will need to use an asiloader: dsound.dll or xliveless will work.
If you want to use new models for ingame objects you will need an img viewer. You can use OpenIV or SparkIV for this. I have both. I only use SparkIV when I meed to edit game sounds. You can find these and many more mods at gta4-mods.com
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users