Quantcast

» «
Photo

Favorite music for Raves?

13 replies to this topic

Poll: What kind of music do you prefer for raves? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

What kind of music do you prefer for raves?

1. Happy Hardcore (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

2. Hardstyle (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Dubstep (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

4. House (7 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

5. Other (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

So I went to Global 2013 with my cousin and her girlfriend a few nights ago. It was a good time, but they had a good deal of dubstep. After Global and on our way back to town, we talked about rave music. I personally liked Happy Hardcore, but they both prefered dubstep. Anyway, I'm asking what you guys personally like to listen to at raves.

Happy Hardcore

Hardstyle

Dubstep

House

Other

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:29 PM Edited by The-King, 22 July 2013 - 10:31 PM.

I honestly prefer hard house like Afrojack and heavier dubstep. Hardcore's alright, I can always do with a little Dark Oscillators and the like since I've been casually trying to learn to Melbourne Shuffle for the longest time.

Truthfully though, hard house and dubstep will always be my favorite rave music, especially considering I got introduced to both genres when I started raving years ago and fell in love long before either firmly hit the mainstream.

Raves suck major dick these days though, nothing but rebellious little sh*t teenagers out to get f*cked up. None of the heart that it used to have, PLUR is all but dead.

EDIT: Afrojack's Take Over Control, this song always makes me f*cking lose it.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

Why not try out the Goldeneye 007 soundtrack. No Joke.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Really gets you going.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 23 July 2013 - 05:05 PM.

Most of the raves that go on in my city are House, Techno, bit of Dubstep.. House has really taken over though. There's a big enough House scene here. It used to be more Techno (I think) but now all the after parties and raves are playing house.

I don't know what I prefer.. I mean I really like a versatility. House's 4/4 timing can just get repetitive. The best raves are organised by people who like multiple genres of music for me. Start off with the generally undanceable Dubstep, Move on to Drum & Bass and then on to some banging Techno or House

Also depends on what the vibe is like. I went to a day time rave where they got a huge and expensive soundsystem which was star of the show and played Dub music all day. People were tripping and doing pills and smoking green. The other room had more banging Jungle/D&B.

If people are doing some progressive music, crossing genres then even better than having some conformist generic music playing for 24hrs straight.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:14 PM Edited by VF94, 23 July 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Here are my favorites,hope you guys listen to some of them.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

Nice songs. I favorited some of them, especially the ones posted by VF94.

I have never been to a rave before but I suppose I would like to go to one as long as the music is decent. The most interesting music for me to hear would be house, techno, and drum and bass\jungle, all from the '90s or early '00s. Modern music is great too, but the modern music I generally imagine being played in clubs is average compared to older music.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

If you've been to one a few times then you've seen all of them imo.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:04 AM Edited by VF94, 25 July 2013 - 09:21 AM.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 02:00)

I taught you well Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Bump

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Dubstep was never rave music, its just half time garage crossed with jump up dnb. When the Americans/Canadians got hold of it it just got horrible, they have a great understanding of sound design (skrilex, datsik) but seemed to completely misunderstand the sound and skip the groove element and low down sub that makes the dirty midrange growl sounds worth anything. Dubstep used to be a good sub-genre back in the simple wobble days up to about the time chase & status got into it with eastern jam (biiiig tune, but even then that dirty bass was a preset from a soft synth) just got dry after that imo.

Happy hardcore, while cheese, is great for a rave. the mcees know how to get people live, or did back in the day. They took control over the ravers and made things fun even if you weren't on E.

My favorite sound has always been dnb from back when it was jungle.

God Of GTAO
  • God Of GTAO

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:27 PM Edited by God Of GTAO, 22 October 2013 - 02:32 PM.

Bonus point if you remember this rave

Bonus point and a cookie if you were there

Bonus point and 2 cookies if you were there and are in the video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users