SecuRom Wont Let Me Play Game

2 replies to this topic
romeo227
  • romeo227

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hello All,

I purchased a retail copy of GTA 4 3 years ago. I played it to my hearts content and was done with it. Now I was re-visiting some old games in my collection and since GTA 4 has some cool PC mods out, I thought I would get back into the world of Liberty City again. . . . . Buutttt there was one problem.. My laptop didn't fare too well over the years and the damn DVD drive is busted..

Since the Drive would not detect the disc no matter what I did (weirdly enough it reads new discs but not old ones although my GTA 4 is MINT condition), I had to resort to making Image files, cart them over through a pen drive and install the game.. Installation completed, legitimate serial key given, game is loading and . . . . . . . . BAM . . . SecuRom ERROR!!..

I mean WTF.. I get it, that it keeps out pirates and sh*t but even legitimate users get screwed?.. Is there no work around except to get my drive fixed?.. I never really needed the drive since barely anyone uses discs nowadays.. Need your help and insight on this.. It sucks that I actually purchased the game but their security software is so dumb that it detects a legitimate disc as an error..

Please Help!!!..

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

Well, the only real(and legal way) to get around getting your DVD drive fixed-which DVD drives are quite cheap now a days(less than $50), so there is no reason not to. However, the only legal way is to Buy the Download version from a site like Steam/D2D/Amazon, etc.-It is less than $15 now a days, so that is a cheap option. This way you will have the game and not have to worry about discs.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

SecuROM makes the game get checked to see if it's legit or not every time you launch it. You could go through the trouble path, you might have more problems, viruses, spy software and you won't be able to play online. The best thing to do is to buy a second hand game or get a digital copy from Steam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users