Picture Quoting.

10 replies to this topic
ElPaisa
  • ElPaisa

GFX Artist

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

I was thinking this when i was in the V fan art thread, people seem to be quoting big images even if its a post above them, making the page hard to look at and stretchy! so i was thinking, if there could be a solution to this, say, if the image exceeds a certain size, and someone wants to quote it, as soon as they post their comments the picture turns into a link or something?

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

I don't think it's a possibility on this forum to be able to do that, unfortunately. I know it's frustrating, but all we can count on is people paying more attention when they are quoting things, or just report it if they don't and we can remove the IMG tags to try and reduce the stretching a little.
  • Tyler likes this

ElPaisa
  • ElPaisa

GFX Artist

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

I completely forgot about reporting posts, suicidal.gif but thanks anyways! cookie.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

Reporting large images is probably the simplest way to deal with them. Just keep in though that this is 2013 and most people are using large widescreen monitors. If you're one of the few still using 800x600 or some small resolution like that, don't report images expecting us to remove them so they don't stretch your ridiculously outdated screen.

ElPaisa
  • ElPaisa

GFX Artist

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

I understand Ryan, and my laptop is 1366 by 768 so, i have a pretty decent screen, which is why do get a little bit frustrated, but it wont be a big problem! Pun not intended

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:53 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 26 July 2013 - 12:53 PM.

QUOTE (ElMafias @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 14:30)
I understand Ryan, and my laptop is 1366 by 768 so, i have a pretty decent screen, which is why do get a little bit frustrated, but it wont be a big problem! Pun not intended

Try this is the Images are exceeding your Resolution Width, http://www.gtaforums...pic=555959&st=0

I am also working on/trying to make a script that will detect any [IMG] Tags inside of [QUOTE] Tags and then make them do just as you said. So your not the only person thinking of an idea like that.

---
Edit:

user posted image

Here is a quick v1.0 I had whipped up, this first version will scale the images down to a tiny size and when you hover over them they expand to full size, still it is not completely as desired, but everything is a W.I.P

Discussion Topic - Since someone has asked for something like this I might as well release it.

user posted image
You should have no trouble running this in any Browser that has a UserScripts addon, I have placed and linked below the UserScripts Addons for Browsers that I have successfully tested this Script in and will continue to hunt around the internet to find way to get this running on other browsers too. If you know of another way please do let me know of it.

~ Firefox -- Greasemonkey
~ Chrome -- Tampermonkey
~ Safari -- NinjaKit

user posted imageuser posted image

ElPaisa
  • ElPaisa

GFX Artist

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

Wow! this is a great tool man icon14.gif cookie.gif this is exactly what i was thinking about!

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (ElMafias @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 03:23)
Wow! this is a great tool man icon14.gif cookie.gif this is exactly what i was thinking about!

Thanks, No Problem.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:58 PM Edited by radioman, 27 July 2013 - 08:00 PM.

The odd thing about posting images is that sometimes they stretch the page and sometimes they don't..As on my laptop, which has a resolution of 1600X900, there are no page stretches on it(and that is a 17.3 inch display), and yet on my desktop, which is 1140X900(and a 19 inch monitor) has page stretches...So, why would it stretch the page on a larger monitor and yet not on a smaller screen? Is resolution that much different than the screen size? tounge2.gif

That's why when I post images with my laptop, I have to use my desktop(when possible) to check to make sure there are no page stretches(and if I find them on my images, I can fix them myself). A tip for everyone who posts images on here is that use more than one PC to check(get second opinion basically) to make sure you have not created any page stretches and if so, fix it yourself by resizing the image(s) OR use a link(what I started doing).

If you're one of the few still using 800x600

If anyone's resolution is that small, you either have a really really old PC OR you are on a Tablet/netbook/phone.. tounge2.gif lol.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 21:58)
As on my laptop, which has a resolution of 1600X900, there are no page stretches on it(and that is a 17.3 inch display), and yet on my desktop, which is 1140X900(and a 19 inch monitor) has page stretches...So, why would it stretch the page on a larger monitor and yet not on a smaller screen? Is resolution that much different than the screen size? tounge2.gif

Well, the monitor size has absolutely no impact on whether a page stretches due oversized images or not, the resolution is the only thing that really matters in this case. smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Jul 27 2013, 19:58)
The odd thing about posting images is that sometimes they stretch the page and sometimes they don't..As on my laptop, which has a resolution of 1600X900, there are no page stretches on it(and that is a 17.3 inch display), and yet on my desktop, which is 1140X900(and a 19 inch monitor) has page stretches...So, why would it stretch the page on a larger monitor and yet not on a smaller screen? Is resolution that much different than the screen size?  tounge2.gif

That's why when I post images with my laptop, I have to use my desktop(when possible) to check to make sure there are no page stretches(and if I find them on my images, I can fix them myself). A tip for everyone who posts images on here is that use more than one PC to check(get second opinion basically) to make sure you have not created any page stretches and if so, fix it yourself by resizing the image(s) OR use a link(what I started doing).

If you're one of the few still using 800x600

If anyone's resolution is that small, you either have a really really old PC OR you are on a Tablet/netbook/phone.. tounge2.gif lol.gif

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Jul 27 2013, 21:01)
Well, the monitor size has absolutely no impact on whether a page stretches due oversized images or not, the resolution is the only thing that really matters in this case. smile.gif

Well to both of you, that I why I have created both the 'GTAForums Image Widthener' which will shrink huge images to a smaller size to better fit your resolution, and now with the 'GTAForums Quote De-Imager' it will stop huge buildups of Images in Quotes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users