Photo

Do some thing about the "Forum Search"

6 replies to this topic
Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

Whenever I try to use the Forum Search link in order to verify whether a previous post or subject has been discussed recently on similar topics of my interest - I GET THE FOLLOWING RESULT
user posted image

I don't understand what's so difficult to manage the Forum Search Box perfectly well like many other million forums on the web be it big or small, every forum requires this function to perform well all the time and it's critical to the members get links to their favorites instantly.

I know it works but not all the time as shown above. These occasional hiccups must end and it should work all the time.

Please note: I clicked and performed the search waiting every 60 seconds or so plus using it with internet connection & browser working absolutely up to date and still this error messages show up once in 4-5 tries.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Hmm?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

I actually like using Google for that sort of thing, you should try it. Type "site:gtaforums.com" first in the search bar, followed by whatever you want to search for, like so: http://i.imgur.com/4XsxqHT.png

You get a handy list of topics related to that subject, complete with timestamps. Exactly like the forum search would. If it worked. tounge.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

That is how the search engine is.
It's horrible and you don't get the right result when you're logged in.
I always log out and search that way.
It gets the right search everytime.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:54 PM Edited by GTA564, 23 July 2013 - 11:11 PM.

user posted image

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (GTA564 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 22:54)
user posted image

I know this!.. anyways, google search sounds better
thank you for the suggestions. Have a nice day!

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Do a google search with site:gtaforums.com in the search bar as well. Much more powerful and responsive search.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

16 5 5

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:08 AM Edited by shoumic, 25 July 2013 - 07:10 AM.

QUOTE (Otter @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 12:51)
Do a google search with site:gtaforums.com in the search bar as well. Much more powerful and responsive search.

It honestly depends on what you're looking for to be honest. The Google search isn't always that useful. Which is why you guys should just use Google if it's working for you guys. We don't need it to be implemented on the forum (when logged in) as there are people who can make use of the forum search.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users