Greatest most complete sitcom in the
history of Television.

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Season 3 and 4 of breaking bad.

Did not care much for the Gustav Fring storyline or the twins. Thought those two particular series were just garbage compared to series 1 and 2.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:12 PM Edited by Werebot85, 11 October 2013 - 07:24 PM.

I just thought of another show that is WAAAAAY overrated: Extreme Makeover Home Edition! I think I watched like 1 episode since it started way back...

On Extreme Makeover Home Edition (which btw is one of the most annoying shows thanks to that... guy. Don't know his name), why do they build those massive, high-tech, ultra luxurious homes for all those poor, struggling families that sometimes couldn't even afford to live in their old, smaller and cheaper houses?

Why don't they build small, less extravagant and affordable homes? I just read a story about a family that appeared on the show.

They used to rent a small house, and then they got a really big, beautiful new 6 bedroom mansion complete with a movie theatre, and a carousel in the backyard and all the latest tech etc.

But they were poor before they moved in, and they were still poor after they got the house, and as a result they were soon crippled by debts and rising utility bills they couldn't afford. Utility costs reached $1,200 for electricity and $400 for water; property taxes increased from $1,625 pre-makeover to $5,600. They didn't have a choice, so they had to sell the house. The house was worth about $1million at first, but in the end they had to sell it at a huge loss for $540000

I mean, if I was poor and unemployed and had a big family to take care of, and if one of my kids had cancer so there's medical bills to think of too, I wouldn't be able to afford living in a massive castle like this:
article-2086727-0F75EA4600000578-109_634

http://i.dailymail.c...284_634x409.jpg
http://i.dailymail.c...826_634x409.jpg
http://i.dailymail.c...184_634x409.jpg
http://i.dailymail.c...796_634x409.jpg

It just annoys me lol. These people sign up hoping to improve their lives because they are really struggling, then they get screwed by the huge cost of living in such a place, and in a lot of cases they end up worse off than before....

Producers: "let's find the poorest families, struggling to stay alive, often struggling to cope with illnesses, death, bankruptcy etc, and force them to live in a massive house only millionaires could actually afford."

On the other hand, I also read some stories about how some of these families scammed the show. One couple offered to take care of their neighbors' kids and gave them a roof over their heads. So the producers liked this story, and offered to Extreme Makeover their house. After they moved in, those kids were kicked out...
I actually wonder how many of these families scammed the show.......

TL;DR --- REALITY TV SUCKS!!! All of them!!! Except for Amazing Race :)

Sooooo...

UNDERRATED: Amazing Race. And Walking Dead imo. I love it. I think season 4 starts tonight over here, so yay...

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

^ oh wait, walking dead s4 starts on Monday. (Can't edit or quote on mobile site, so double post it is...)

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

So you're talking about a bunch of overrated and underrated shows... I don't think I have an underrated show, but so far the list goes...

*MY LITTLE PONY - *ultimate facepalm*

You made a fanbase for a little girls' show and are forcing this show on us with your forced shoving of fanart and crap. How are we supposed to live when you are obsessing over this show? I don't think we would give you a trophy for such impossible feats.

*Another show called My Little Pony

*Another show called My Little Pony

*Doctor Who

I think I watched one episode of it till now. Some weird force took over the TARDIS, and Amy and that other guy lived in a nightmarish TARDIS I guess, with the guy blaming Amy since years ago (actually seconds, as part of the trickery) with... blood on the walls. That's the part I liked. Before that in the same episode, the show was too overwhelming and fast to even understand a thing.

*My Little Pony

*And any teen sitcom that gets too much hype.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

Overrated: Breaking Bad(I may give it another chance), and any cop/criminal shows.

Underrated: Supernatural...I can't believe how long the show has been on since 05 and I've only noticed it since early summer. Its crazy how much the story expanded since S1.

Hardline_Pro
  • Hardline_Pro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

OVERRATED: Breaking Bad, Modern Family

UNDERRATED: Siberia

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Underrated: Boardwalk Empire, Rome, Deadwood

Overrated: Walking Dead

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Another show I liked that was underrated. The Unit.

It's much like the PG-13 version of Strike Back, but with the stories of the soldiers' families. But even then, it had some fun action, and espionage.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

Underrated:

Sleepy Hollow: Nostalgia with a prominent mature twist.

Justified: Quality 'raw' no-nonsense television showing both sides of the coin.

Touch: Very interesting intriguing concept, if you love mystery i'd recommend it.

Person of Interest: Arguably the best timed series ever to grace a TV screen.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

It's much like the PG-13 version of Strike Back, but with the stories of the soldiers' families. But even then, it had some fun action, and espionage.

I loved that show until the focus drifted from the soldiers and essentially became a show about their wive's constant infidelity with the occasional reminder that their husbands were special forces soldiers.

Honestly, I think one of the most underrated shows ever was Lie To Me, it was The Mentalist without the suck and a much more interesting lead character. Still pissed it got cancelled, but eh, it was a good Fox show, so I suppose that's destiny.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

I loved that show until the focus drifted from the soldiers and essentially became a show about their wive's constant infidelity with the occasional reminder that their husbands were special forces soldiers.

Yeah, that was definitely it's downfall.  But the good half was highly entertaining.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

The second season of the wire was just flat out garbage.

Oh no you didn't... :p

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

Underrated-

Wilfred

It's always sunny in Philadelphia

Spartacus

Black Books

Bob's burgers

Hannibal 

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

Oh no you didn't... :p

ryan-gosling-tv-judge1.gif

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hey, I used to play on Live with a guy that's on that show ( Siberia ), my good friend knows him well. I haven't caught any of the show yet.

Hardline_Pro
  • Hardline_Pro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hey, I used to play on Live with a guy that's on that show ( Siberia ), my good friend knows him well. I haven't caught any of the show yet.

Really? That's cool. Which guy?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

I would have to say that Big Bang Theory is way overrated, it's not that funny at all. Just a linky Sheldon doing the same sh*t each episode.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yep. I think that was way back in our Halo 2 days though. His name's Dan Sutton. I just gave the show a Google, sounds like it could be pretty good. I like this thread a lot, found out about some good stuff here.

Hardline_Pro
  • Hardline_Pro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

Yep. I think that was way back in our Halo 2 days though. His name's Dan Sutton. I just gave the show a Google, sounds like it could be pretty good. I like this thread a lot, found out about some good stuff here.

Oh yeah! Yep, he is on the show. One of the main characters. https://twitter.com/DanielSiberia

That's awesome! You should watch it, I thought it was really good.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

North Koreer

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hardline_Pro, on 10 Nov 2013 - 5:39 PM, said:

Nah Tso Gud, on 10 Nov 2013 - 5:23 PM, said:

Hardline_Pro, on 10 Nov 2013 - 4:32 PM, said:

Nah Tso Gud, on 10 Nov 2013 - 2:21 PM, said:

Hardline_Pro, on 21 Oct 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

Oh yeah! Yep, he is on the show. One of the main characters. https://twitter.com/DanielSiberia

That's awesome! You should watch it, I thought it was really good.

I like it too, lets hope that sh*tty NBC doesnt cancel it and gives it a 2nd season

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

Not sure if it's classed as underrated but here in the UK there was a show called "Luther" on from something like 2011-2013. 3 seasons and it's finished. I absolutely fell in love with it. The reason I think it's underrated is that no one ever talked about it when it was on, I just happened to be watching an Idris Elba film and really liked him, checked out what he was in and remembered seeing a trailer for this thinking it looked good but never got round to watching it.

All I've seen are positive reviews, even some from across the pond in the US which I was surprised about but it seems to be liked worldwide from what I gather.

I love The Walking Dead, I wouldn't say it's overrated in the UK but sounds like it is in the US.

Secura
  • Secura

Var˙­

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

Sherlock. 

Just a brilliant series that gets overshadowed by a load of mediocre crap on British TV, and although it's making it's return next year, it's appalling that it's taken so long to release a third season.

• Mister Pink likes this

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

Homeland is way underrated it is the smartest political drama I have ever watched

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

Sherlock. 

Just a brilliant series that gets overshadowed by a load of mediocre crap on British TV, and although it's making it's return next year, it's appalling that it's taken so long to release a third season.

Just seen the first two episodes recently. Top class, TV. 

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by Lil ski, 09 December 2013 - 04:30 PM.

I originally thought that too when I first watched it because it's a HUGE turn around from season 1's gangsta plot but watch it again, it's actually pretty good.
If any season that was "bad" (actually no season was bad, just less favored than others) it has to be season 5. The political and journalism side stories were pretty boring and also *BLANK* gets f*ckin murdered by a lil kid! :mad:
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

People aren't going to like this...

I think It's Always Sunny....' is overrated. It's gained huge success, especially in my country. I first thought it was amazing then after seeing a few episodes and a few more seasons, I realized it's annoying. Don't get me wrong, there are brilliant jokes, some great scenes too but most of it, I find myself asking: "How is this funny?"

Characters constantly contradict themselves for the sake of jokes and humor making it completely unrealistic and really un-watchable. I hate the sort of over-acting, over-dramatic style of delivery of the jokes - always so animated, over-the-top etc. Some of the themes of the jokes are good, bold and it takes balls poking fun and having a stab of sort of "un-pc" type jokes..

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

People aren't going to like this...

I think It's Always Sunny....' is overrated. It's gained huge success, especially in my country. I first thought it was amazing then after seeing a few episodes and a few more seasons, I realized it's annoying. Don't get me wrong, there are brilliant jokes, some great scenes too but most of it, I find myself asking: "How is this funny?"

Characters constantly contradict themselves for the sake of jokes and humor making it completely unrealistic and really un-watchable. I hate the sort of over-acting, over-dramatic style of delivery of the jokes - always so animated, over-the-top etc. Some of the themes of the jokes are good, bold and it takes balls poking fun and having a stab of sort of "un-pc" type jokes..

The show peaked in season 3, and then they've just been riding that success.  It's not bad, but it used to be way better.

• Mister Pink likes this

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

Segern ar var!

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:17 PM Edited by Commander Rofl, 10 December 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Underrated: Mad Dogs

"What is mad dogs" You're asking? Exactly!

"Mad Dogs centres on a reunion of four friends who have known each other since sixth form, now in their 40s and a mix of single, married, and divorced. They have been invited by a fifth friend, Alvo, to his villa in Majorca to celebrate his early retirement, having made his fortune in property. However, their holiday soon turns into a labyrinthine nightmare of lies, deception, and murder."

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

Dr. King Schultz

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

I will have to say The Big Bang Theory is a dumb show. But Penny is amazing. She is in my top 3 now. Oh, Penny. Your so hot.........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users