Photo

GTAV.net Map

185 replies to this topic
Ravnsmod
  • Ravnsmod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Very nice work, a great looking map. I think how ever that the Mt.Chiliad you have isent the right one, I base this mostly on the footage in the gameplay trailor at 02:40 (out of the total 04:51) where Travor is chased over a bridge, if you look at the right side of the picture a mountain is appearing just as the Travor chase footage ends, this mountain looks like it could be way bigger than the one you have as Mt.Chiliad witch is the one we see in the middle of the picture in the background at 02:36.

Also I remember seeing at picture with a snow covered mountain top when GTAV info started to be released, sadly I can't find it anymore to back up my "claim" smile.gif But it also seems unlikely that Mt.Chiliad would be that "small" ( don't get me wrong it isent that small ) like the one you call Mt.Chiliad.

I am not trying to belittle the great work you have done, i'm just 99.9 % sure that the right Mt.Chiliad is yet to be properly revealed and that it is going to blow our minds with it's size smile.gif

Thank you for the work you do in making our wait less painfull wink.gif

Ravnsmod

p.s. sorry for the bad grammer and spelling.

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by gwaha, 24 July 2013 - 03:54 PM.

QUOTE (Ravnsmod @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 15:16)
I am not trying to belittle the great work you have done, i'm just 99.9 % sure that the right Mt.Chiliad is yet to be properly revealed and that it is going to blow our minds with it's size smile.gif

I just don't see how they can "reveal" Mt Chiliad being a completely different mountain than any of the mountains we have already seen in many screenshots. The only way Mt Chiliad can be a different mountain is if there is another island than the main one.

If the mountain is that big, it would have been spotted in one of the screenshots by now. We have seen the mountains in the game from every direction by now (even from the east side - the lighthouse screenshot - clearly showing Mt Chiliad or Alamo or whatever you would call said mountain in the background). I do think Rockstar could be hiding a few towns thanks to mountains blocking the view, a big mountain not so much.

@LotusRIP

The ocean area is likely all around the island and not just the Alamo Sea. You can after all traverse the ocean around the island in a boat, so you can likely dive in it as well.

line of chop
  • line of chop

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

Iv got a feeling there is another map you can fly to.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (line of chop @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 12:03)
Iv got a feeling there is another map you can fly to.

I have a feeling we will be able to fly to the Watch Dogs map, and shoot Aiden Pierce in the face

freedom
  • freedom

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

I've updated my prior image here with some percentages. Now I am not very good with maths. Percentages always give me a headache. So this may not be exactly right, but I think looks alright:

user posted image

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 10:59)
QUOTE (gwaha @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 10:31)
LS is already bigger than LC. And Blaine county IS the country side. The country side seems to be about the size of SA with some RDR mixed in.

I think the main problem is that some have the wrong impression of RDR's actual map size which shouldn't include the part of the map you can't even visit.

Accessible area in RDR is about 6 square miles. I think this was never confirmed by R*, but calculated by fans who used the in-game stats.

yeah its all f*cked up. rockstar actually said rdr was their biggest map to date when the game was released yet in game measurements show it as 6 square miles and some change and some guy from rockstar said san andreas was 12.8 sq miles or something. either san andreas was scaled horribly or rockstar was being facetious. hard to say

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users