Photo

Just a theory

8 replies to this topic
Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

Okey after the immume npc that u get from firetruck mission, i thought vehicles maybe proofed too. So i try store the burning car into my grove street garage but im 2 slow like need 5 more seconds. If u keep atcivate the mission always 1 car spawned very close to alley thats between u and ryder house. Now u get 54 seconds to push the car in. Problem is i dont know if it saves the proofings ( if there any ), i hitted car and roller upsidedown but seems like immume to that infact i think its just like the peds that its evrything proof except the damage CJ makes ( like shooting at car ). Maybe easier way, if care explodes push it in garage ( mission failed ) but i dont know whats better, repair it on mission or repair it when car already exploded. I tried push wreck but seems to vanish pretty fast. Some1 think this might work or u like firetruck mission or u very good driver ( 54 seconds to push ) then please give it a try.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Aintgottime2bleed @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 13:36)
Okey after the immume npc that u get from firetruck mission, i thought vehicles maybe proofed too. [...]
"NPC" means NON-Player Controlled Character. Carl Johnson IS a Player Controlled character.

Please, don't cheat on words, like "u" = you.

Vehicles in the Firefighting mission are 'normal'.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by Aintgottime2bleed, 25 July 2013 - 03:11 PM.

Huh, i get it wrong or you saying you control the pedestrians that get out burning vehicle?, i called the pedestrians that get out burning vehicle npc. I believe u on that but i flipped burning car upside down and no smoke etc. maybe cuz to short of time but since the npc ( not cj ) are fully immume ( not damage dealt by cj ) i think the vehicles too. U checked the proofs ? why it took long before people knew all npc fully immume if 8years ago, they could just see it in the files and maybe they only proofed on mission. Whats point of make npc immume cuz else maybe get killed by something u cant do anything about ( not fair ) but the vehicles are not proofed ( thats your problem ). Im not sure about this but are theses vehicles like not proofed in data/files cuz cj can still damage it? thats no problem cuz these cars still handy to survive from cops and gangs. Last but all u say the cars are normal, whats the flame on the burning car then? it seems like it fireproof atleast. Im not saying u lie but i think these cars arent normal ( when on the mission ).

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:38 PM Edited by fnxrak, 25 July 2013 - 03:41 PM.

Again it's all about the the flags that are given to the vehicle, as this vehicle play a part of the mission you are in, it won't vanish or be destroyed unless you fail the mission by failing the timer or by exiting the firetruck.
You can actually get fireproof vehicles on this mission but only on level 1 or 2 (don't know why), but by this method:
Get the vehicle you want, again on levels 1 or 2 and put out the fire and rescue any pedestrian that is on fire making you to pass level at that point with the vehicle in-sight just exit the firetruck you will fail the mission and probably will hear a explosion that is the next vehicle you were supposed to save, just enter the vehicle you choose to save and take it to a garage, "et voilá" an FP vehicle. Here I have a video on it get FP patriot.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Ok so you get the car u just sprayed water on ( that 1 is FP now right ), the thing is how do these flags work?. At the mission i told on other topic u can obtain evrything proof maverick, it wont be proofed when failed the mission so how are they flagged? I think firetruck mission same as storyline mission so the car is evrything proofed untill completed or failed mission. Other thing i dont know is are vehicles flagged only by cj causing damage cuz prolly cj can damage it ( just like the npc ) but other cant. That way there not flagged but still kinda proof since you/cj prolly dont shoot at that vehicle only cops and gangs but its proofed against them.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Ok mostly the proofs that I'm talking about are the ones that the programers gave to certain vehicles at certain points of the some missions, for example "Gray imports" gives you the chance to make any vehicle explosion and fireproof essencially because of the guy in the forklift with the exploding barrels on it so that you can go through the warehouse grounds in the vehicle and not get blowned up by it. But there are also times that instead of making the vehicle proof at a certain point the programers gave it extra health sort of speaking so that the vehiclkes take more damage than usual.
Now the thing about the proofs is that most times when you fail the mission these proofs are automatically taken away unless that the program thinks that the vehicle is destroyed so it won't affet it most of the times. And you can destroy these vehicles in 3 ways, make them flip over, ditching them on deep enough water or with the awesome parachute glitch that lets you destroy full imunne vehicles.
The problem here is not that you can't use some special abilities of some vehicles like "Ryan's picador" extra protection from bullets or the heavy vehicle condition for the Rumpo in "Outrider", the question is how to keep these special abilities. So far we are only capable of keeping and saving the ones that have these "flags" applied, and by flags I mean the special coding used to make the vehicles not less damageable but immune to certain damages.
For example when you are dating Michelle and she wants to drive your car, the car is apparently immune to damage as she is not an excelent driver and some time just keeps hitting other cars, but in fact it's just a coding that tells the game that the vehicle if i has damage at that point instead of lowering the health keeps a "loop" on the health propertie of the vehicle and that it's not possible to store because its designed to work only on certain occasions.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Ah if u all can see that then i guess im wrong, i know some are extra health etc. but never knew u could see when what vehicle is proofed. Then prolly evry proofed vehicle is found. I dont know neither how to keep the other abilities like u said. Thanks for info.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

You can see some too if you use some trainers like "GTA SA center" or some save editors, but in this last you have to save the car in a garage.
But of course to really know if a vehicles has or not these "flags" attached you have to look in the script files and at least know a little bit of programing to understand what it means. That's why I said the other times that is most likely that all unique proofed vehicles have been identified, mostly by OrionSR because he searched the scripts for these codes.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

I recon my "Invincible homeboys" topic ( http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=561325 ) inspired your "theory". Assuming I understand you correctly, you're comparing apples & oranges, figuratively speaking. The flags for mission NPCs & mission vehicles are different, at least on PS2 anyway. You play on PS3 (if I remember correctly) and I don't know if there are any PS3 coders here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users