• KillinFr3nzy NL

Best GTA Driver

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

f*ck her.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 00:46)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:44)
The anchor for 9 News just referred to the kid as "Tonight's Top Story".

It's gonna be a looooong 24 hours. suicidal.gif

I'm amazed by this. Absolutely fascinated. Why do people care? Are they raised to care? Do parents make kids watch this sh*t?

Hmm, nothing else better to watch? tounge.gif

Idk why, but I'm excited. biggrin.gif

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

I wasnt expecting GTA Forums to fit the demographic of people who care about this.

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Even if you aren't interested in this event, why do [some of] you feel the need to swing in the opposite direction and post deliberately offensive and degrading comments instead? Who on earth are you trying to impress?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

All I can say is I hope she manages to steer clear from the paparazzi for the time being, can't say it would be fun to have just given birth then have crowds of people hounding you for months to come.

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Barguast @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 14:51)
Even if you aren't interested in this event, why do [some of] you feel the need to swing in the opposite direction and post deliberately offensive and degrading comments instead? Who on earth are you trying to impress?

Exactly what I was going to say. I don't really care about this, but that's as far as I'll go. People who take the time to think of insults or offensive comments clearly do care to some extent to take the time to think of and post pointless comments.

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

I've got to say I do find it kind of exciting, well maybe exciting is the wrong word. But I just find myself being drawn to it, I find it interesting because it's a major national occasion, and I do like the royal family as well. I watched the wedding, and the Queen's jubilee celebrations, and now I find myself watching the 24 hr BBC news channel with the same sh*t being said over and over, and I don't even care. I'm still enjoying it.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Vietnam

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

I wonder what they'd do if the baby is retarded or something?

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 15:59)

...or black. Should make for an interesting discussion.

Ilikehotcrossbuns
  • Ilikehotcrossbuns

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 16:04)

Nice job stealing from comedians and posting it online almost word for word without bothering to even say the name of the comedian from whom you stole.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Ilikehotcrossbuns @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 16:09)
QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 16:04)

Nice job stealing from comedians and posting it online almost word for word without bothering to even say the name of the comedian from whom you stole.

Thanks, always here to help

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Vietnam

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

I swear on all that I hold dear that I made up that joke.

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Slightly more relevant to us British people than the months we spent hearing about Kim Kardashians baby.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

One of my friends had a baby boy just this morning around 3, my bets are going towards it being male. "royal baby" what a strange name. Zone out on those words

Either that or the antichrist. Demon baby from max payne 3?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Why do some people feel the need to call this baby offensive names? I am not fond of the parents or even the institution to which they belong, I am tired of hearing about it on the news and I am tired of people treating this event as if it's the saviour of humanity crawling out of Kate's womb.

But the name-calling? We get it, you don't like the royals and you think they are a waste of space but this is a child that hasn't even born yet and you are throwing out offensive names left and right why? To appear cool on the internet?

Yes, the baby will be royal but it's also a human-being and one that hasn't even entered the world yet but is already being called everything from royal-sh*t to whatever else people can think of.

@Cursed

Well you just made me realize I'd rather hear about this than anything else about Kim Kardashian and her lot.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:03)
Why do some people feel the need to call this baby offensive names? I am not fond of the parents or even the institution to which they belong, I am tired of hearing about it on the news and I am tired of people treating this event as if it's the saviour of humanity crawling out of Kate's womb.

But the name-calling? We get it, you don't like the royals and you think they are a waste of space but this is a child that hasn't even born yet and you are throwing out offensive names left and right why? To appear cool on the internet?

Yes, the baby will be royal but it's also a human-being and one that hasn't even entered the world yet but is already being called everything from royal-sh*t to whatever else people can think of.

@Cursed

Well you just made me realize I'd rather hear about this than anything else about Kim Kardashian and her lot.

Does it even matter calling names now than later?

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:09 PM Edited by Lightning Strike, 22 July 2013 - 06:16 PM.

I'm genuinely curious to see what'd happen if the baby was born with some sort of disability, autism for example.

Don't ask me why but I think that the media's reaction to it would be priceless.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (kb2084 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 14:49)
i'd soooooooo tap that...

The baby?

Android
  • Android

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Superior Mobile OS

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:28 PM Edited by Antagonista, 22 July 2013 - 06:31 PM.

...It's not that big of a deal for the people in the US, but yet they talk about it on the news for no reason.

I'm glad shes having a kid and all, but it's just a kid. Maybe it's cause I'm not from the UK

here comes the flaming. no offence to anyone btw

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:23)
The baby?

Yes of course the f*cking baby, I mean it's not like it's been born yet or anything...

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

The fact that the royal family still exists as a relavant entity confuses me to no end. I mean good for her but why the f*ck is this international news?

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 23:59)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:23)
The baby?

Yes of course the f*cking baby, I mean it's not like it's been born yet or anything...

That wasn't a serious reply. bored.gif

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:43)
That wasn't a serious reply.  bored.gif

No way!

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 00:15)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:43)
That wasn't a serious reply.   bored.gif

No way!

There are two ways.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Honestly, why is this all over the news, even in the US? One of our largest cities just went bankrupt, 3 dead women were found in garbage bags in an abandoned house 10 miles away from me, there's so much other sh*t going on right now and were talking about the royal family, who isn't even from our country? I guess it's better than hearing about Hollywood failed marriages and plastic surgeries...

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:50)
Honestly, why is this all over the news, even in the US? One of our largest cities just went bankrupt, 3 dead women were found in garbage bags in an abandoned house 10 miles away from me, there's so much other sh*t going on right now and were talking about the royal family, who isn't even from our country? I guess it's better than hearing about Hollywood failed marriages and plastic surgeries...

This kind of sh*t is what keeps the society distracted. I understand if it may be important for the UK, but the rest of the world don't give a rats ass about it..

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 22 July 2013 - 07:04 PM.

tounge.gif

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:50)

Do normal people in the US even care about the royal baby's arrival? From what I have observed the US news outlets are getting even more excited about it than the British TV media.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

I feel sorry for the baby.
It is a blameless, innocent child and yet there exist people who hated it before it was even born simply by virtue of the family it is born into.

I am in favour of replacing the monarchy with a democratically elected King or Queen precisely because I believe that hoisting these responsibilities on an innocent child is inhumane and disgusting. Our current monarch was just a girl when she became Queen, she did her duty and has only ever tried to make her family proud - and yet there are those who hate her for it, call her a parasite, a leech, a subhuman monster and all because of the accident of her birth.

This child will not lead a normal life, it will be born into a Zoo without bars, in which we observe it like a species of insect, taking in its every movement and facial gesture, keeping it under our microscope, hoping to prove that it is indeed an insect despite wearing human skin.
I deeply pity that family and wish there was a way to liberate them from the whole sordid mess.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (StewartWilson1992 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 13:59)
Do normal people in the US even care about the royal baby's arrival? From what I have observed the US news outlets are getting even more excited about it than the British TV media.

If the news outlets believe there is ratings to be had they will hype anything up. As for normal US people, I'd say the majority of us don't care. But not caring doesn't mean it's possible to avoid the media coverage unless you try really hard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users