» «
Photo

Napoleon

3 replies to this topic
Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:46 AM Edited by Indi, 24 July 2013 - 05:50 AM.

user posted image

Looks like this is gonna go ahead, Kubrick first started this project in 1969 but MGM dropped it due to the box office bomb that was Waterloo.

It's not going to be a movie, though; it's going to be a mini-TV series produced and directed by Steven Spielberg. Spielberg also handled another unrealized project by Stanley Kubrick which was: A.I. - Artificial Intelligence.

http://www.guardian....ubrick-napoleon

There is literally a behemoth of a book that covers Stanley's extensive work ethic in developing this film that would have been extraordinary:
http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/3836523353

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:42 AM Edited by rudy., 25 July 2013 - 11:49 AM.

I have my doubts for this. Imo Spielberg it too f*ckin' far from beating Kubrick's movie making skills. This could either be awesome or really sh*t. I hope for awesome; I love Napoleonic Wars, they are f*ckin' awesome. This could be a nice way to restore the badass historical (Gasp- military) reputation France deserves and secretly wants to be recognized for again.

If it's anything like Lincoln I'll check it out fo sure.

Archangelsky
  • Archangelsky

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

I like the Napoleon era so I will probably watch this, and while it might be a really good series I will not be able to escape the thought of how much better it would be if it would be Kubrick's own work.

Kubrick is one of my favorite directors, a narrow list that does not include Spielberg to put it like that, so basically I got mixed emotions on this.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

I would like this to be succesfull.Remember watching ecranisation of War and Peace in a grand scale so it would be cool to see some epic battle scenes from that period.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users