Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would you rather be intelligent or attractive?

57 replies to this topic
Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

If you could just choose one or the other, would it be cleverness and intelligence or physical attractiveness? and why do you choose this?

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Cleverness and intelligence.

With intelligence I can come far in life, and even become a billionaire like Bill Gates or something.. And ladies dig the rich guys, so intelligence is smarter. + I am already attractive. happy.gif

With physical attractiveness I can surely become a model, but people would be with me only for my looks..

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

user posted image

Emhyr
  • Emhyr

Dragon Age

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

I'd like to be attractive, let's face it... there are much more smarter men then Gates who failed in life and many "not so intelligent" who succeeded, for example Richard Branson. Sometimes you just have to be resourceful. And attractivness is always wanted...and it's much easier to succed when you're hot.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:04 PM Edited by Hameer, 22 July 2013 - 06:20 PM.

QUOTE (VF94 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:00)
user posted image

QUOTE (Hameer)
If you could just choose one or the other

Who doesn't love to have both. That's why I asked what one wants to become if he has a choice.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Pretty and dumb are by far the easiest way to go through life. You get things handed to you and you don't have a care other than your own little world. Intelligence brings awareness, the realization of futility and ultimately depression or madness. I think ignorance probably is bliss.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 14:05)
Pretty and dumb are by far the easiest way to go through life. You get things handed to you and you don't have a care other than your own little world. Intelligence brings awareness, the realization of futility and ultimately depression or madness. I think ignorance probably is bliss.

Pretty much this.

Ha, I read an article claiming that attractive real estate agents tend to make 15% more a year or some sh*t because since they're attractive, their clients assume that they're smart. That doesn't sound like a terrible life to me.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:05)
I think ignorance probably is bliss.

My version of Hakuna Matata.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Intelitractive.

Ok seriously, I'd rather be intelligent, because if I become a millionaire or even a billionaire, women would just come straight to me and I would have a huge automated house on Lake Washington.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

You act like all intelligent people end up rich and successful.

To answer your question OP, I'd rather be attractive. Sometimes it's easier being stupid.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Attractiveness and Intelligence are both elusions. Everyone is attractive is their own way, and knows a lot about at least on subject.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Most people consider themselves to be intelligent whether they are or not and most intelligent people take great pride in it when they are young. It takes some time living in the real world as an adult to realize that it doesn't get you as far as you thought it would. Pretty people don't even have to waste a thought on any of this.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

At the moment I'm neither.

But with one you wouldn't need the other.

Hmm, I'd probably go with attractive being honest.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 14:43)
Pretty people don't even have to waste a thought on any of this.

Because they rarely have a thought.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Both qualities have disadvantages. Intelligence can lead to arrogance (you become more aware of other people's stupidity and you blame them for it thinking you are superior), depression (you realize that life is tough since you are less naive), pessimism (you are aware that there are more reasons to be pessimistic, so it's very easy to become one), excessive critical thinking, etc. I'm not saying this will necessarily happen to all intelligent people. I'm saying that it's more likely to happen to them.

Physical attractiveness can be a curse too. I think the fact that you will get a lot of praise for the way you look will make you less concerned about improving in other areas, or it will make you think your self worth is related more to your looks than to intelligence. This is probably one of the main reasons why there aren't that many female scientists, inventors, etc. Society tells them that looks are very important for them.

I think intelligence is ultimately more advantageous. You can be attractive and have lots of things easily as a result of that, but I don't think you can truly be happy without the right amount of intelligence. People generally can be and will always be miserable (to some degree) irrespective of looks, wealth, or intelligence. Problems don't magically disappear for anyone and it takes some intelligence to be able to deal with them, to maintain happiness. Contrary to popular belief, happiness doesn't depend on wealth or looks. As long as you are able to sustain yourself (with food, water, etc) you can be happy if you know how to focus and avoid thinking negatively, but that's where intelligence and actually luck as well play a big part. Actually it's all about luck.

I hope what I wrote makes sense more or less. I'm kinda hungry so I rushed this post a little.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 17:58)

With intelligence I can come far in life, and even become a billionaire like Bill Gates or something.. And ladies dig the rich guys, so intelligence is smarter. + I am already attractive. happy.gif

With physical attractiveness I can surely become a model, but people would be with me only for my looks..

Ladies don't dig rich guys, they dig their fortune and getting the fortune when they die.

e.g. Hugh Hefner and his ten 20 year old wives

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:58)

I'd rather for looks than money.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Attractive. The great thing about being attractive is that you can still get to be more intelligent if you are dumb in your 20s. If you are ugly then you will stay that way.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Speaking as an ugly person I choose to be attractive without hesitation.

I would love to be tall, dark and handsome, full of charm and wit, with a 10 inch knob. A real sex magnet, so hot I could just walk into a club and girls just gravitate towards me, getting wet between the legs just by talking to me. That is my wish and that is what life is all about. Sex. I have zero interest in work, family, friends, careers, pensions or any of that bullsh1t, I just wana have sex til I drop.

Why? Because I want to f3ck girls, lots and lots of girls, that is the only thing I have any interest in besides video games.

And the only reason I play video games is because I am ugly and so unable to pursue my first choice dream of f3cking lots and lots of girls.

Plan B might be okay but I know that plan A would be a whole lot more fun.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

If I choose attractive do I still get to keep my current level of intelligence (and vice-versa)?

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Intelligence. The shear fact I let my hair grow for so damn long goes to show exactly how much I couldn't care less about my looks.

I could look like Mikki Ninaj and not care so long as my brain remains.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

I would rather be intelligent as opposed to attractive because I honestly don't give a damn about getting with anyone anytime soon and I'd rather have a better chance of making it in life, being upper middle class or wealthy. smile.gif As long as I'm not automatically ugly if I choose intelligence then I don't mind.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 21:19)
If I choose attractive do I still get to keep my current level of intelligence (and vice-versa)?

Just imagine you start with both of them being 0, then choose wink.gif

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Assuming everything else stays the same I'd rather be intelligent. I don't have the confidence to do anything with attractiveness, and the maintenance (haircuts, perfect hygiene, etc.) would annoy me.

Besides, if I was intelligent I could get a nice job and settle down pretty easily.

(Also assuming intelligence isn't knowledge, and it's more like intuition.)

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Intelligent. Sure I would like to have the means to make my wildest fantasy come true, but I would rather be smart and have the means to help humanity. icon14.gif

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'd rather be atrelligent.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Hameer @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 16:27)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 21:19)

Just imagine you start with both of them being 0, then choose wink.gif

So either become dumb as a lamp post or ugly as sin.

First impressions are everything. And the first thing people see, is your face and body. So I'm going to go for being attractive. Being able to see the world the way it is at face value, is probably pretty good. Ignorance is bliss after all.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Infrequent poster....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

I don't consider myself ugly (I think I'm in the middle of the road on that one), but I'd rather go for intelligence.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Intelligence.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Sure, I currently enjoy things that someone who's attractive and stupid wouldn't do, but if I chose attractive I'd just have different things to enjoy, and I wouldn't over-think everything. Ignorance is bliss.

Since my main goal is to just be happy and content, attractiveness would be the easiest way to get there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users