Quantcast

» «
Photo

Duel wielding in GTA 5?

30 replies to this topic

Poll: Should duel wielding be a weapon customization? (140 member(s) have cast votes)

Should duel wielding be a weapon customization?

1. Yes (90 votes [67.16%])

Percentage of vote: 67.16%

2. No (44 votes [32.84%])

Percentage of vote: 32.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Senor_taco28
  • Senor_taco28

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Do you want to be able to duel wield pistols and SMG's in GTA 5? I think it would be interesting to duel wield full auto pistols (since that looks like a gun type, or customization)

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

I forget all about this. It was awesome in san Andreas. dual sawed offs

Go Krazyyyy
  • Go Krazyyyy

Ex Military

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

YES. I miss that and I love it in max Payne.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

I really don't care. I'm not a fan of this feature but I hope it's in the game for those who want it smile.gif if it's not I won't mind.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

That sounds really nice as a customization element, but as our shooting skill increases? No.

It kind of sucked how we were forced to use it in San Andreas when our shooting skill was all the way at 100.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

It would be awesome as a feature like Max Payne 3 actually. But most of the time I usually just like one-wielding because it feels right.

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Only if it is like an option like MP3.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

^
This

As long as it's optional and not forced on you as you rank up like in San Andreas. It's fun to shoot someone up while duel-welding once in a while, but you'll soon miss the old-fashioned way.

Senor_taco28
  • Senor_taco28

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Bonnano @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 23:21)
It would be awesome as a feature like Max Payne 3 actually. But most of the time I usually just like one-wielding because it feels right.

This inlove.gif icon14.gif

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

Like MP3 yup.

NorthwindJME
  • NorthwindJME

Your Getaway Driver

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

As something optional, sure. Otherwise no, it looks stupid IMO.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 23:23)
^
This

As long as it's optional and not forced on you as you rank up like in San Andreas. It's fun to shoot someone up while duel-welding once in a while, but you'll soon miss the old-fashioned way.

icon14.gif I agree.

DanieljJ
  • DanieljJ

Supersonic Bassman

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

As a guy that owns and shoots a lot of guns I think dual wield is silly and only people who don't really know anything about guns like it. The goal with a firearm is to precisely place lead downrange in the most efficient manner possible. Dual wield against any marksman and you would be dead on his first shot and you "could" possibly get lucky and injure or possibly kill him but since you would be dead already it really wouldn't matter. Remember gunfights are like fistfights...the only real goal is to not get hit! viddy_pirate.gif viddy_pirate.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

Optional duel wielding sure.

Senor_taco28
  • Senor_taco28

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (DanieljJ @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 23:47)
As a guy that owns and shoots a lot of guns I think dual wield is silly and only people who don't really know anything about guns like it. The goal with a firearm is to precisely place lead downrange in the most efficient manner possible. Dual wield against any marksman and you would be dead on his first shot and you "could" possibly get lucky and injure or possibly kill him but since you would be dead already it really wouldn't matter. Remember gunfights are like fistfights...the only real goal is to not get hit! viddy_pirate.gif viddy_pirate.gif

Yes but this isn't real life, therefore it doesn't matter if it's silly, or realistic, it's just there for fun.

MIKAHEEL
  • MIKAHEEL

S.I.S

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

i think we will get skill trees like skyrim which can unlock duel welding

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 15:18)
I forget all about this. It was awesome in san Andreas. dual sawed offs

Ya same lol we were basically unstoppable with those things.

Karato2300
  • Karato2300

Silver man

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

Long as it's optional, I'd be fine with it.

I agree that making it the default weapon style when it's maxed is just silly.

But another thing, make dual-wielding for all weapons.

Even dildos!

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by Gunslinger_GK, 24 July 2013 - 12:14 AM.

I'd like to have the exact same weapon system as Max Payne 3.
You don't really have to carry a sh*t load of guns to be very powerful.

Gimme one or two handguns, a riffle/shotgun and grenades and i'll be happy.

Then you can use one or two guns depending to the situation.

I'd really like it, because you find yourself using your guns for a reason and not wasting ammo on peds.
It also forces you to be more precise and make every shot count.

In IV you always find yourself standing beind cover with a huge ammount of ammo firing all your chargers on your ennemies, then switching to the next weapon.

This got quickly boring, there is no real differences between the D-Eagle/MP4 or shotgun.

In MP3 you had barely no ammo during long shootouts, which made them more intense because you were using every lasting bullets with caution.

Plus you could chose between using the dual wielding to be more powerful or only one to be precise.
If you can chose, dual wielding will not get boring, because it becomes like a temporary bonus that allows more damages on ennemies. If once you got it you keep it forever you can no longer enjoy the "power" it gives to you.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

Optional just like in Max Payne 3 is a +1 from me. Because why the hell not? They already have all the hard work done in the animation system for handling dual wield. No reason to not include it just to not have it in.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (DanieljJ @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 18:47)
As a guy that owns and shoots a lot of guns I think dual wield is silly and only people who don't really know anything about guns like it. The goal with a firearm is to precisely place lead downrange in the most efficient manner possible. Dual wield against any marksman and you would be dead on his first shot and you "could" possibly get lucky and injure or possibly kill him

I generally agree but I'll caveat by saying I wouldn't square off with somebody shooting two automatic weapons. I'll disagree with the goal of firearms being "precisely placing lead downrange in the most efficient manner possible." Some firearms are by no means precision weapons.

I don't really care if this is in or not. I think it looks corny.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Voted yes but we don't really need it if the accuracy of the shooting is on par with max payne.

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

Seems like most of the gunplay from MP3 will carry to V anyway.
And that's great news because MP3 is probably one of the best TPS on the market.

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

L.A. Forensics Agency Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

Single Player? Yes, It would be a good addition. Multiplayer? No, No and NO. Simply because we already know the game's combat mechanics are going to behave almost similarly to Max Payne 3's, thus anyone who has played MP3 online SHOULD know how unbalanced and broken the game is due to overpowered dual wielded weapons. In short - NO DUAL WIELDING ONLINE OR GAME TURN INTO BROKEN, BORING, RUN AND SPRAY FEST.

SE4NNNN
  • SE4NNNN

Grove Street Families

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (MaxPayne47 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 21:16)
Single Player? Yes, It would be a good addition. Multiplayer? No, No and NO. Simply because we already know the game's combat mechanics are going to behave almost similarly to Max Payne 3's, thus anyone who has played MP3 online SHOULD know how unbalanced and broken the game is due to overpowered dual wielded weapons. In short - NO DUAL WIELDING ONLINE OR GAME TURN INTO BROKEN, BORING, RUN AND SPRAY FEST.

^ THIS THIS THIS

Dual PT92 people are the scum of the earth.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

I know duel wielding is unrealistic and unwieldy. But it's still cool, aesthetically it's just badass. So it would be nice if, when we level the shooting skill enough, we can have duel wielding, like in SA. However, it shouldn't be like SA in that it should remain a choice, rather than forcing us to do it from that point onward.

And certainly not in multiplayer if it remains as unbalanced as people say MP3 is.

Lone_Spirit
  • Lone_Spirit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

Same as the two above me, please none in MP. Or it will need a serious overhaul and balancing in GTa. Please don't call me terrible or that I suck, they are just OP. If you feel the need to know why please look at my post history too lazy to right that stuff again

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:12 AM

If the the MP3 team is behind the GTAV shooting mechanics i can see it happening but it's not a must-have for me i'd take the katana from VC before an dual wielding option

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

If it works exactly like MP3, yes. If it works like SA, no. It should be the player's choice and you should be able to use two different single handed guns if you want.

Colonel Dre
  • Colonel Dre

Non Duxit Nos Inducas

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

Only if I don't have to use it

I f*cking hated having to use it in San Andreas after leveling up the guns to hitman. It looked so f*cking retarded....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users