Quantcast

» «
Photo

what are some of the classic noob mistakes?

14 replies to this topic
hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by hugh750, 26 July 2013 - 03:44 AM.

what are some of the classic mistakes you've seen noobs make in gta 4 multiplayer? lol.gif
gta 4 noob

Dragons2247
  • Dragons2247

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (hugh750 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 03:36)
what are some of the classic mistakes you've seen noobs make in gta 4 multiplayer? lol.gif
gta 4 noob

Accidently walking off a building after jumping over a obstacle.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

sending a stupid message to someone who has been playing for years or talking sh*t on the mic.
or expecting not to die and getting upset when they do.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Whoop some ass!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

Trying to ram but never trying to driveby? Never understood the noobs.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Using RPG's and nothing else .

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

In Cops and Crooks, I have seen more newbies redefine idiocy than I care to count.

Getting randomly selected as Boss and getting killed cheaply is common, this one below is a particular classic:

Thunderer08
  • Thunderer08

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 18:15)
Using RPG's and nothing else . yep classic mistake

in free roam driving at me full speed while i stand the otherside of a wall or above in a raised garden and nail them with my M4 and they come back at me and do the same for about 10 minutes and never learn to stay away or snipe me.... they usually go to the RPG but that fails when they aim at my head and not my feet... even after 5 years of IV...lol

03silverbullet
  • 03silverbullet

multiplaya4life

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

well, we've all been "noobs" at one point, so i'm not going to talk like i'm all holier than thou now that i'm a bit more familiar with multiplayer mode. i have, however, seen and continue to see something that cracks me up every night i log into free roam on TBoGT.

there is always a board where some rookie pilot attempts to kill every player on the ground, even though, their piloting skills aren't up to snuff. they then kill the wrong player on the ground who is a much better pilot. that better pilot gets a chopper and spends the rest of the night, owning the rookie pilot.

EvilDog77
  • EvilDog77

Unequaled C4 Whore

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Kicking a prolific hacker who has 17 Live accounts. Enemy for life.

Morganthaler
  • Morganthaler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Thunderer08 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 03:03)
QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 18:15)
Using RPG's and nothing else . yep classic mistake

in free roam driving at me full speed while i stand the otherside of a wall or above in a raised garden and nail them with my M4 and they come back at me and do the same for about 10 minutes and never learn to stay away or snipe me.... they usually go to the RPG but that fails when they aim at my head and not my feet... even after 5 years of IV...lol

Similar to that, if you try to run someone over in a car and fail, keep going - don't try to stop and back over them unless they are on the ground (and maybe not even then). It's very easy for a competent player to side step or roll out of the way of a slow moving vehicle and fill the driver full of bullets in the process.

Firing the entire clip in one button press. Use short bursts, they'll be more on target.

Shooting RPG's at the person's body and not their feet as others have mentioned - aim for the ground right under their feet, or under their car. RPG's do enough damage to kill even if you miss by a little bit, and even if you're off by quite a bit it will throw the opponent and knock them off their feet, and you can finish them off with gun fire or another RPG (though I also can't stand people who use nothing but RPG's; I've seen plenty of level 10's who do that all the time).

Remember the goal of the game that you are playing; I play lots of Mafiya Work, and you'll get people who forget that the goal is to complete missions, not kill people - on the other hand sometimes it is critical to control the area first before attempting to complete a task. That's a tradeoff that you learn how to make with experience.

One tip for Noobs that especially applies for MW and TMW: If you are playing in a game with a bunch of higher level guys, let them take each other out and try to sneak in around them to accomplish missions. Never give up on a mission. Others may get to the destination first, but its really common for two evenly matched opponents to kill each other and then you can waltz in and pick up the mess. I did that a lot as I was learning the game.

Thunderer08
  • Thunderer08

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

My pet hate 'is' people who use a cars to kill other players, not only that but they seem to miss you and you die, but worse you seem to miss them when you try it and they live.... anyway I stay out of cars and yes 1 2 round bursts at the head of the driver get's them killed but I usually have them coming back time after time trying the same move and they fail.

Mafia Wars hmmm yes I think I have won nearly all the games I played which isn't that many but everytime I join one the other players
just go at each other as if it were a DM and I get to do the jobs same in car jack city they usually leave the game when the money is well
higher than there kill bonus.

Yeah as you say they take each other out and take the spoils once they have gone lol.

eight nine
  • eight nine

trolololling the trolls

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:29 AM

Attacking someone with a vehicle after I've blown them up three time when they've attacked me with a vehicle.

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

Making posts like this

Calanguento
  • Calanguento

Citizen

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

I find it funny how they suck at piloting the Annihilator.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

From Urban Dictionary:

II. Defining 'Noob'
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more

So the biggest mistake they make is not to listen to regular players when they offer advice. Like "Boss, don't drive straight into the cops" or "Boss don't jump off that cliff".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users