Underrated/Overrated TV Shows

151 replies to this topic
RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

I will have to say The Big Bang Theory is a dumb show. But Penny is amazing. She is in my top 3 now. Oh, Penny. Your so hot.........

Even the blonde chick of The Big Bang Theory is overrated...

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:31 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 11 December 2013 - 04:31 PM.

I will have to say The Big Bang Theory is a dumb show. But Penny is amazing. She is in my top 3 now. Oh, Penny. Your so hot.........

Yeah, I hate blondes with big firm breast.....god what a turnoff.....LOL

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, I hate blondes with big firm breast.....god what a turnoff.....LOL

Yeah God forbid people have different tastes in women.

• Mister Pink likes this

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 11 December 2013 - 04:33 PM.

Homeland is way underrated it is the smartest political drama I have ever watched

I wouldn't say it's underrated. A lot of people know about and talk about the show. It wouldn't even fit into underrated shows.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

I think modern Dr. Who is overrated. I've seen a couple of episodes, and I don't get why everyone seems to love it so much. I also agree with everyone who has said The Big Bang Theory is overrated. The show isn't very funny, and Sheldon Cooper is an insufferable twat.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

The Following is pretty underrated.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

American Horror Story is extremely overrated, it turned to sh*t after the first series.

As for underrated shows, I'd have to go with the Irish TV-movie series Jack Taylor.

nikolibrety
  • nikolibrety

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

Underrated:

X-men evoloution ( Better Than The Films)

Anger Mangement( Waay better than what has happened to two and a half men)

Overrated:

Modern Family

Two And A Half Men( Seasons 9 To Now after they killed off charlie the show was a POS)

Big Bang Theory( Used To LIke The show, but now is just modern day morons pretending to be nerds and talking about commonknolege and not hardcore fandom like knowing the names of all the characters in the star wars cantina)

2 Broke Girls

Reality TV ( All shows)

Hardline_Pro
  • Hardline_Pro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

Just when I thought Person Of Interest couldn't get any better, a whole new twist happens. I cant stress enough how underrated this show is.
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:09 PM Edited by codename_duchess, 01 February 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Underrated - Has to be Archer for me. Possibly the best animated series around. This new season is looking like it could be the best one

Also, Boardwalk Empire was very underrated, in my opinion

Overrated - Game of Thrones. Far too many reasons to explain but it could do with just going away

• Failure and thesmileys like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Overrated: Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead

Could not get into BBT, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Just cliche after cliche. I'm a HUGE Walking Dead fan but I think it's overrated. The writing seems to have gotten lazy. Just filler episode after filler episodes lately. The tension is wearing out. Though the mid-season finale was awesome, as well the first episode dedicated to the Governor.

thesmileys
  • thesmileys

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:26 AM

Overrated:

Adventure Time: It's too fruity.

The Big Bang Theory: I remember liking the first 2 seasons, but now it's just plain pathetic, if it wasn't for the laughtrack i wouldn't know when i was supposed to laugh.

Glee: It's terrible, no significant plot, it's just a sad excuse to grab amazing song and then take a huge pile of sh*t on it.

Two and a Half Men: Where do i start? Charlie Sheen isn't there anymore, neither is the kid and Alan's character is just too exaggerated. Ashton Kutcher is ok but he(imo) isn't as funny as how Charlie Sheen was.

Duck Dynasty: Sometimes i watch it, sometimes i don't.

Underrated:

Futurama: I've been watching it since the pilot episode, shame that it got cancelled. I'd take Futurama over The Simpsons(which has been ruined from '07+) any day of the goddamn week.

King of the Hill: It doesn't have the typical comedy of an adult animated sitcom, which is why i like it so much.

• Failure likes this

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:49 PM Edited by Kippers, 03 February 2014 - 12:51 PM.

QUOTE (ZerrickiShadow @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 20:58)
Underrated:
Misfits & Skins: Though this is because I live in the US and not the UK. For all I know they could be considered overrated over there. Still Skins is the best teen drama I have ever seen, and Misfits is one of the best comedy shows. Plus Misfits was able to handle the entire teens with super powers in a fairly realistic manner.
I agree with you 100% about skins, if your talking about the UK version and not the crappy US version, which I think you are. I just discovered it on Netflix, and it is one of my favorite shows, I binge watched the first 2 seasons in two days, awesome show

I look forward to hearing what you think of Skins from series 5 onwards. It tends to get schtick for losing a lot of quality, or it's ideas become less shocking. But I think the first few series of Skins were a bit of a benchmark in showing a - probably very small, and over exaggerated - part of some teenagers lives. I don't think anything so stupidly drug fueled and sex crazed, with some semi realistic drama about eating disorders -  had been aired towards the teenage audience before. It was like the 18 rated versions of Grange Hill or Byker Grove, which the original Skins audience would have grown up watching on the BBC, and damn awesome for it.

Misfits fairs much better overall. It deals with cast changes and finds suitable personalities with much more ease than later Skins ever did. I enjoyed it right up to the last moment despite some of the powers become ridiculous (One man's power is literally being trapped in the closet for not coming out gay). It was still stupidly funny and I'm a little disappointed that it's over.

Skins would definitely fall under 'overrated' in the UK and Misfits a bit less so.

Mad Men seems incredible underrated. I never see it get any love. Sky Atlantic is currently airing Season 6 for the first time, but it gets no hype, no one's discussing it and I don't know anyone else who watches it. Has it gone sour now the original buzz has gone? Do people in the US still enjoy it? What's the reception like over there?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:17 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 05 February 2014 - 11:18 PM.

QUOTE (ZerrickiShadow @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 20:58)
Underrated:
Misfits & Skins: Though this is because I live in the US and not the UK. For all I know they could be considered overrated over there. Still Skins is the best teen drama I have ever seen, and Misfits is one of the best comedy shows. Plus Misfits was able to handle the entire teens with super powers in a fairly realistic manner.
I agree with you 100% about skins, if your talking about the UK version and not the crappy US version, which I think you are. I just discovered it on Netflix, and it is one of my favorite shows, I binge watched the first 2 seasons in two days, awesome show

I look forward to hearing what you think of Skins from series 5 onwards. It tends to get schtick for losing a lot of quality, or it's ideas become less shocking. But I think the first few series of Skins were a bit of a benchmark in showing a - probably very small, and over exaggerated - part of some teenagers lives. I don't think anything so stupidly drug fueled and sex crazed, with some semi realistic drama about eating disorders -  had been aired towards the teenage audience before. It was like the 18 rated versions of Grange Hill or Byker Grove, which the original Skins audience would have grown up watching on the BBC, and damn awesome for it.

Misfits fairs much better overall. It deals with cast changes and finds suitable personalities with much more ease than later Skins ever did. I enjoyed it right up to the last moment despite some of the powers become ridiculous (One man's power is literally being trapped in the closet for not coming out gay). It was still stupidly funny and I'm a little disappointed that it's over.

Skins would definitely fall under 'overrated' in the UK and Misfits a bit less so.

To be honest, I've tried watching Skins from series 4 onwards and it felt weird. I'm one of the people who agree that the first two series' were a benchmark, the other two where its pinnacle and the other three were just a good filler, good filler in terms of a storyline that is still pretty nice, but that felt more like a filler. I can see how it's overrated in the UK though, elsewhere it's pretty underrated actually, in here you have a load of people who think it's awesome, while in the UK pretty much everyone got sick of it.

The exaggeration is probably part of it though, a mix of reality with exaggerated fantasy and dramatic life, just to add to it.

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

Tember Mitle

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Overrated: Big Bang Theory

Underrated: MLP (not as in fan base size, but in how many people hate it before watching it. Grow up peeps)

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:31 PM Edited by Zepren, 27 February 2014 - 12:33 PM.

Over-rated; Gotta agree with the Big Bang Theory consensus. I tend to pick and choose watch TV I watch so I rarely end up watching something I don't like.

Weeds, before season 4 (i think, I forget when they moved) it was one of the best shows out there. Then they sort of slowly ditched different pieces of the original concept and it just broke down. Ultimate low point- your main character getting shot in the head by a military sniper rifle and surviving.

Under-rated; There's a lot of hate for The Simpsons for some weird reason. It has it ups and downs like any show but is still consistently good.

The Venture Bros is also seriously under-rated. Rich world building, great characters, savagely funny and brutal action.

Love/Hate. "What?" I hear you cry. Irish crime drama based in Dublin. Pretty good cast, latest season struggled a bit but overall its a very good.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

Underrated:

Futurama: I've been watching it since the pilot episode, shame that it got cancelled. I'd take Futurama over The Simpsons(which has been ruined from '07+) any day of the goddamn week.

King of the Hill: It doesn't have the typical comedy of an adult animated sitcom, which is why i like it so much.

The simpsons hasn't been funny since around season 10. I am a massive fan of the old simpsons but you couldn't pay me to watch the new sh*t. Relies on slapstick one-liner crap.

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:05 AM

did anyone mention dexter and prison break?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:44 AM

I am a massive fan of the old simpsons but you couldn't pay me to watch the new sh*t.

That would be a great job though, I would do it.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:17 AM Edited by Forty, 01 March 2014 - 07:17 AM.

For me, one of the most underrated (and now cancelled) shows of the past decade was Southland. The first season aired on NBC and was solid, but when TNT got hold of it, the show really came into its own. I believe it ran for five seasons, each better than the previous. It was gritty, gripping, and had a variety of character types. I f*cking loved it, and I have no idea why TNT couldn't get people to watch. I think they did an awful job promoting it. I never saw ads for it during other programs.

It's a shame when a good program is cancelled due to poor marketing.

Fantastic cop show.

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

Underrated: Eastbound Down. Archer. 

Overrated: Breaking Bad. It's one of the best shows but the amount of hype is too damn high.

• TheUnholy likes this

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Underrated: Eastbound Down. Archer. 

Overrated: Breaking Bad. It's one of the best shows but the amount of hype is too damn high.

Is there a show more deserving of that kind of hype?

Also, Eastbound & Down is hugely popular here.
  • Failure likes this

DJJackal2014
  • DJJackal2014

Academi PMC Senior VP of Internal Affairs

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:31 AM

Underrated:

• Archer - It's the only show I can tolerate H. Jon Benjamin's voiceover talents. His work on Bob's Burgers: absolutely awful.
  • Louie - Probably because I'm a huge fan of comedian Louis C.K.
  • Mythbusters - So I'm a science nerd. Sue me. Plus you get to see sh*t explode.
  • Psych - Damn, and such a great show to that's leaving us far too soon.
  • Futurama - Matt Groening is an idiot for letting Comedy Central step all over them.
  • House Of Lies - Don f*cking Cheadle. Enough said.
  • Boardwalk Empire - Steve f*cking Buscemi. That should explain it all.
  • The Newsroom - This portion of the series premiere is what got me hooked. Aaron Sorkin is a frickin' genius!

• The reality TV shows that are actually worth watching: Amish Mafia. Bar Rescue. Restaurant: Impossible. Kitchen Nightmares. Fast N' Loud. Duck Dynasty. 

Overrated:

• American Dad - I seriously believe Seth MacFarlane is suffering from burnout from doing Family Guy and The Cleveland ShowOh wait - I also forgot that Seth is also executive producer of that Cosmos mini-series.
  • 95% of all reality TV shows. Jersey Shore. The Bachelor/Bachelorette. All the Fake Housewives shows. The Apprentice. American Idol. The Voice. America's Got Talent. The X Factor. Impractical Jokers.
  • Tosh.0 - I liked the show for a while, but some things get repetitive and boring.
  • Ridiculousness - same reason as Tosh.0.
  • Mister Pink likes this

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:49 AM

Overrated: The Walking Dead. A very strong pilot and then they introduced 20 characters at once. It's really hard to care about characters when they're that poorly introduced- it took me until 2/3 of the way through the second season to be able to recognize more than 10 characters. Throughout it they've been really bad about introducing characters- in the season 2 finale, one of the sisters died and I didn't even know that she had existed before that.

The writing seems to have improved a bit, though- they're investing more time into developing characters so that we can actually care when they die. For me, the only characters I've really liked were Shane and Carl, because those are the two who'd developed the most.

Big Bang Theory as well. That has got to be the most insufferable show in existence.

Underrated: Someone above said Archer, and I have to agree. That's the only TV Show I've watched more than once (what's on Netflix anyways) besides Breaking Bad. It's surprisingly intelligent and witty for a show that's so crude- really a masterful mix of catchphrases, obscure references, background jokes, subtlety and overt stupidity.

• Mister Pink likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Overrated: Family Guy

How is it the so many people find a bunch of animated characters going "Duhh" and "Ouch" over and over so funny and entertaining?

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Underrated: Eastbound Down. 

This! I'm not a hardcore fan of Eastbound Down but I watched some episodes when I encountered it on TV. That was one of the few shows that managed to keep me in front itself, although I'm not catching it up regularly. Around me, I think there are not so much people that know about Eastbound & Down.

And I changed my mind on Futurama... although I was considering it "overrated", later I thought it was/is not actually given the respect it deserves. However, I'm still persistent on my opinion that there are some idiots who are only praising Futurama because of Matt Groening, these people don't know sh*t about Futurama, they're just licking Groening's ass or something (although I think Groening is a successful man at his job, I see it's pointless to get him into God's level).

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Utopia has to be one of the most underrated shows to ever have existed, it is in my opinion a masterpiece, it's put almost every other show I've ever seen to shame and the ones that it doesn't still don't seem half as good after having watched it. The fact of the matter is though it has a rather small audience compared to what it should have, by all rights this show deserves the same amount of love, attention and affection that's given to shows like Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad simply because it is just that damn good.

• Flynny likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I just realized that Bernd das Brot is crazy underrated. The premise is f*cking hilarious yet it's ignored like a leper at a train station.

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by TheFunkyBunch, 3 days ago.

Overrated - Orange is the New Black f*cking every c*nt talking About it  f*ck OFF f*cking hate that Tripe.

Game Of Thrones - make me want to Stab Myself with a Butchers Knife.

Underrated - The L Word simply because i always used to jerk off to it when i was like 15/16 Good Times.

Spongebob - f*cking Masterpiece i  find the Subtle Humor and Social Commentary way more Amusing than the in your face Stuff on Shows Like Family guy/American  Dad which are Also Overrated .

Ray Margarita
  • Ray Margarita

Mr. Money In The Bank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Spongebob has been pretty sh*tty since the movie came out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users