Photo

Swim underwater without scuba gear?

13 replies to this topic
rubix99
  • rubix99

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Anyone know if we will be able to go underwater without scuba gear for a limited time......like there will be an oxygen meter or something?

Or will it be like GTAIV where its impossible to go underwater?

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

16 5 5

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

Maybe it will be like GTA San Andreas where an Oxygen meter is put into effect with a slight touch of more realism I guess? In San Andreas they did not even consider pressure as a factor underwater which was baffling to say the least. I guess I can let that slide since San Andreas was a game made in 2004 so expectations weren't so high back then when it came to realism. In IV it was impossible to go underwater because there was no underwater world to begin with so I highly double this will be the case with GTA V.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

I would assume so, seeing as there's lung capacity in the skill chart.

voltaire
  • voltaire

Altruist

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (rubix99 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 06:21)
like there will be an oxygen meter or something?

It's called Lung Capacity.

littleBIGman
  • littleBIGman

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 06:25)
Maybe it will be like GTA San Andreas where an Oxygen meter is put into effect with a slight touch of more realism I guess? In San Andreas they did not even consider pressure as a factor underwater which was baffling to say the least. I guess I can let that slide since San Andreas was a game made in 2004 so expectations weren't so high back then when it came to realism. In IV it was impossible to go underwater because there was no underwater world to begin with so I highly double this will be the case with GTA V.

Why would you want pressure considering as a factor in GTA5?

Its not a diving simulator.

hulkhogan1
  • hulkhogan1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

What I'm wondering is if you can put on scuba suits any other way than getting them from boats. Like could we buy a scuba suit from a store and wear it wherever we want? (if so, going skydiving while wearing a scuba suit and then landing in the ocean and going straight into a scuba dive would be pretty sweet). And going along with that, what happens when we're done scuba diving and swim back up onto the beach? Do we stay in the scuba suit until we change into something else? Or does it get treated like motorcycle helmets and our character magically takes off the scuba suit after a certain amount of time?

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (iiConTr0v3rSYx @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 06:27)
I would assume so, seeing as there's lung capacity in the skill chart.

this.
/thread

RMN
  • RMN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (rubix99 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 11:51)
Anyone know if we will be able to go underwater without scuba gear for a limited time......like there will be an oxygen meter or something?

Or will it be like GTAIV where its impossible to go underwater?

You can surely go without scuba equipment because the equipment needs to be wear first and you can just ignore this step and jump into water.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (littleBIGman @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 08:46)

I think it would be cool to have pressure, instead of just a flat undetailed ocean floor it would make more sense for the ocean to get deeper and deeper until it gets darker and the pressure starts building.

Now the ocean is detailed it would look silly going from really good detail to flat endless seabed.

Now in gtav you have to consider wind factors when sniping and hunting so I don't see why they wouldn't add pressure.

GTAV has wind factor but does that mean its a hunting simulator?

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

That's why we have lung capacity.

I don't think there will be pressure. No sense to make it really, in that case when diving out should we also stop every once in a while and stand there to adjust to pressure, is that how far we should go?

darkbart
  • darkbart

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

They talked about the scuba gear being on certain boats......

So I'm wondering if we have to purchase the boat with the scuba gear on it before we can go diving? ie you cant do it straight away.....like in life you have to save up the bucks to be able to take part.....

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:19 AM Edited by luckyshot666, 26 July 2013 - 01:03 PM.

No but if there was no pressure, you could go to unlimited depth with submarine, that means you would either fall out of the map or ocean surface would have to be randomly generated. Not R* style.

Pressure: confirmed.

Sorry, I meant to say ocean bottom , bad English.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (luckyshot666 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 11:19)

No but if there was no pressure, you could go to unlimited depth with submarine, that means you would either fall out of the map or ocean surface would have to be randomly generated. Not R* style.

Actually randomly generated ocean (with ocean bottom in this game obviously) is Rockstar's and any other open world developer's style.

ASNAEB
  • ASNAEB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (luckyshot666 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 11:19)

That's some watertight reasoning right there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users