Photo

[Q] [WIP] GTA IV Character Switcher

34 replies to this topic
nixolas1
  • nixolas1

Creator/Destroyer

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:45 AM Edited by nixolas1, 01 August 2013 - 11:12 AM.

QUOTE (pedro2555 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:44)
QUOTE (nixolas1 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 11:54)
I've invited anyone to work with me, but since I do my coding in C++, the .NET guys can't collaborate with me directly, though they can work on other stuff on the list in the GTA IV:V post.

One question JulioNIB, have you managed to spawn Niko in tbogt? if so, can you tell me how, and give me the model hash?

I've been working on my mod:
Ammo display added
When you switch you can be in a car or heli or bike or on foot, and have wanted. all random.
Better camera stuff.

One big issue is still the square minimap. Not sure how to solve that one.

Just one thing about GTA V trailer, I don't think characters will have random wanted levels and such.

At least when looking on the original IV missions, they ma have random situations you can found them in, but that is almost sure to be only during storyline gameplay. But I'm not sure about this, just thought it was worth sharing.

About the square radar, what is really the issue with it ? The blips ?

I can only help with .NET too..

Well, I can disable the wanted level stuff easily if i see that it dosnt fit in. Right now I'm just building the skeleton of the mod.

The problem with the radar is that it is not square, and to change the normal radar you'll have to modify the game exe in a avanced way. So one will have to display a custom radar. Now how do you do that? You could take the radar textures and stitch them together, but then how do you hide the part of the textures that is outside the radar zone? I don't know how to do that. And then you'll have to manually implement all the radar elements and math, like the blips, the wanted circle, etc. Seems like a lot of work. So i thought that it might be possible to use the map thing which is used in the pause menu. Maybe we can figure out how it displays it, then just make it display in the radar zone.

But for now I'm working on easier things. Added the sniper scope to IV, with the greed/red fireing thing. And will continue work on the char switch.

If you want to work on something, go ahead! Depending on how much work you want to do, you can do anything from shooting without aiming (3rd person), to weapon customization, car customization, missions, THE RADAR. smile.gif

And julioNIB, it would be awsome if you edited/made a new version of your plane mod, so that it integrates better into the game and is more natural, like including a few different kind of models in the mod, making them spawn at natural locations in the game, making the flying HUD more GTA V-like, and maybe display some in-game help text the first time you try to fly. Then we'd have default planes in GTA IV!

I'll be back to work.

gravelli
  • gravelli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:38 PM Edited by gravelli, 23 September 2013 - 07:49 PM.

Is there a way you could:

- get Niko or Luis to change the clothes they're wearing while they're not being used by the player, just like in GTA V?

- add separate bank balances and ammo for each character

- give them all access to their own safehouses (e.g. Johnny can use his safehouse instead of having to use Luis's when using this mod in TBOGT)

- have characters do different types of activities (e.g. Luis dancing in Maisonette 9, Niko eating at Cluckin' Bell, Johnny getting a lap dance at Honkers)

- make the characters friends so they can hang out with one another (e.g. Niko and Luis can go drinking together)

- combine missions and side missions into one game: when you're Johnny you can do TLAD missions and gang wars, when you're Luis you can do TBOGT missions and drug wars, etc. Maybe even have it so that one character has to complete a mission to unlock another for another character

How many of the above would be possible?

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by LordOfTheBongs, 23 September 2013 - 08:40 PM.

I've invited anyone to work with me, but since I do my coding in C++, the .NET guys can't collaborate with me directly, though they can work on other stuff on the list in the GTA IV:V post.

One question JulioNIB, have you managed to spawn Niko in tbogt? if so, can you tell me how, and give me the model hash?

I've been working on my mod:
Ammo display added
When you switch you can be in a car or heli or bike or on foot, and have wanted. all random.
Better camera stuff.

One big issue is still the square minimap. Not sure how to solve that one.

u can run c++ (CLR) or c# (unsafe keyword) code in either language

and honestly if u know c# and u know c++ then c# is the better way to go for gta modding... the actual scripting is more optimized in c# but c++ gets the job done... eventually

u can always have the added lower level functionality of c++ just by adding unsafe keyword to methods... c# is great for modding gta :)

a_happy_dude
  • a_happy_dude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

hanks for aking his great mod

WolvenWolf
  • WolvenWolf

OMG They killed Kenny!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

Hey guy, I was wondering if there is a way of loading a savegame while switching characters, change luis to johnnie since its the same game, and load TLAD savegame... Change again and load TBoGT savegame... Something like "Press action key -> play the zoom out animation -> switch to the ped that looks like luis/johnnie -> loadscreen and load tbogt or tlad savegame". I'm not asking you to do this, just your opinion whether this is possible or not. Thanks.

BTW you might be interested in this guy previous mod: google GTA EFLC MAP UPDATES by nkjellman in other site. It's pretty awesome since he merges all the liberty city interiors/changes from GTA IV and EFLC in one game. It has several bugs and it's a quite heavy file, but it works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users