Photo

What modern day events do you want replicated in V

39 replies to this topic
TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

As the topic asks, what current event do you want to be included in GTA V? Both in the game, or on the radio, Rockstar has always found a way to incorporate modern events related to the era the game was set in. In San Andreas we had the famous LA riots, Vice City was the out of control drug use in Miami. So with out a doubt we will see some events unfold that are related to the news stories of the past few years.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

inb4 boston

Jimmyhetfield
  • Jimmyhetfield

Master

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

Edit - whoops didn't read that properly. No more beer.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

Funny enough I can't remember anything happening in LA that I read in the news and was really that important on a cultural level. There was that police guy who was chased for days and killed in the end. And then there are the usual celebrity antics.. but nothing as big as the coke craze or LA riots.

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

If you want to look you'd have to go through events that occurred from 2008 to maybe 2012 at the latest though radio stuff could be a bit more current. One big one that I'm sure will be in is a spoof of Obama getting elected and the right wing nuts of the "birther movement" and other idiots that came out of the wood work that followed, I'm sure they'll do more with illegal immigration too. Political satire is pretty standard fare for the radio. Then there's plenty of pop culture fads to rip on. Now, as for events in the game itself? I think they're going to be more focused on movie like heists and stuff that that this time around not so much applying major events of the last five years that took place in Southern California outside of just references.

Here's some potential things that could get touched on.

http://www.dof.ca.go...nology.htm#2008

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

They've hinted towards economic issues. I am looking forward to seeing white-collar crime play out in a GTA game. We've seen organ harvesting, smuggling, and jail breaks, but they've never touched on the crimes dealing with large businesses and massive amounts of funds moving around.

MovieGuy786
  • MovieGuy786

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

Gay rights supreme court decision, Dog shot by cop, Black kid shot by wetback, Obama's drone war fair, The occupy movement, Rolling Stone reporter assassinated, FX industry strike, and Chris Doner.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

I think that "bath salts" guy is some sh*t that could have been straight out of a GTA game.

kraftwerkd
  • kraftwerkd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

I assume there's going to be an all-dubstep station to replicate the huge dubstep craze that exploded, as GTA is usually pretty relevant to the current musical opinion, e.g. Vice City had lots of 80's cock-rock and heavy metal music, San Andreas had tons of 90's hip-hop ranging from gangster rap to, well, not gangster rap. If these past couple years have been any indication, it seems like dubstep has been super popular. I personally hate the sh*t so I would never listen to that station unless it was purely parody, but that's neither here nor there.

There may be some mention of wars going on, seeing as ever since Obama took office the US has just been getting into more and more sh*t. From the looks of it they already covered the recent market crash and bailout, and the effects of such on the general public, which really doesn't surprise me.

Other than that, it's all a mystery and I couldn't even begin to guess. I'm sure R* will surprise us.

PriestGoneWild
  • PriestGoneWild

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Volcano biggrin.gif

MesaGrande
  • MesaGrande

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

I'm gonna go push a black pedestrian dressed like a thug until he starts punching my character in the face. Then I'm gonna bust out my concealed pistol and let one slip right into his domepiece. Are there skittles and iced tea in the game?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

Anonymous, wikileaks, Arab Spring, Fracking, Great Recession... All those things could be part of the media.

LSSDLSPD
  • LSSDLSPD

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:14 AM Edited by LSSDLSPD, 26 July 2013 - 09:16 AM.

Dorner manhunt........
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

not sure about any certain events..but

weed legalization is recent-
gay rights-
reality tv
paparazzi

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Economic crisis, Issues with US government, terrorist attacks, anti-war protests (these are big in LA), legalized marijuana, first black president, democrats and republicans constantly fighting and getting no where, they could probably make a good joke out of that.

Edit: and Christopher Dorner

smokeysmokeonsmoke
  • smokeysmokeonsmoke

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

IV had immigration with V it seems like the economic situation will be a issue in the game.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Prince Harry's baby

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'm an old guy and rather proud of a lot of you for paying attention. Yea, the wars will probably be some parody issue, and Obama's Drone wars is parody rich. I have been a registered democrat since I was old enough to vote but not blind enough to see that Obama is an all around disaster. They won't name names but I am sure they'll throw something out there. I always got a hoot with Weasel News.

Economy and how the banks have just ripped us the hell off will probably be replicated. That I would want to see. They can rip into Bank America a little more. Maybe LS has a Bank Of Liberty branch.

Could be interesting. And I anticipate more of what will be on TV. In a real car I don't even care for a radio.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 26 July 2013 - 09:46 PM.

****RETRACTED****

Apologies to Mesa Grand. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

My eyes aren't working! lol.gif cookie.gif

staticguy
  • staticguy

Prankster

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (ArcherTheGreat @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 15:16)
Prince Harry's baby

in a future DLC, maybe! tounge2.gif

TheRedViper
  • TheRedViper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Dorner, he pretty much had a real-life 6 star wanted level.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (davetopper @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 15:18)
I'm an old guy and rather proud of a lot of you for paying attention. Yea, the wars will probably be some parody issue, and Obama's Drone wars is parody rich. I have been a registered democrat since I was old enough to vote but not blind enough to see that Obama is an all around disaster. They won't name names but I am sure they'll throw something out there. I always got a hoot with Weasel News.

Economy and how the banks have just ripped us the hell off will probably be replicated. That I would want to see. They can rip into Bank America a little more. Maybe LS has a Bank Of Liberty branch.

Could be interesting. And I anticipate more of what will be on TV. In a real car I don't even care for a radio.

I agree with all that you said here, I am the same way, I very rarely listen to radio, but in GTA I do usally just listen to the Talk channels, usuall some hilarious satire in them

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (TakinThyBacon @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 15:42)
QUOTE (davetopper @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 15:18)

I agree with all that you said here, I am the same way, I very rarely listen to radio, but in GTA I do usally just listen to the Talk channels, usuall some hilarious satire in them

True that is. If just tooling around I will probably listen to the radio. I especially like hearing news about something I just did.

Enchilada
  • Enchilada

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

La fashion district/ the allies/los callejones

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 11:34)
QUOTE (MesaGrande @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 03:46)
I'm gonna go push a black pedestrian dressed like a thug until he starts punching my character in the face. Then I'm gonna bust out my concealed pistol and let one slip right into his domepiece. Are there skittles and iced tea in the game?

You obviously didn't see the evidence against Trayvon, did you? LOL Because it's totally opposite from your post. You do know how 'evidence' works, right?

Anyways, legalizing marijuana should be focused on. Illegal immigration should also be focused on as well. Those are two major issues in Cali. That, and the state is bankrupt because everybody's on welfare and disability checks and there's no more money. The economy is bad. There should be an Arnold Shwartznegger(sp?) mayor somewhere saying: "I'll be Barrack".

Was going to mention that, it'd be Jack Howitzer but I dunno, if they follow with Arnold then Jack would be out of office now though they don't have to follow it that closely.

KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

Chin up, Cheer up. Chin up.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (evoluon--720 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 09:18)
not sure about any certain events..but

weed legalization is recent-
gay rights-
reality tv
paparazzi

Weed is not legal in California, medically yes, but that's been in effect for almost a decade.

KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

Chin up, Cheer up. Chin up.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

I hope there is a real depiction of the latino gang wars going on in East LA, most of these have ties to the Mexican cartel. That would be great!

MesaGrande
  • MesaGrande

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 15:34)

You obviously didn't see the evidence against Trayvon, did you? LOL Because it's totally opposite from your post. You do know how 'evidence' works, right?

Anyways, legalizing marijuana should be focused on. Illegal immigration should also be focused on as well. Those are two major issues in Cali. That, and the state is bankrupt because everybody's on welfare and disability checks and there's no more money. The economy is bad. There should be an Arnold Shwartznegger(sp?) mayor somewhere saying: "I'll be Barrack".

f*ck that kid he did get what he deserved. Maybe my post wasn't taken the way I meant it. In gta you've gotta push and run into ppl to get them to attack you, that's what I meant. And yes I'm familiar with the term 'evidence'. I would've done the same thing as Zimmerman.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Trayvon Martin verdict(LA riots)

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 26 July 2013 - 09:52 PM.

QUOTE (MesaGrande @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 16:03)
QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 15:34)

f*ck that kid he did get what he deserved. Maybe my post wasn't taken the way I meant it. In gta you've gotta push and run into ppl to get them to attack you, that's what I meant. And yes I'm familiar with the term 'evidence'. I would've done the same thing as Zimmerman.

I retracted my post. Go back and look. My apologies. I misread your post. I don't usually jump the gun like that. Again, apologies. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

OnTopic:
I don't know if wild fires could be done this gen or not. I doubt it, but would be cool to see that, and all the other natural disasters that happen there. There should be at least little tremors every so often.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users