Photo

GTAIII Deleted Missions

14 replies to this topic
Habbrow94
  • Habbrow94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

Hello, I have a few questions regarding GTA3, ever since I first played it back in 2001. I beat the game in 2003 and since then I always felt like there was something missing. I loved how dark and gritty this game was being your character who was a psychopathic mute, from beginning when you are betrayed to the middle where you double cross Kenji, to the the very end when you hear that fatal gunshot silencing Maria's Bickering. After those events it left me wondering about a few things. First off, the story was short and I expected more missions, I assumed maybe Donald Love would come back after he disappeared shortly before and maybe you would get a text from Ray in Miami, or you would meet up with 8Ball to take care of Business with the Leone's. I was very frustrated at the time because it left me on a major cliffhanger and seemed to be a prolonged cliffhanger after, Vice City, Sanandreas, LCS, and VCS came out. Major characters kept returning and didnt really point to to what happens after the events of GTAIII.

To the questions, - What happened to Donald Love? Where did he go, and why?

- Who the hell was the Oriental gentlemen? and why was he so damn important? did he leave with Donald?

- What happened to our buddy 8Balls? and why wasn't his character involved on the other missions and Islands of the game?

- assuming Toni, Joey, Mick, and Luigi were a still alive and present throughout the game, why weren't there any later mission where they were present, after all you killed the Godfather of Saint Marks, and these characters should have put a hit out on you and assuming you will kill them too.

- Does anyone know any Facts on Darkel? People say he was a terrorist, had you blow up a school bus full of kids, and off Donald through flying a plane packed with explosives directly into Love Media building. However Rockstar denies this and sais he was just too strange to fit the story line of the game. Seriously? why are they hiding Darkel story? its just a videogame for heavens sake

- Who is Tom Novy? Back to the streets is a kick ass song, and I heard it on you tube not to long ago tounge.gif

- Who is the Butler? and why is there a high polygon count in his texture files?

- In the original trailer for the game, there were several armed Yakuza gang members standing in Salvatore house pointing shotguns at you? This looked so badass it had to be true, why wasnt this in the actual game?

- Does anyone know anything else or have any other questions involving Grand Theft Auto III?

GTAV comes out soon, and I cant wait to be back on the set with Grove Street Families. I would love to see CJ in the game, maybe in a DLC or multiplayer. After all why make another Sanandreas, have green color gangsters and leave out the leader CJ or Sweet in the first place? Sounds kinda dumb to me, so they better have a good reason, like hes dead or Cameo appearance. Anyone else feel me? smile.gif

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:01 AM Edited by Xegethra, 26 July 2013 - 10:09 AM.

None of the later games reference the events after GTA 3 as they are all set before GTA 3. I guess Rockstar just can't come up with a decent enough story for afterwards and so just left it....

Donald Love most likely just fled the city....he wouldn't have told Claude or anyone else because he doesn't want any chance of the Columbians (Or Catalina) finding him. They stole the oriental gentleman as they knew Donald was using him for personal reasons....you know, teaching him ancient practises and stuff, keeping his head. And Donald wants you to go get him back form the Columbians. The Columbians took over Fort Staunton after Donald had Toni in LCS blow it up....he wanted to buy the land and develop it into some commercial success...of course he is too crooked to buy the land at full price so after terrorising it to scare everyone else away from buying it, he buys it driving price down. In GTA 3 to further drive prices down so people will buy business there he causes a gang war between Yakuza and the Columbians. I guess the Columbians catch wind of his plans and so Donald flees. Also they probably figured out he was helping out Claude, so another reason for him to flee them.

8Ball probably just got arrested again. On the Liberty Tree website there is an article about him being in prison and the date looks for it to be set after the game. There is a picture of him running in the yard.

As for the Mafia....I guess Rockstar just wanted done with them, didn't want to drag out an overly long experience with them after running out of use for them.

Darkel was just gonna be a rampage....a kill frenzie....instead of icons to get these missions you would have gone to him instead. They took him out because the felt he didn't quite fit into the game....like how TV shows and films have characters in the first script but some of them get kicked out...they just felt he no longer "worked" with the game, maybe they couldn't flesh his character out enough or something. And so gave his missions to those little icons instead.

Tom Novy...just a music guy I guess?

The butler was probably a cut character for the same reasons as Darkel was cut...couldn't find a place for him. He could have been butler to the Mafia, maybe the Yakuza, or even the Columbians at the mansion...or maybe a rich character was planned but scrapped and he was their butler.

That was just a scene to advertise the game....nothing more.

I don't think we will see CJ....you are forgetting that the new Los Santos is a re-imagining of the old location...just like GTA 3 was a re-imagining of the Liberty City in GTA 1. Hell even GTA Vice City was just another version of Vice City also from GTA 1....same for San Andreas.

The GTA 3 era world is just an alternate reality from the GTA 1 era world....like parallel universes for example.....imagine you in another universe as a hippie or something. What Rockstar do is obviously want to use the same locations over again (I guess because they keep coming up with stuff they can do with them) but because nobody wants to play the same layout too many times they take the location and put it in an alternate GTA world and change it up some. Even some characters get an alternate reality version of them (El Burro in GTA 1 and 3) (Lazlow in the GTA 3 universe and GTA 4 universe). Different incarnations of the same characters and locations. (Not to mentions cars, businesses and even some radio stations (Like Head Radio) have also seen alternate versions in different GTA worlds). Because it wouldn't make sense to have Liberty City (Or any other) appear in entirely different forms in the same universe would it? That's why GTA 3 and LCS have the same Liberty City, but a different Liberty City from GTA 1 and 4 which also have differing versions. In alternate realities (should there be such a thing for real) my home city of Birmingham may be un-recognisable to me in many of them with different layouts and buildings and stuff.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Hmm?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Habbrow94 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 03:31)
- What happened to Donald Love? Where did he go, and why?

We don't know and we don't know.

- Who the hell was the Oriental gentlemen? and why was he so damn important? did he leave with Donald?

We don't know, we don't know and yes he probably did seeing as he, just like Donald, is never heard from again.

- What happened to our buddy 8Balls? and why wasn't his character involved on the other missions and Islands of the game?

As he is most likely the one who rigged the Cheetah with the bomb in "Last Requests", we can only assume that Claude cut off all contact with him, and vice versa. They sure would not have wanted anything to do with each other after that, which explains why he is absent during the rest of the game.

- assuming Toni, Joey, Mick, and Luigi were a still alive and present throughout the game, why weren't there any later mission where they were present, after all you killed the Godfather of Saint Marks, and these characters should have put a hit out on you and assuming you will kill them too.

They sort of did put out a hit on you considering the fact that all of the mafia members are trying to kill you after that mission. Personally, I think that Rockstar had settled for the story that they wanted for the game and didn't have the technology nor the budget to expand it more. Remember that this was in 2001 when nobody had seen a game concept similar to GTA III, and I don't think Rockstar was very well known as a game developer either. If they had done the game today, they probably would have included more of the points you make here.

- Does anyone know any Facts on Darkel? People say he was a terrorist, had you blow up a school bus full of kids, and off Donald through flying a plane packed with explosives directly into Love Media building. However Rockstar denies this and sais he was just too strange to fit the story line of the game. Seriously? why are they hiding Darkel story? its just a videogame for heavens sake

All I have heard is speculation and I believe that is all we will ever hear, sadly. sad.gif Rockstar refuses to explain who he was or what role he was supposed to play in the game. I have also read some speculation on many places saying that the missions he originally had were turned around and made into the rampages we have in the finished game.

- Who is the Butler? and why is there a high polygon count in his texture files?

Just a character who was originally supposed to be in the game. Due to his high poly character model, I've read speculation from some who believe he was to be seen in game as Salvatore's butler, but again, we don't know anything official about him.

- In the original trailer for the game, there were several armed Yakuza gang members standing in Salvatore house pointing shotguns at you? This looked so badass it had to be true, why wasnt this in the actual game?

Wasn't the original trailer made to showcase the game at E3 in 2001? If so they might have included it for cinematic effect.

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 17:53)
Due to his high poly character model, I've read speculation from some who believe he was to be seen in game as Salvatore's butler, but again, we don't know anything official about him.

Definitely not "seen" but I've read that he sort of appears in "Cutting the grass" mission where at the beginning Salvatore says "...leave us alone..." but there's no clear evidence whether it's him or someone else (Maria).

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

"All I have heard is speculation and I believe that is all we will ever hear, sadly. sad.gif Rockstar refuses to explain who he was or what role he was supposed to play in the game. I have also read some speculation on many places saying that the missions he originally had were turned around and made into the rampages we have in the finished game."

Well, it's part speculation and part what Rockstar have told us

user posted image

http://www.rockstarg...claude-dar.html

Habbrow94
  • Habbrow94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Xegethra @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 10:01)
None of the later games reference the events after GTA 3 as they are all set before GTA 3. I guess Rockstar just can't come up with a decent enough story for afterwards and so just left it....

Donald Love most likely just fled the city....he wouldn't have told Claude or anyone else because he doesn't want any chance of the Columbians (Or Catalina) finding him. They stole the oriental gentleman as they knew Donald was using him for personal reasons....you know, teaching him ancient practises and stuff, keeping his head. And Donald wants you to go get him back form the Columbians. The Columbians took over Fort Staunton after Donald had Toni in LCS blow it up....he wanted to buy the land and develop it into some commercial success...of course he is too crooked to buy the land at full price so after terrorising it to scare everyone else away from buying it, he buys it driving price down. In GTA 3 to further drive prices down so people will buy business there he causes a gang war between Yakuza and the Columbians. I guess the Columbians catch wind of his plans and so Donald flees. Also they probably figured out he was helping out Claude, so another reason for him to flee them.

8Ball probably just got arrested again. On the Liberty Tree website there is an article about him being in prison and the date looks for it to be set after the game. There is a picture of him running in the yard.

As for the Mafia....I guess Rockstar just wanted done with them, didn't want to drag out an overly long experience with them after running out of use for them.

Darkel was just gonna be a rampage....a kill frenzie....instead of icons to get these missions you would have gone to him instead. They took him out because the felt he didn't quite fit into the game....like how TV shows and films have characters in the first script but some of them get kicked out...they just felt he no longer "worked" with the game, maybe they couldn't flesh his character out enough or something. And so gave his missions to those little icons instead.

Tom Novy...just a music guy I guess?

The butler was probably a cut character for the same reasons as Darkel was cut...couldn't find a place for him. He could have been butler to the Mafia, maybe the Yakuza, or even the Columbians at the mansion...or maybe a rich character was planned but scrapped and he was their butler.

That was just a scene to advertise the game....nothing more.

I don't think we will see CJ....you are forgetting that the new Los Santos is a re-imagining of the old location...just like GTA 3 was a re-imagining of the Liberty City in GTA 1. Hell even GTA Vice City was just another version of Vice City also from GTA 1....same for San Andreas.

The GTA 3 era world is just an alternate reality from the GTA 1 era world....like parallel universes for example.....imagine you in another universe as a hippie or something. What Rockstar do is obviously want to use the same locations over again (I guess because they keep coming up with stuff they can do with them) but because nobody wants to play the same layout too many times they take the location and put it in an alternate GTA world and change it up some. Even some characters get an alternate reality version of them (El Burro in GTA 1 and 3) (Lazlow in the GTA 3 universe and GTA 4 universe). Different incarnations of the same characters and locations. (Not to mentions cars, businesses and even some radio stations (Like Head Radio) have also seen alternate versions in different GTA worlds). Because it wouldn't make sense to have Liberty City (Or any other) appear in entirely different forms in the same universe would it? That's why GTA 3 and LCS have the same Liberty City, but a different Liberty City from GTA 1 and 4 which also have differing versions. In alternate realities (should there be such a thing for real) my home city of Birmingham may be un-recognisable to me in many of them with different layouts and buildings and stuff.

Thankyou for you infos biggrin.gif

Wow, I didnt even realize the Liberty Tree website existed in the way it does. I figured it was just some Easter egg that didnt really matter, but I guess poor 8Ball was arrested again. Poor Bastard, he is my favorite NPC character in GTAIII.

About GTAV, I totally understand how the GTAIV world is different from the GTAIII world which is also different to the GTA2 world, which is also surprisingly different from the GTA1 World. However, what if they make a DLC or a separate game in the future like they did Chinatown Wars or the stories, maybe they can make a Sanandreas stories or Episodes from Sanandreas, with the older universe implemented. I think that would be nice even if it is something small and with the old game engine then connect every state, Sanandreas, Vice City Florida, and Liberty City. Or maybe they will just forget about the old universe confused.gif

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Hmm?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Xegethra @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 21:40)
"All I have heard is speculation and I believe that is all we will ever hear, sadly. sad.gif Rockstar refuses to explain who he was or what role he was supposed to play in the game. I have also read some speculation on many places saying that the missions he originally had were turned around and made into the rampages we have in the finished game."

http://puu.sh/3Mp3L.png

Well we can only speculate on what we think he was like and what his missions would have been like. Rockstar only dismisses the rumors and then confirms what we already knew (that he gave out missions) but they won't tell us what those missions were about at all or how they fit in to the story, which would be really interesting to know. That's what I meant when I said that.

Habbrow94
  • Habbrow94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 22:46)
QUOTE (Xegethra @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 21:40)

http://puu.sh/3Mp3L.png

Well we can only speculate on what we think he was like and what his missions would have been like. Rockstar only dismisses the rumors and then confirms what we already knew (that he gave out missions) but they won't tell us what those missions were about at all or how they fit in to the story, which would be really interesting to know. That's what I meant when I said that.

I agree with you, they haven't really told us anything other than they cut it out because it didn't fit with the story. Which would be interesting to know why.

To be honest the story to me didn't really fit well in the first place. When I first played the story, I didn't really understand what was going on until near the end, I really thought the game had alot to do with the Leone's, but then they kinda disappeared and the whole Island of Portland didn't really matter anymore either. Then after that, the game to me was just about doing random jobs for corrupt people and then eventually the revenge comes in. Not the other way around where your bent on revenge the whole time, it almost seems like the revenge didn't even matter, yet you do it anyways because Catalina keeps ruining your business with other corrupt people like Donald Love. I mean I blame it on her now, to the reasons why he left. It got way to dangerous with Catalina calling all the shots around the Colombians, so you have to kill her just to make things work for yourself.

Plus how can Darkel be so top secret for 11 years now. Doesnt make any sense, why is he so important for them to not tell us anything. Its almost like Rockstar Games wants our speculation just so they can make better games out of it. LOL suicidal.gif

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:25 PM Edited by Xegethra, 27 July 2013 - 01:57 PM.

Ahh well then in that case yeah I can see where you are coming from. More info would be nice....

QUOTE (Habbrow94 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 10:19)

Plus how can Darkel be so top secret for 11 years now. Doesnt make any sense, why is he so important for them to not tell us anything. Its almost like Rockstar Games wants our speculation just so they can make better games out of it. LOL suicidal.gif

I think they just want us to keep the mystery....cus it's been surrounding the game ever since it came around. But even so....knowing would be quite nice....we all have our ideas on what he is like and what he would have had us do...and unless any of us were on the dev team at the time we wouldn't really know. All we know is that Rockstar deemed him out of place among the rest of the game. But would he have worked, wouldn't he?...it all depends on what he was like. They say it was only 5 missions they cut out, 5 out of place missions wouldn't have bothered me much...but I guess it bothered Rockstar enough to get rid of him....and even then, it's all opinion if he really was out of place or not...some people would have loved to have had him in the form Rockstar cut out.

Also I made a mistake in the my earlier post about 8Ball...it seems he was arrested in September...the game is set the time it came out in October. Even so, 8Ball could have been arrested afterwards all the same....or fled from Claude like Donald did like suggested before. I dunno if 8Ball knew the bomb was meant for Claude or not or if Salvatore told him a lie about it being for someone else...because his services around the city are still open to Claude so maybe he didn't know.

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Can somebody explain whether there are any audio leftovers from beta missions in game files? Or what exactly is left in game files about those missions?

Habbrow94
  • Habbrow94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (Xegethra @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 13:25)

Ahh well then in that case yeah I can see where you are coming from. More info would be nice....

QUOTE (Habbrow94 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 10:19)

I think they just want us to keep the mystery....cus it's been surrounding the game ever since it came around. But even so....knowing would be quite nice....we all have our ideas on what he is like and what he would have had us do...and unless any of us were on the dev team at the time we wouldn't really know. All we know is that Rockstar deemed him out of place among the rest of the game. But would he have worked, wouldn't he?...it all depends on what he was like. They say it was only 5 missions they cut out, 5 out of place missions wouldn't have bothered me much...but I guess it bothered Rockstar enough to get rid of him....and even then, it's all opinion if he really was out of place or not...some people would have loved to have had him in the form Rockstar cut out.

Also I made a mistake in the my earlier post about 8Ball...it seems he was arrested in September...the game is set the time it came out in October. Even so, 8Ball could have been arrested afterwards all the same....or fled from Claude like Donald did like suggested before. I dunno if 8Ball knew the bomb was meant for Claude or not or if Salvatore told him a lie about it being for someone else...because his services around the city are still open to Claude so maybe he didn't know.

I think it would have been cool if there was a bonus mission or something that came with the ten year anniversary, to help clear some gaps in the game. They wouldn't have to worry about voice acting for Claude but sadly the voice actor Guru for 8Ball has passed on.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

What happened to Donald Love? He went to a small town in Washington State to drink black coffee and eat cherry pie, whilst investigating the death of a local teenager.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

A little late I know, but if I remember correctly, in the original cut of the game, Donald was supposed to have been killed when a plane crashed into his building, but then came the events of 9/11, and they decided to change the end to the series of Donalds' missions. I think this was stated during one of the Q&A sessions.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

I know it was asked, but they denied that.

According to Rockstar the events of 9/11 only changed a small part of the game considering the game came out so closely after it had happened, there would have been no time to make major changes...or at least make major changes and test them properly. All they changed were the police car colours, some dialogue and whatnot.

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister
  • Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Isnt there anyway of getting in touch with Darkel's voice actor Bill Flore? maybe he has a twitter account
and could tell us some of the diologe from the deleted missions ( if he remembers ) but yeah.. worth a try i guess?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users