Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you want to go to "Space"?

47 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want ability to go to Space in GTA? (173 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want ability to go to Space in GTA?

1. Yes! (45 votes [27.95%])

Percentage of vote: 27.95%

2. No (49 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

3. That's a bad idea. (67 votes [41.61%])

Percentage of vote: 41.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote
RMN
  • RMN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

I think nobody has thought of it except me so I want to know what people will choose. I will be happy if I can ride a Space Shuttle and go to moon. Yeahhh!!! That will be awesome!

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

Simply put. NO! Do you want GTA to turn into what saints row has become?

Space... suicidal.gif

GTA isn't Star Trek, Star Wars... it doesn't belong in space at all.

RMN
  • RMN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (InsaneKane87 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 11:48)

Space... suicidal.gif

I have never played Saints Row and know nothing about it.

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

It sounds cool but it wouldn't make sense in a GTA game.

BurningSnow
  • BurningSnow

Rat

• Members

Maybe when we get to GTA2579 we'll be able to explore all known space and even the afterlife! I can't wait!

RMN
  • RMN

Snitch

• Members

But still it's something real life and going to space happens in real life. Can't we have missions there *eyebrow raised*.

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (RMN @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 06:20)

Space...  suicidal.gif

Your question made me think you did after what SR4 looks like. Either way I still think it be a bad idea. I don't see how it would work at all.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

nar im good i got Kerbals to kill in space . thanks. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

"We still know less about the bottom of the ocean than we do about the surface of the moon." - Ron Cobb, concept artist on Alien/s & Star Wars.

Make of that what you will.

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

I wouldn't mind it if you would be able to buy a flight to space like $500,000 and it would be a 5 min ride but you don't control the spacecraft

RMN
  • RMN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (InsaneKane87 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 11:54)

Space...  suicidal.gif

Your question made me think you did after what SR4 looks like. Either way I still think it be a bad idea. I don't see how it would work at all.

Like NASA can give us some space missions. To repair some satellite for them or we can get training to become Astronaut and go to moon. I just want to go there even if I have nothing to do with space like there were many places in GTA SA totally abandoned but still they are there. Because I have experienced so much in playing GTA sa which I can't in real life so just thought of that idea. I want to experience how it's like to go to space.

XxxWestSideXxx
  • XxxWestSideXxx

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

rob and kill aliens and sh*t but nah it would be a bad idea.. icon13.gif

Allular
  • Allular

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

No but I can't wait till open world games reach the level where you can actually go to different planets, and not in the sh*tty Mass Effect way.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

this idea pops up not very much ( and gets cursed at usually lol ) every time speculation about the next GTA location is a hot topic. your'e not the first i've seen it on this forum, but certainly a rare breed of GTA weirdo.

i can't say i wouldn't have some fun in GTA: Moonbase Alpha. maybe in 2050 it will be an obvious thing to do for GTA XIIX, but atm it sounds more to me like a mod or DLC than any kind of major release, and at that, one that will get panned by critics and fans for cheese.

what we need first is the real thing, then let GTA parody it. somebody build us a space elevator plz!!

Dr Zoidburg
  • Dr Zoidburg

woop woop woop!

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

Only if we get to see a white orb floating around screaming "We're in SPAAAAACCCCCCEEEEE!!!!"

tounge.gif

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

*LHDC* LongHairDontCare

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

Lol no, save that for SR.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:48 AM Edited by Mr. Darko, 25 July 2013 - 06:54 AM.

QUOTE (RMN @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 06:36)
Like NASA can give us some space missions. To repair some satellite for them or we can get training to become Astronaut and go to moon.

Why would NASA hire a criminal to fix a satellite for them when they weren't an astronaut to begin with?

Insane Kane
  • Insane Kane

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 06:45)
Lol no, save that for SR.

Exactly my point. icon14.gif icon14.gif

shifty66
  • shifty66

[TCKC] Capo

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (RMN @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 06:36)
QUOTE (InsaneKane87 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 11:54)

Space...  suicidal.gif

Like NASA can give us some space missions. To repair some satellite for them or we can get training to become Astronaut and go to moon. I just want to go there even if I have nothing to do with space like there were many places in GTA SA totally abandoned but still they are there. Because I have experienced so much in playing GTA sa which I can't in real life so just thought of that idea. I want to experience how it's like to go to space.

what...the...f*ck.

Dude im not one to flame people or anything,but seriously? This is grand theft auto man. That is just....im speechless.

Nasa...what.... facedesk.gif

SoBurr
  • SoBurr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

Honestly, not really. I think there will be PLENTY enough to do. As mentioned before by other users, It would feel like more of a Saints Row game. (Understanding you've never played it)

But for those who have, they would know the feeling. I also hope they don't go "Zombifying" everything in a DLC. Don't get me wrong, I do like some zombie games, but I would lose a lot of interest in the game if that were to happen.

flyus747
  • flyus747

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (InsaneKane87 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 16:18)

Space... suicidal.gif

Yep, you're spot on right there. GTA with space is pretty much what sr4 is looking to become

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

Space...  suicidal.gif

I think it's perfect for you icon14.gif

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

The reason why we'll never go to the moon in a GTA game, even when the hardware allows developers to do things like that in real-time, is because there's no logical, believable reason why we would. The only people who have ever been in space have been astronauts, or were super rich people who could get the bare minimum training that would make it ethical for them to be put in the space station or something. And being an astronaut requires years of training towards that goal, and the vast majority of people who try cannot do it, because being an astronaut requires pretty much being a perfect human being in every way (of course, a couple crazies has slipped through the cracks).

GTA, even at its craziest, remains too grounded to simply swipe that all away so we can go to the moon just for the lulz. Despite the focus on open world gameplay and freedom, GTA is a crime simulator at its core. That premise has its limits.

BurningSnow
  • BurningSnow

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 06:55)
The reason why we'll never go to the moon in a GTA game, even when the hardware allows developers to do things like that in real-time, is because there's no logical, believable reason why we would. The only people who have ever been in space have been astronauts, or were super rich people who could get the bare minimum training that would make it ethical for them to be put in the space station or something. And being an astronaut requires years of training towards that goal, and the vast majority of people who try cannot do it, because being an astronaut requires pretty much being a perfect human being in every way (of course, a couple crazies has slipped through the cracks).

GTA, even at its craziest, remains too grounded to simply swipe that all away so we can go to the moon just for the lulz. Despite the focus on open world gameplay and freedom, GTA is a crime simulator at its core. That premise has its limits.

This. Everyone read this! Now! Especially u OP ph34r.gif

RMN
  • RMN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (shifty66 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 12:23)
Dude im not one to flame people or anything,but seriously? This is grand theft auto man. That is just....im speechless.

Thanks shifty66. Now I understood the fact. This is GRAND THEFT AUTO. A Space there will really be a bad idea.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

RMN
  • RMN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 12:25)

yeah. Thanks for the clarity.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:26 AM Edited by meson1, 25 July 2013 - 07:30 AM.

GTA is a crime drama. It's all about being a criminal, doing crimes and examining amoral themes within the background of contemporary society and culture.

Going to space turns the game into something else. It stops being about crime. Besides, what crimes could you possibly do in space? There's barely anyone or anything there anyway. Who's going to care if you steal a moon rock, for instance?

Furthermore, GTA parodies and satirizes American culture. Part of what makes that work is that the audience is familiar with American culture in the first place. That's one of the reasons that it's best that GTA stays in the U.S. rather than going elsewhere. The only way to parody and satirize going to space is to reference sci-fi pop culture rather heavily. Once more, this takes GTA too far away from being a crime drama.

So not only should GTA remain planetbound, it should remain in the U.S. in the present day or near past (no earlier than the '60s).

InfiniteTias
  • InfiniteTias

Trick

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Go play Saints Row if you want this kind of sh*t... suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

No space for me.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Some of the topics lately. It is like some people are putting special greens in their taco's. Maybe ad some shrooms for texture.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users