Quantcast

» «
Photo

Taxi Missions

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like them to return? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like them to return?

1. yes (61 votes [79.22%])

Percentage of vote: 79.22%

2. no (6 votes [7.79%])

Percentage of vote: 7.79%

3. what are taxi missions? (2 votes [2.60%])

Percentage of vote: 2.60%

4. roman annoyed me to no end (1 votes [1.30%])

Percentage of vote: 1.30%

5. 83 days (7 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote
voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

in older GTA's, when you jacked a taxi, you could activate a taxi mission wherein you had to pick up a fare and give them a ride across town in return for a few dollars. this wasn't in IV - presumably because Roman had a cab business so you would have been 'working for the enemy' if you were taking passengers in a yellow cab.

i miss it, personally - at the beginning of the game i thought it was a great way to learn my way around the city, since the taxi missions would wind up taking you to many landmarks. also it was a good "always available" way to make some cash relatively easily without the risk of police interest you get by murdering peds for cash.

i searched but didn't see anything about it - it's not always easy to find what you are looking for with search tho so if it's been discussed please post link for me smile.gif

Kakka Carrot Cake
  • Kakka Carrot Cake

You am no real super sand

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Kinda cool would be to have it but it got boring as hell in about 24 seconds

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Yes, why not. I think it is a good way for earning some extra money and learning my way through the city.

zombrex2311
  • zombrex2311

Derp a Herp

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

I had fun doing those missions in San Andreas.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

I thought all those side missions pre GTA4 were quality. They got progressively harder and you'd unlock something decent if you could pull it off. I remember the ambulance one being particularly difficult

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

I preferred GTA IV's take on it: Take me to XXX. That's it. No time limit, nothing. I never enjoyed taxi missions in VC/III/SA because I'd smash into things and just didn't like the rush. Sure you can speed, but I'd prefer to do it at my pace.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

The fact that they removed the R3 side missions like Ambulance and Taxi was my biggest gripe with GTA IV, I was so excited to try them with the new engine and driving physics. confused.gif

Do I want them back, absolutely.

Skozza89
  • Skozza89

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

At least if there is none hitchikers have been confirmed, So thats kinda like it i suppose tounge.gif Except you could drop them off anywhere, mwuhaha

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

wow that poll sucks... are you a monkey? voted yes anyway

Mega_Byte
  • Mega_Byte

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:23 PM Edited by Mega_Byte, 24 July 2013 - 02:28 PM.

QUOTE (voyager @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 10:06)
in older GTA's, when you jacked a taxi, you could activate a taxi mission wherein you had to pick up a fare and give them a ride across town in return for a few dollars. this wasn't in IV - presumably because Roman had a cab business so you would have been 'working for the enemy' if you were taking passengers in a yellow cab.

i miss it, personally - at the beginning of the game i thought it was a great way to learn my way around the city, since the taxi missions would wind up taking you to many landmarks. also it was a good "always available" way to make some cash relatively easily without the risk of police interest you get by murdering peds for cash.

i searched but didn't see anything about it - it's not always easy to find what you are looking for with search tho so if it's been discussed please post link for me smile.gif

YES. TAXI MISSIONS ARE CRITICAL

Unlimited Taxi Missions are very important for all GTA games. Especially for GTA V where the map is peerlessly humongous.

I whined up & down about the bad, scripted, and shortened "taxi" missions from IV. I was beside myself to realize that they had a city like NY (the city of cabs), but didn't allow us to drive taxis. It was a major drag on the game. It - along with the slow player movements - prevented the kind of exploration I'm used to in GTA games. And it's so easy to program. I couldn't believe they removed it. So, it is really important to me that they bring back unlimited taxi missions.

Reasons for Unlimited Taxi Missions
1. Learn the Map
2. It's fun
3. Earn Money
4. It's Rewarding
5. It adds many hours of gameplay
6. Provides structure for game

Hopes:
1. They will be limitless; and accessible with any cab
2. Some taxi fares will lead out into the countryside as well
3. They will be Limitless
4. Money earned will be less dramatic (most fares were well over $60; let's reduce that to around $30, R*)

BRING BACK UNLIMITED TAXI-CAB MISSIONS

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

I thought they were kinda boring, except for VCS' ones, those were more interesting as there was some variation besides just taking someone somewhere, sometimes you had to follow a vehicle, and other times you would be an unwitting accomplice on a robbery and have to escape the cops after your fare robs a store, if they were like that I wouldn't mind, also, they should have a nice reward, in some GTAs you would get a custom taxi spawning somewhere, and in some others we would get a boost jump on all taxis which was pretty fun, maybe this time we could get a custom taxi which has the boost jump and is the only taxi with it.

jordanator88
  • jordanator88

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

I liked the way they were in 4 compared to other games.

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Yeh i miss them, it's a good way to explore and gives you motive to experience the city

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

I hated it when the depot burned down and missions were disabled. Used a mod later for them.

Hungry_Homer111
  • Hungry_Homer111

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 14:16)
I preferred GTA IV's take on it: Take me to XXX. That's it. No time limit, nothing. I never enjoyed taxi missions in VC/III/SA because I'd smash into things and just didn't like the rush. Sure you can speed, but I'd prefer to do it at my pace.

I'm the exact opposite. I loved the taxi missions in the PS2-era GTAs, but hated the slower version of it from GTA4. Those were so boring to me, that I barely wanted to do them at all.

So, I would like to see the taxi missions come back, but only if they were more like the PS2-era games. If they would be more like the GTA4 taxi missions, I'd say screw them. Focus on having other, more fun side-activities in the game.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

I love them! inlove.gif

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 18:08)
I love them! inlove.gif

same here

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

I hope (and Im sure will be) other ways to earn a clean buck. Like Trevor doing bounty hunts, Franklin doing repos and Michael... body guard for celebs maybe?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users