» «
Photo

GTA3 Xbox mod problems

No replies to this topic
Mr.ClaudeFan
  • Mr.ClaudeFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by Mr.ClaudeFan, 29 July 2013 - 07:20 PM.

Ok, I need your help with this. So I have a retail copy of GTA3 and I have a HP Pavilion p7-1446s PC which runs Windows 8. I think that should be a bad sign right there. So one day after I got it working, I decided to install the Xbox Mod by rmws. It worked after a while, but update 2 caused the desktop to glitch out, so I un-installed the game. When I re-installed and ran it, I loaded up my save game and that's where things screwed up. For some reason, there were white textures all over the place, Claude's player model was the xbox dff but with the PC skin, all the cars were the Xbox models with PC textures, and peds had their normal textures but with white xbox hands, and the menus were normal. I tried running gta3.exe as admin and that got the all the normal textures and models back, and the white textures were gone. I tried deleting txd.img and txd.dir, deleting gta3.set blah blah blah, but the same problems occurred. Is there anyway I can get the PC textures without running as admin?
EDIT: Fixed. Apparently installing the game in the Program Files folder instead of x86 gets it back to normal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users