Thread Views should be replaced with Ratings

3 replies to this topic
Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Would be a nice replacement if the forum could just replace the number of views with ratings.

Ratings would be made out of 5 stars. Each time you enter a thread You could have the option on the top left/right side to rate the specific thread. Views, I think are not so useful and if removed, will not cause any major loss.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

We had topic ratings before but they were abused to death and had to be removed.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Hameer @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 19:23)
Would be a nice replacement if the forum could just replace the number of views with ratings.

Ratings would be made out of 5 stars. Each time you enter a thread You could have the option on the top left/right side to rate the specific thread. Views, I think are not so useful and if removed, will not cause any major loss.

I think that is a more useful knowing the views than what other people rate the topics, Now In the Tutorial Section, I think perhaps a usefulness rating would be good, Good Tutorials could get a Thumbs Up, Poor ones get a Thumbs Down.

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ratings pretty much never work anywhere on the Internet. As soon as you have a rating system people either hand out the lowest rating or the highest rating possible and never in between. More often than not it is the lowest rating and just a different way of dubbing someone a troll for no other reason than not liking a certain topic even if it is very thought out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users