Aggressive police?

8 replies to this topic
Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Is this simply me, my game, or do the police really get more aggressive and try harder to kill you on foot and ram you off the road in their cars the longer you stay alive and avoid getting busted?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'd agree on-foot but I can't really comment on the vehicles without playing the game

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

I think the only thing that matters is the wanted level.

Having said that, the police seems to be differently programmed on the PC version. I have got the PS2 version, but I have tried the PC version a little bit. I like the PC cops better, because they are far more aggressive to NPC offenders. A cop even turned their attention to a NPC when CJ had a 1 star wanted level. This is unheard of on PS2.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

for real Police aggression do the Trucking missions #3, #6 and especially #8.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 02:14)
for real Police aggression do the Trucking missions #3, #6 and especially #8.

Well, missions 3 and 6 are sort of easy...

But mission 8... The police become extremely aggressive during it - and even such a word cannot describe the extent of their aggressiveness.

But the police's aggression seems to increase over time. I was doing all the side missions in LV yesterday and after having survived for 3 in-game days with a 4-star wanted level, I began getting pairs of Enforcers (not just LVPD cruisers as usual) trying to knock me off the road... Plus their vehicle speed (both LVPD cars and Enforcers) seems to have increased - as I remained on the same PCJ-600 bike all the time.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

No I don't think there is more agressive police during the same wanted level, although like you said sometimes you get attacked simply by police cars and rangers which are not much trouble and others by enforcers although I don't really know what factors makes the game choose the kind of attackers, i'm guessing that's random. I say this because before using the replay glitch to increase my criminal rating I chose to go to a restricted SF airport and sometimes there were rangers, others cars and others enforcers but not always on this sequence. When I destroyed the enforcers sometimes they were replaced by cars or rangers, so no it doesn't get worst.
About the speed that's true it really is unfair that you are on a bike at full speed and an enforcer can knock you out, but the worst part is that when you loose one of the cops and another one shows up fom nowhere.
Another thing that is interesting is that there are places that cops always show up the same way and other places where it seems random. I specially felt this kind of behaviour on some LV streets.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

I find cops in GTA Sa to be really stupid. They don't have that same ruthlessness as they did in GTA III.

GTASanAndreas12345
  • GTASanAndreas12345

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 10:16)
I find cops in GTA Sa to be really stupid. They don't have that same ruthlessness as they did in GTA III.

They were too annoying in GTA III. Anything above two stars and you couldn't even drive for ten seconds without getting spun out of control.

GTA_Playa21
  • GTA_Playa21

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

They were aggressive for me and for other npc's. A lot of shoo outs happen between cops and pedestrians. I play on pc fwiw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users