Photo

how do people make their own mods for GTA Vice Cit

2 replies to this topic
WATER DRAGON
  • WATER DRAGON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

Do they use modding tools? If so are there any good modding tools i can use to get in to 3D modeling and textures. I thought i'd try practicing with a game like Grand Theft Auto Vice City or even GTA3. I want to start making my own 3D models and textures.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

To create models you need a modelling program like 3dsMax or Zmodeller. For the textures, use TXD Workshop to export a texture, and edit it in a photo editor like Photoshop, Photoscape or even Paint tounge.gif . Back to the models, it's pretty hard to create a new model, best would be to start off editing a model icon14.gif . I hope that I could help.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

If you really want to start from scratch modelling, Google Sketchup is a very low-level easy-to-use introductory program. With some effort you can also wrangle your models into GTA if you so desire. It'll teach you quite a bit about being efficient with your polygons and such. Then you can graduate to Zmodeler, 3ds Max, or even Blender.

By the by, there's no real difference between 3 and VC in terms of effort when it comes to making cars. VC and SA is another story.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users