Photo

GTA IV Making My PC Crash & Restart!

3 replies to this topic
xvr3laps3vx
  • xvr3laps3vx

Zombie Hunter

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

Recently I installed a copy of Windows 8 Pro on my PC. I upgraded it from Windows 7. I never had any problems with GTA IV crashing and restarting my PC. Here's what I have:

3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3570K
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
8 GIGS of Ram.
600W Power Supply

I play the game with High settings as opposed to very high settings. I have a paid Steam version of the game. This has never happened to me on Windows 7. Everything is fine 5-10 minutes into the game and it suddenly turns my screen black and i'm at the BIOS as it starts up. All fans are working, none are overclocked and my drivers are updated to the latest version. I'm also using 1.0.4.0 running an ENB, modded cars and 2 scripts with no problem. I also installed a realistic weapons mod and a realistic BF3 weapon sounds. The temperature of the GPU during the game is around 50 celsius. I doubt the graphics card is overheating because GTA IV is the only game the has this issue. All suggestions are appreciated. ALSO, the power supply plug in a 3 prone plug and I use a two prone adapter for my outlet.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Have you tried deleting your game's settings file (click here to see how)?

The cause of your problem is most likely all the mods you have and the outdated version of the game. Try un-installing the game. Manually remove games's installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86) OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\) before installing the game again. Install the latest version of the game. If after all this you can't launch a "clean" version of the game without any mods, then we can try to help you. Other than that your only option is to ask help at modding forums (see big yellow text at the top), but considering how many mods you have don't expect much help.

xvr3laps3vx
  • xvr3laps3vx

Zombie Hunter

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (CCPD @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 14:44)
Have you tried deleting your game's settings file (click here to see how)?

The cause of your problem is most likely all the mods you have and the outdated version of the game. Try un-installing the game. Manually remove games's installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86) OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\) before installing the game again. Install the latest version of the game. If after all this you can't launch a "clean" version of the game without any mods, then we can try to help you. Other than that your only option is to ask help at modding forums (see big yellow text at the top), but considering how many mods you have don't expect much help.

Turns out deleting the game's settings file worked perfectly, thanks. lol.gif

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Glad it wasn't serious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users