Photo

Weapons, exploring and beginner stuff

5 replies to this topic
raks73
  • raks73

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hey guys. Am on the 5th mission, bull in a china shop. Am a little confused as just seem to be driving here and there on missions. Have had a couple of chases. Been ona date. But I haven't done much exploring. Should I leave the car and check things out on foot? Tried this once but couldn't interact with anyone or enter anywhere. I thought this was meant to be a nonlinear open world game?

How am I meant to find weapons? Only got a knife so far (from Darjan). Are there not meant to be weapon shops around?

Want to get the most out of this game but at present I am just driving from a to b. any tips/advice appreciated.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

In the first couple of missions, the game is quite restricted in what you can do. But as you progress further into the game, the Liberty City world will open up, literally and figuratively. You will get more weapons, more friend activities, and more shops.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

The closest gun is a pistol, in the south west corner of the go-kart track in the amusement park by the beach. All weapons glow red.

raks73
  • raks73

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

So would U regard this game as an open world sandbox game?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

There are weapon shops(they are just not marked like the Ammunations were in previous GTA's)...

There are several weapon spawns throughout the city-but you have to look on foot mostly for those...even the ones in locked areas are available too(you just have to use a bike OR go on foot to get past the barriers at the bridges)...

Also, there are the Hidden Packages(pigeons) to collect. There are also several side missions to do as well.

This is just like the rest of the GTA's-ie, III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS-remember those? tounge2.gif lol.gif

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (raks73 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 19:23)
So would U regard this game as an open world sandbox game?

Once the world is used to its full potential, it definitely is an open world, but not so much a sandbox game. There is very little control you have on the game besides driving, blowing things up, shooting, and the ability to control mission order when multiple are available.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users