19 replies to this topic
Antagonista
  • Antagonista

Back In Business

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Hey there

Someone I know is trying to get people to sign his petition. It's to bring back the original Xbox Live. They need 250k signatures but I was hoping you guys could help out a bit. I'll keep the topic updated on what happens. Honestly, I think this could work out but it depends on who is willing to help. If a good majority of the people in this community would sign then I think they would at least think about bringing this back.

NOTE: I welcome all opinions good and bad, however, bashing the efforts i and many who are supporting this without reason i don't welcome.

Please support the movement to bring back Original Xbox Live

4 days ago i went thru the lengthy process of getting an answer from Microsoft, and after chatting with a customer support agent for almost an hour, i was redirected to a private chat session with a Microsoft executive. after telling the Microsoft executive person about the petition and the whole goal, the response was this:

"If enough support can be shown, the matter can be taken under further consideration by Microsoft."

ive spent money to get the word out with adds on google and posted this everywhere, now i ask anyone who supports this to also spread the word.

http://www.ipetition...ox-live-service

xrCore
  • xrCore

'MURICA

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

This is why I will not be buying an Xbox One. Since they stopped supporting the OG Xbox after nearly 12 years, who is to say they won't do that to the 360 or the X1? If they take 360's Live off in the next 3-5 years I will be very disappointed. I still like to play Halo 3 nearly 6 years later.

So why support X1 and Halo 5 when they could possibly end the new Xbox Live in 2026? I will only be 34. I can still play the original Halo and Counter Strike after 12 years, so I am going to support PC forever.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Precinct
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'll sign it smile.gif

Antagonista
  • Antagonista

Back In Business

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Thank You!

I also agree, if this happens with future consoles I will be surely disappointed...

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

They need to drop the servers eventually, they can't keep them up forever. When were they planning on shutting them down?

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

I signed it. Please bring it back, Microsoft! I still love playing original Xbox games, and it'd be spectacular to be able to play them online now once again.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

I'm not sure how all this works but wouldn't the original Xbox games severs be shut down. I remember time splitters online but it got shut down.

Antagonista
  • Antagonista

Back In Business

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Thank you all smile.gif

I'll be asking him if there's an update on the situation. I'll keep you guys in the loop!

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

I didn't really think people were too much into OG XB anymore.

I'll sometimes have a hard time finding people on current gen multiplayer games, let alone couldn't imagine trying to connect to someone on last gen hardware.

Antagonista
  • Antagonista

Back In Business

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by Antagonista, 25 July 2013 - 01:13 AM.

Small Update:

He has support from APACHE N4SIR. APACHE N4SIR was the last Halo 2 player.

Article about Apache.

http://news.cnet.com...0004670-52.html

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Can somebody tell me what all this is about? Are they getting rid of the current xbox live or something?

Antagonista
  • Antagonista

Back In Business

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 02:13)
Can somebody tell me what all this is about? Are they getting rid of the current xbox live or something?

No,

We're talking about the Xbox Live service for the first Xbox console. The one from back in 2001. The Xbox Live service for the first Xbox was discontinued in April of 2010. This is a petition to bring back the ability to have Xbox Live for that console. This has nothing to do with the Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 07:19)

No,

We're talking about the Xbox Live service for the first Xbox console. The one from back in 2001. The Xbox Live service for the first Xbox was discontinued in April of 2010. This is a petition to bring back the ability to have Xbox Live for that console. This has nothing to do with the Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

Oh okay. Thanks smile.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

Costs them too much money to run servers that not a large majority of people are currently active in. The best you can do is play some original Xbox games on your 360 (the ones that are still operational at that) and that's offline. This isn't going to happen.. especially with next-gen around the corner. It's basically like asking Nintendo to make N64 games again.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who still enjoys playing on the original Xbox to this day. I just recently purchased Forza for it.

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

4 days ago i went thru the lengthy process of getting an answer from Microsoft, and after chatting with a customer support agent for almost an hour, i was redirected to a private chat session with a Microsoft executive. after telling the Microsoft executive person about the petition and the whole goal, the response was this:

"If enough support can be shown, the matter can be taken under further consideration by Microsoft."

I have to call bullsh*t on the fact that someone rang up Microsoft support and after an hours discussion the next step was to escalate it to an executive. GunWrath has summed up my feelings towards this topic in his post, it just isn't a smart business move to bring the old XBOX Live servers with next gen just around the corner.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 18:19)

No,

Oh what? Who the f*ck still plays that sh*t? Haha right.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

Ok. Say you get 250k signatures. Then what? What's the next step? Show it to Microsoft and say "Hey, this many people want it back, figure it out."? Yeah, that's not going to work. Are those 250k going to continue paying the Xbox Live? Then it MIGHT be worth it. Or if all those people sign a deal that they will continue paying Xbox Live for however long Microsoft maintains the service, on the caveat that should any of them miss a payment, Microsoft will immediately take the servers down for good. Then it might be worth it in MS's eyes.

Seriously, consider the business side. It's a console that's over 10 years old. It wasn't even a hit console like the PS2 was (which is the reason some companies like EA still release games for PS2, but not Xbox). Why the hell should they keep it alive? Noone even plays those games online anymore, hell, people don't play online games released last year. Why should they keep dying servers up for the whims of a small pool of players?

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

Yes I'll sign it. I still have my Xbox. Hope this works out so I can finally take it out after all these years.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

This is gonna sound cold but i highly doubt that even if you get a million signatures that MS would restore Live on OG Xbox.

From what it sounds like they plan on keeping XBL active much longer on 360 than they did on OG Xbox.

In the end its not gonna come back not with a whole new console coming out in four months.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users