Question about helping with missions

5 replies to this topic
nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

Hi,

I was wondering can I help out with missions for the non-Steam pc version even those I only have the Steam version? If not what are the differences in the versions as to why I can't?

Thanks,

Nightwalker

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

Unfortunately, the Steam versions ARE NOT compatible with the Retail(CD) versions, so the CD version saves will not work on Steam games and Steam saves will not work on the CD version. I have both versions and have confirmed this.

VC is the ONLY GTA that has this problem, as the Steam version saves for III, SA, IV, and EFLC ARE compatible with the CD versions. Why VC was changed so much in this regard is beyond me?

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 19:26)
Unfortunately, the Steam versions ARE NOT compatible with the Retail(CD) versions, so the CD version saves will not work on Steam games and Steam saves will not work on the CD version.

Bummer! sad.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

There are also 3 different ps2 versions (ps2 disk) that are not compatible with each other.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 16:15)
There are also 3 different ps2 versions (ps2 disk) that are not compatible with each other.

Hey Spuds, Are the PSN version saves for PS3 compatible with the Greatest Hits and Trilogy Pack versions of the PS2 game? I was wondering if they were and if there was a way to get the PS2 saves from the PS2 Memory card onto the PS3 Hard Drive?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 17:18)
QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 16:15)
There are also 3 different ps2 versions (ps2 disk)  that are not compatible with each other.

Hey Spuds, Are the PSN version saves for PS3 compatible with the Greatest Hits and Trilogy Pack versions of the PS2 game? I was wondering if they were and if there was a way to get the PS2 saves from the PS2 Memory card onto the PS3 Hard Drive?

I don't know--

Since there are 3 different PS2 version-- it is likely only one of the 3 would even have a chance of being compatible.

I have a backwards compatible PS3 that died about a month ago (RLOD)-- I decided to buy a new one rather then get it repaired-- I may attempt to repair myself one of these days....

Regarding getting the PS2 saves on the PS3-- I'm not sure where they would be saved--my new PS3 shows the PS2 data utility still on the menu so not sure if it would go there or not.... getting it on my old PS3 was easy... had to buy PS2 memory card reader....

I bought one in 2008 for less then $10 on ebay--- still have it-- this one is $24-- http://www.amazon.co...ory card reader

Just plug in and copy the entire card to a "virtual" card on the PS3-- I had 5 of these on my old PS3.

If I ever purchase VC on PSN-- I will try but I am not optimistic about my saves working since my PS2 version is the earliest of the 3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users