Photo

Vehicles in Blaine County

89 replies to this topic
Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Maxios @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 02:30)
It's not a bug. In real life, out in the desert, people have to pop their hoods to keep their engines from overheating. Rockstar decided to include that little detail in-game.

if this is the explaination, just omg inlove.gif

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

I liked how the bonnets used to pop up in GTA IV.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

The word retard is getting thrown around a lot here. Some of you don't seem to realize that all cars have secondary latches to prevent the hood from flying up if you don't close it fully.

I think It's either a purposeful detail or because of a collision, but anyone who thinks they know for sure is an idiot.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

some cars obviously not having front end damage have their hoods open.

not every hood is open.

it's highly unlikely R* would be releasing screenshots, trailers and gameplay footage with obvious visual bugs for over a year.

trevor is driving an older truck with a less efficient cooling system without the hood popped, while newer, more efficient presumably by-the-book maintained and serviced police issue vehicles have their hoods open. but not all of them.

if you pop your hood and leave the secondary latch engaged, there is a danger of the onrush of wind at high speeds lifting the hood. the secondary latch is not as strong as the primary latch and a bump can dislodge it. i've personally seen it happen at ~45mph ( about 70 km/h ). the hood can smash your windshield and it can fly off. bad scene.

if your car's overheating, 1) stop car 2) turn off engine 3)open hood all the way and use hood prop 4) wait for it to cool off. if you can't drive around town without the car overheating, while cracking open the hood physically should help marginally, if that's the difference between a driveable car or not, something is wrong with your car.

i'm not convinced anyone in this thread is correct so far.

anyone spied an open gas tank door or trunk yet?

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (uboaaaa @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 11:25)
QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 14:46)
QUOTE (uboaaaa @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:55)
I doubt it's a bug. I believe it's randomly-generated damage since Blaine County's inhabitants appear rather poor.

Yeah, poor people who live in the country's hoods will not stay closed!!!! sarcasm.gif

It's actually a trend. They leave it open because it looks kewl.

I think Worshipkraff may be right, altyhough I've never seen it. It could be some sort of unfinished product or bug, I just don't fu*king know.

I can't believe R* would release trailers if the cars had such a noticeable bug; it seems too sloppy for them. And I don't see why it couldn't be vehicle damage, haven't you ever seen a hood popped up after an accident? And regarding the police vehicles, all the cops with their hoods popped up already have damage on them... And they wouldn't continue to cool the car engine down while keeping the hood up while driving, because...

I don't live nowhere near the desert so I did not know that. Makes sense. icon14.gif

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (voyager @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 21:09)
some cars obviously not having front end damage have their hoods open.

not every hood is open.

it's highly unlikely R* would be releasing screenshots, trailers and gameplay footage with obvious visual bugs for over a year.

trevor is driving an older truck with a less efficient cooling system without the hood popped, while newer, more efficient presumably by-the-book maintained and serviced police issue vehicles have their hoods open. but not all of them.

if you pop your hood and leave the secondary latch engaged, there is a danger of the onrush of wind at high speeds lifting the hood. the secondary latch is not as strong as the primary latch and a bump can dislodge it. i've personally seen it happen at ~45mph ( about 70 km/h ). the hood can smash your windshield and it can fly off. bad scene.

if your car's overheating, 1) stop car 2) turn off engine 3)open hood all the way and use hood prop 4) wait for it to cool off. if you can't drive around town without the car overheating, while cracking open the hood physically should help marginally, if that's the difference between a driveable car or not, something is wrong with your car.

i'm not convinced anyone in this thread is correct so far.

anyone spied an open gas tank door or trunk yet?

You are about the only one making much sense in this thread; though I do want to point out:

Most police vehicles (as well as high-performance and off-road vehicles) have tertiary external hood pins to prevent hood flutter or release at high speeds should the primary and secondary (internal) latches break. Like these:

user posted image

Perhaps they come as a modification to keep popped hoods from flying back and being ripped off (a common occurrence in GTA IV), however that would still not explain why undamaged vehicles have popped hoods.

lance22
  • lance22

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 03:06)
Hmm. this picture shows otherwise.
user posted image

EDIT:This is the player driving not the NPC, so it doesn't matter.

Trevors truck hood wasnt open in the other screen, its just the hood scoop

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

If it's a bug, why would that be there, where would it arise from? Bugs don't just come from nowhere, it's intended code that shows up in unintended areas due to perhaps in oversight in where it shows up, or in parameters, and so on. So what is it about this area that causes this bug to show up? I don't think it's a bug. Having it open to cool the engine doesn't really make sense as some have pointed out (I've lived in very hot areas all my life and I've never heard of people doing that), but it could just be that they're doing it purposefully to make the vehicles look slightly damaged in the area, due to poor maintenance as a result of being too poor to fix damages and too drunk to avoid collisions (this is the sticks, after all). That's mainly what I'm thinking of. A bug like that just seems... unlikely.

t-p-d-a
  • t-p-d-a

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (WORSHIP KRAFF @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 14:31)
Wow, I knew you kids have some mental problems..but seriously now, you really think Rockstar would let that so called 'bug' keep apearing since the damn second trailer up until the gameplay one? My IQ drops just by reading your complaints, I feel so sorry for R*, having to deal with such complete morons.

Just like Maxios said: 'It's not a bug. In real life, out in the desert, people have to pop their hoods to keep their engines from overheating. Rockstar decided to include that little detail in-game.'

If your little brains can't comprehend a new in-game feature, that doesn't make it a 'bug'. The only bugged things are your brains here, go outside and have some fresh air, it helps.

Also, if this really is a reason to bitch about, please do us all a favour and kill yourselves. You kids can only complain, about anything you can. Same goes for the driving physics in IV, which were amazing, but of course, utter morons could never use the brakes, so the driving 'sucked' in IV. Same goes for the differences regarding the amount of trees from the screenshots and trailers..how stupid can you people get? Do you really care about the amount of trees in this damn game?

But again, I shouldn't even bother with morons like you all.

HELLO?

I'm a auto mechanic and drive with open hood has no effect! A car!!!! has a Internal combustion engine cooling!!!!! AND BY THE WAY!!!!! The temperature is getting higher with open hoods!!! (on running engine)

Kakka Carrot Cake
  • Kakka Carrot Cake

You am no real super sand

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

Spotted on Michaels trailer
user posted image

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

Front of the car is damaged there, as already said it's probably the front ends of those vehicles have received some sort of damage... Or it could just have been a bug with some of them.

mittlmao
  • mittlmao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Tommy_Vercetti_Mob @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 03:10)
QUOTE (umairbasit @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 02:19)
Here is another one
user posted image

The first sheriff's car has the hood ope. But the second sheriff car doesn't,

It looks to me like there is damage to the headlights on the Sheriff's car also

THC 300
  • THC 300

hombre condón

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

as long as it doesn't snap when you drive too fast...

MikeyB
  • MikeyB

Floppy Member

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (ChocoFrosty @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 02:41)
I really hope this gets noticed and fixed. If not, R* had better release a patch.

Better still, you get TWO patches, put one over each eye and problem solved.

umairbasit
  • umairbasit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

I see another vehicle with the same issue
user posted image

umairbasit
  • umairbasit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

Seems like the trunks are popped too confused.gif
user posted image

umairbasit
  • umairbasit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

What explaination do we have now?
Now that we have seen that the trunks are popped too. Still cooling the engines? sarcasm.gif lol

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

most of what we're seeing is light front end damage.

in Michael's trailer, we don't see the car getting damaged, but there's a lot of mayhem going on there so i can easily buy that he's tapped something with the nose of the car.

in the gameplay trailer, trevor evading arrest:

user posted image

* trevor's hood isn't popped (some ppl are seeing the shadow of the bulge in the hood - that truck doesn't have a scoop)
* the police car directly behind trevor has an open hood.

a few frames later:

user posted image

* only the first police car behind trevor has a popped hood.

only the car directly behind trevor has been trying to nudge his rear end out of line. of course it's taken some damage.
it's headlights look damaged:

user posted image

if you are not sure that car is damaged, look at the third car back in this scene:

user posted image

its bumper cover is come off on the driver's side, and its headlights look in similar shape. the 2nd car back, however, looks like it has so far avoided any interaction with trevor or telephone poles:

user posted image

see how its headlights look different? glass still intact. funny how all these GTA cars have glass headlights and it's so expensive to get glass ones for my actual car in real life.

hoods popped open? rear end collision i guess. we zoom in on trevor while the chase has already been in progress. but all i'm really showing is that open boots and bonnets are linked to light collisions.

does that explain this?

user posted image

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Vehicle has been damaged seems the case here.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

I just found out why this happens on Michael's trailer on the airport scene, look closely on the hood (pardon for the sh*tty quality, I used a quickie gif recorder program):
user posted image

Yup people, I just confirmed hoods will pop open due to the shockwave of a nearby explosion.

dinoSAUR230
  • dinoSAUR230

Scout

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

^ Nice find, but..
I've never heard of a hood popping open due to an explosion shockwave. Surely the windows would smash before the hood closing latch failed?

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

Just saw it in the gameplay trailer and every car that had that 'issue' was a cop car from what I saw as Trevor's truck didn't seem to have it, also every car I saw it on looked damaged. So odds are it's just some damage.

NONative
  • NONative

Release The Freaks

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Yes hello everyone I'm back!!! LOL the crazy Cajun has returned....I missed u all....But back to topic....I think the open hood is just a light damage stage like others have stated.

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Well since trunks are popped, and hoods are popped in some scenes where there is no action involved, I place my bet on bug.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (luckyshot666 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 18:27)
Well since trunks are popped, and hoods are popped in some scenes where there is no action involved, I place my bet on bug.

It's probably just a bug. A freaking bug. It will be fixed. Also....

Law enforcement do NOT pop their hoods when idling for long periods because A.It's a safety hazard if cop gets in a pursuit. B. Police vehicles usually have fans in the trunk to draw out hot air in the car to keep all the electronics from frying. C.You don't need to pop the hood to cool the motor because there's this thing called a fan placed on the radiator to pull heat out of the colant and D. Vehicles now a days RARELY overheat from simply idling for long periods of time. Also of all the police vehicles I have worked on none of them had any special hood latching devices as described a couple pages back.

If anybody is doing this, do not pop your hood when idling to cool the vehicle down. If your car is overheating then you have a cooling system issue. The operating temperature of your engine is far higher than anything our weather could throw at it. Just an FYI

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

No way mon the same ting happ'n in 4. Hood always come loose on front smash seen? Annoying it is, happen it does. Get away without scratch Trevor did hmmmm.

What? I went from Rasta to Yoda?

MesaGrande
  • MesaGrande

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

Ok. For real though... NO one drives around with their hood popped. It's stupid and dangerous and while it may possibly help cool your engine, it's more likely to unlatch or break open and end badly. I've seen people rock the no hood look, and even once or twice ive seen old winnebagos drive with their hood open at low speeds heading through the desert or on the 395 but that's not what we're talking about is it?
One of you should try hopping on the 138 and hauling ass in the summertime through the desert with your hood popped.

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

Try to be Brown.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

For a start if it was just damage from the game, then it would be something different then just a popped hood in EVERY car.

Obviously a small bug that rock star won't allow into the final game because their games are well polished with great attention to detail.

RedHolden
  • RedHolden

Playing GTA Since 2001

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

It most be something that happend after the protags trailer was released.

These images are from the first Trailer of GTA V. The problem does not seem to exist.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I'll post images about this issue from other trailers soon. Thats if I can find this thread again and if it's still open for discussion

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Just end this already lol, we've basically proved now that it comes down to damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users