Photo

Forever Loading

6 replies to this topic
dyaviator
  • dyaviator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

I know someone has probably asked this before, but I couldn't find anything with the search. I have the forever loading bug for GTA IV, I was able to run it before. I installed a mac skin pack, after Uninstalling it my computer didn't want to load for a while. Finally I did a system restore, It worked, removed a Trojan (coin miner) from my computer but now it will not work. =( I Am using a downloaded version off of steam, and I reinstalled it a few days ago.

My specs:
Windows 8 64 bit

Intel Pentium CPU G645 @ 2.90 GHz

6.0 GB RAM

No Extra GPU I just have it on crap settings biggrin.gif
Thats pretty much it. Thanks for any help. (I think I have tried pretty much everything so idk, this is my last resort besides getting a new system)

~MrPolicecat

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Well the fact that you are using an Integrated video card and a weak processor, that is the cause of the slow loading, as your PC does not meet the minimum specs for the game. Until you get a better processor and Video card, there is really nothing you can do about it.

dyaviator
  • dyaviator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

The only thing is, The game has run on this system before, so I know that it can run, and when I started with the game before, I had this problem, but I don't remember how I fixed it.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

1. Where did you get your game from?
  2. Are you using any mods, cracks or trainers?
  3. Do you have the latest version of the game?
  4. Have you tried re-installing the game?
  5. Have you manually removed games's installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86) OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\) before installing the game again?
  6. Have you tried launching the game in different compatibility modes and/or as administrator (RMB click on games's .exe --> Properties --> Compatibility)?
  7. Have you tried deleting your game's settings file (click here to see how)?

dyaviator
  • dyaviator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:13 PM Edited by dyaviator, 26 July 2013 - 03:18 PM.

1. I bought it on steam
2. Yes, but I did a clean install so there gone.
3. I think so I'm not completely sure
4. Yes
5. Yes I did
6. Yes I have done it from admin, I believe from compatibility but I'll do it again to make sure
7. Nope EDIT: I couldn't find thr Rockstar games file in my %appdata% and I think its because its on steam. I also checked to show hidden files

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Download and install (re-install if you already have it):
  1. Games for Windows Marketplace Client - Download
  2. GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0 (unless you already have the latest version of the game) - Download
  3. EFLC Patch 1.1.2.0 (unless you already have the latest version of the game) - Download
  4. DirectX End-User Runtimes - Download
  5. Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 Redistributable Package x86 (all three) - Download 2005 / Download 2008 / Download 2010
  6. .NET Framework (try only 3.5 first) - Download 3.5 / Download 4.5

dyaviator
  • dyaviator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

I installed all of them but it still just loops through the pictures of people. Also, the EFLC patch had an error but if you need the log just ask. =)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users