Photo

Vehicles in Blaine County

89 replies to this topic
littleBIGman
  • littleBIGman

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

No you would not drive around with your hood/bonnet open or ajar, anyone who actually drives will tell you this.

Why? because the wind would catch it and rip it off the car, as it does in GTA4 when you have a damaged car.

The cars are more than likely damaged, END OF

NEONPOWER2
  • NEONPOWER2

███ The Last Genius ███

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 03:03)
QUOTE (Maxios @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 02:30)
It's not a bug. In real life, out in the desert, people have to pop their hoods to keep their engines from overheating. Rockstar decided to include that little detail in-game.

This icon14.gif

Well, that would be very realistic and reasonable. monocle.gif

how was that not obvious , thought everybody knows this lol.gif

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:55 AM Edited by luckyshot666, 26 July 2013 - 10:59 AM.

QUOTE (NEONPOWER2 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 09:20)
It's not a bug. In real life, out in the desert, people have to pop their hoods to keep their engines from overheating. Rockstar decided to include that little detail in-game.

This icon14.gif

Probably because some people, me included don't live in the desert. When i drive in temperature of minus 40 degrees, overheating is not exactly my first concern.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

It's not just Blaine County that has that, look at Michael's trailer on the airport scene, the hood is open on the while Dewbauchee..

WORSHIP KRAFF
  • WORSHIP KRAFF

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hahah you people are amazing..a bug? really? Wow. I feel bad for some of you, honestly..

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (WORSHIP KRAFF @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 11:00)
Hahah you people are amazing..a bug? really? Wow. I feel bad for some of you, honestly..

So much retard in your post. dozingoff.gif

WORSHIP KRAFF
  • WORSHIP KRAFF

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Technetic @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 11:14)

'retard' in my post? Really, how so? People don't realize this is an actual in-game detail, and it's ON PURPOSE made by R*..so tell me, who's retarded here?

The Jackal 187
  • The Jackal 187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

Interesting fact. Thanks dude. And well done Rockstar for their attention to detail smile.gif

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 04:08)
QUOTE (NikoBellic1993 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:40)
QUOTE (ChocoFrosty @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 03:32)
Yeah, I'm not convinced that the hood is popped for hot weather.

I think you all just jumped on board with that idea to have some kind of answer.

Well who gives a sh*t anyway except for nitpicking morons ? If that little thing bothers you then you have some major problems unrelated to the game.

Please help us all and cut your hands off so you don't have to post anymore!!! lol.gif I mean god...

It's simple. You bump into something and the hood pops up. It happened in IV. In the scene with the trucks that was obviously a bug because all of the windows appear to be gone too. As for the other scenes, the cars are damaged. I mean how are you going to post a scene of a cop car that obviously hit someone and then ask why the hood is popped? That's just dumb.

How about you go f yourself and don't tell me what to do ? Are you still butthurt because i called you out for being a poser ?

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (WORSHIP KRAFF @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 11:26)

'retard' in my post? Really, how so? People don't realize this is an actual in-game detail, and it's ON PURPOSE made by R*..so tell me, who's retarded here?

You are still retarded

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (NEONPOWER2 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 09:20)

This icon14.gif

user posted image

No they don't. You would only do it before or preferably after you drove the car.

Heat rises.

The only difference it would make to help cool your engine is if you had your hood all the way open (at which point it would obscure your view and probably break off at speed)

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (The Jackal 187 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 12:18)

Interesting fact. Thanks dude. And well done Rockstar for their attention to detail smile.gif

seriously, how many of you are even old enough to drive?
Yes, you can pop your hood to help cool the engine (if it's the whole way open), but your not driving anywhere with the
hood popped. Are you kiddin' me?

QUOTE (WORSHIP KRAFF @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 11:26)

So much retard in your post. 

so even the truck pullin the generator through sandy shores, not a bug?
he's just cooling of his engine huh?
Seriously...if you can drive (6#8oz baby jesus help us all) go pop the hood of your car & drive around.
let me know how that works out for ya.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Even law enforcement vehicles? This looks like a bug IMO.

QUOTE (uboaaaa @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 01:55)
I doubt it's a bug. I believe it's randomly-generated damage since Blaine County's inhabitants appear rather poor.

No. None of those cars are beaters or seem to be driven by 'poor' people as you say it. And if that WAS damage, it looks really awkward and doesn't make any sense.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

There is no temperature in Blaine County dumbnuts - it's a video game!!! It's the same teperature on the top of Mt Chilliad as it is at the bottom of the ocean (ie. NO temperature).

I hope this isn't the same bug that was in GTA IV multiplayer where the doors would fall off the cars for no apparent reason. If you're not aware of the bug from IV there's a perfect example of it @1:21 of the right video link in my sig (The Infernus)

http://www.youtube.c...VDt5zOQzNw&t=79

...for those who can't get forum sigs

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 13:09)
There is no temperature in Blaine County dumbnuts - it's a video game!!! It's the same teperature on the top of Mt Chilliad as it is at the bottom of the ocean (ie. NO temperature).

I hope this isn't the same bug that was in GTA IV multiplayer where the doors would fall off the cars for no apparent reason. If you're not aware of the bug from IV there's a perfect example of it @1:21 of the right video link in my sig (The Infernus)

http://www.youtube.c...VDt5zOQzNw&t=79

...for those who can't get forum sigs

Ya thats weird. You couldn't have been luckier finding an infernus on the other side of that wall

haarp
  • haarp

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

its bug, in GTA IV when you drive after the hood has unlocked it obscures the view

WORSHIP KRAFF
  • WORSHIP KRAFF

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by WORSHIP KRAFF, 26 July 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Wow, I knew you kids have some mental problems..but seriously now, you really think Rockstar would let that so called 'bug' keep apearing since the damn second trailer up until the gameplay one? My IQ drops just by reading your complaints, I feel so sorry for R*, having to deal with such complete morons.

Just like Maxios said: 'It's not a bug. In real life, out in the desert, people have to pop their hoods to keep their engines from overheating. Rockstar decided to include that little detail in-game.'

If your little brains can't comprehend a new in-game feature, that doesn't make it a 'bug'. The only bugged things are your brains here, go outside and have some fresh air, it helps.

Also, if this really is a reason to bitch about, please do us all a favour and kill yourselves. You kids can only complain, about anything you can. Same goes for the driving physics in IV, which were amazing, but of course, utter morons could never use the brakes, so the driving 'sucked' in IV. Same goes for the differences regarding the amount of trees from the screenshots and trailers..how stupid can you people get? Do you really care about the amount of trees in this damn game?

But again, I shouldn't even bother with morons like you all.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:46 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 26 July 2013 - 02:49 PM.

QUOTE (uboaaaa @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:55)
I doubt it's a bug. I believe it's randomly-generated damage since Blaine County's inhabitants appear rather poor.

Yeah, poor people who live in the country's hoods will not stay closed!!!! sarcasm.gif

It's actually a trend. They leave it open because it looks kewl.

I think Worshipkraff may be right, altyhough I've never seen it. It could be some sort of unfinished product or bug, I just don't fu*king know.

MetalGrand
  • MetalGrand

Hail To The King

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Who the hell drives with the hood popped? I live in Phoenix with a lot of days 110+ degrees and I have never seen that.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (WORSHIP KRAFF @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 14:31)
I feel so sorry for R*, having to deal with such complete morons.

Just like Maxios said: 'It's not a bug. In real life, out in the desert, people have to pop their hoods to keep their engines from overheating. Rockstar decided to include that little detail in-game.'

If your little brains can't comprehend a new in-game feature, that doesn't make it a 'bug'. The only bugged things are your brains here, go outside and have some fresh air, it helps.

Also, if this really is a reason to bitch about, please do us all a favour and kill yourselves. You kids can only complain, about anything you can.But again, I shouldn't even bother with morons like you all.

Hey, troll fail...
How many people you know driving around with their hoods up, or even popped?
I feel so sorry for everyone having to deal with you.

If your little brain can't comprehend that Maxios is obvioulsy a fool, then perhaps you should be the one to go outside.
Infact go outside to the desert, see if what he said is true...FYI: it's not.
Maybe if you drive an old beater with a bad thermostat...even then you're not driving with the hood un-latched.

You are partially right, you shouldn't deal with us morons & should take your own advice from the sentance before.
suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Highly doubt it's a bug, I don't think Rockstar would be showing off gameplay with bugs.

Also highly doubt it's for the heat. Probably from when the cop cars ram Trevor.

Orthopox
  • Orthopox

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

user posted image

Example of people with cars in the hot desert.

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (MetalGrand @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 14:47)
Who the hell drives with the hood popped? I live in Phoenix with a lot of days 110+ degrees and I have never seen that.

icon14.gif

I hired a Dodge Viper GTS when I got married in Vegas. It was so hot me shoes where melting to the peddles because they had disconnected the A/C so the Engine would not overheat.

If you did try and drive around in an older car with the hood open, you are likely to end up with it flipping up and smashing the windscreen. The latches are rubbish on most cars.

uboaaaa
  • uboaaaa

I'm afraid we've reached an impasse.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by uboaaaa, 26 July 2013 - 03:48 PM.

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 14:46)
QUOTE (uboaaaa @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:55)

Yeah, poor people who live in the country's hoods will not stay closed!!!! sarcasm.gif

It's actually a trend. They leave it open because it looks kewl.

I think Worshipkraff may be right, altyhough I've never seen it. It could be some sort of unfinished product or bug, I just don't fu*king know.

I can't believe R* would release trailers if the cars had such a noticeable bug; it seems too sloppy for them. And I don't see why it couldn't be vehicle damage, haven't you ever seen a hood popped up after an accident? And regarding the police vehicles, all the cops with their hoods popped up already have damage on them... And they wouldn't continue to cool the car engine down while keeping the hood up while driving, because...

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Yeah guys, I live in Texas where it can reach 110F in the summer, never seen anyone have to pop their hood to cool their car.

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

It does seem sloppy but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Only a few hundred people are going to know it even happened and it will be fixed by release.

As for it being intentional, I highly doubt it. I could see a poor laborer in a beater popping his hood on a hot day in Blaine County, but it would be the stupidest thing in the world if cop cars in the desert have their hoods popped. What if they have to engage in a pursuit where they may have to bump the guy off the road? Having the hood unlatched is going to increase the chances of it flying up and causing you to lose your sight and get in a wreck. Not realistic at all. Plus, most decently new, maintained cars (like cop cars) can handle extreme heat.

westcoastOC
  • westcoastOC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

"Many years ago, I worked a job in a very hot and humid climate which required that we sit for long periods of time for a variety of reasons.
We popped the hoods a lot and the open hood kept the engine temp down a lot. One of our guys lived near a GM mechanic who recommended it to us.

Think about it. The engine produces a lot of heat which is generally designed to be dissipated by forward motion assisted by the fan which runs faster when the car is moving. If the car remains in a fixed position, but must be running to keep the A/C operating or to continue to power the radio or other equipment, this can cause the engine to run hot. It also heats the car interior. Opening the hood permits a significant amount of heat to escape upward.

Later, I saw that done in Miami, Montgomery, Atlanta and New Orleans, so it is not really an uncommon practice.

I believe that the newer cars are better designed and rarely need that method..."

There are acouple pictures and YouTube vids to prove also this is not a glitch. They've spent 5 years working on this game, I think R* researched and knows more about this than any of us

InfiniteTias
  • InfiniteTias

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

There you go guys. Haven't anyone on this forum except for a few people done anything except playing GTA in theri life?

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

You can't be 100% positive R* popped the hoods on purpose.

I can't be 100% positive it's a bug.

So stop acting like you all know for sure that popping your hood in the heat is a real thing and R* definitely put it in the game. There is no way you could possibly know that.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

It would make sense for people to pop their hoods in hot hot places to keep the engines cool but I would've thought that newer cars with better cooling dynamics and technology wouldn't need to do this though. Good spot though, I didn't even see this till it were mentioned (the hoods being popped).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users