Photo

11-Year-Old Yemeni Girl Nada Al-Ahdal Flees Home t

98 replies to this topic
Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:12)
QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 12:10)
Well, since you're religious and I am not, I will say that in my opinion, Islam was man made. Every book has an author, every religion has one as well. It's not hard to fool the people when the only source of new knowledge is self discovery/word of mouth.

Fair enough, I respect your opinion mate.
Good luck to you.

Great. Now see, that was civil. Thank you very much for your insight and I'm very happy to see that you're proactive in the Islamic community. (bārak allāh fīk)

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Ss4gogeta0 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 10:08)
QUOTE (sivispacem @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:01)
I do love the way any topic of this nature just ends up degenerating into a poorly informed diatribe against Islam. Because it's not as if forced marriage exists in Sikh, Hindu, Christian and secular states and societies is it? Oh, wait, yes it does.

actually I am trying to prevent such a thing from happening... but nice to know that you want to start a religion based war through judgement of a post. it really shows the type of person you are...

Pinche Maricon!

Sorry, what the f*ck are you talking about? I was pointing out that forced marriage is a cultural and societal issue separate of religion, and those in the thread who use it to condemn Islam in particular are completely ignorant of the realities of the issue and it's presence even in forced secular or other non-religiously-derived societies like Kymer Rouge era Cambodia and Myanmar over the last couple of decades.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:14)
I do love the way any topic of this nature just ends up degenerating into a poorly informed diatribe against Islam. Because it's not as if forced marriage exists in Sikh, Hindu, Christian and secular states and societies is it? Oh, wait, yes it does.

actually I am trying to prevent such a thing from happening... but nice to know that you want to start a religion based war through judgement of a post. it really shows the type of person you are...

Pinche Maricon!

Sorry, what the f*ck are you talking about? I was pointing out that forced marriage is a cultural and societal issue separate of religion, and those in the thread who use it to condemn Islam in particular are completely ignorant of the realities of the issue and it's presence even in forced secular or other non-religiously-derived societies like Kymer Rouge era Cambodia and Myanmar over the last couple of decades.

You've got this gigantic stick lodged so far up there your prostate gland has a splinter. Your thoughts are very intriguing and I enjoy your posts, but you're not being very nice.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:48)
Don't hate Islam, hate people.

Hate people? That's your advice? You brainless f*ckin' nonentity.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:21)

Don't think he meant overall, I think he meant it specifically this situation. Direct your hate from the religion to the people using it for evil.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 12:21)

Can someone please, give me a valid enough reason, not to hate this piece of sh*te that is wasting oxygen?

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:24)

Can someone please, give me a valid enough reason, not to hate this piece of sh*te that is wasting oxygen?

Please don't turn this thread into chaos. I would hate it if not everyone had the chance to see it.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 12:25)
QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:24)

Please don't turn this thread into chaos. I would hate it if not everyone had the chance to see it.

I'm sorry for derailing your thread, Leone.
But if he's too dumb to acknowledge a metaphorical sentence or fully understand the meaning of my post, then he shouldn't quote and start flamewars.

I'll respectfully leave this thread, for Leone.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

You don't need to leave but I'm glad you're being the bigger man. I hope to update the OP regularly, with reactions from any media outlets. For reference, here's the Islamic reddit section.

http://www.reddit.co..._flees_home_to/

Most people are echoing Sleepy's statement about how this issue is not relevant to Islam.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 10:15)
QUOTE (sivispacem @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:14)

Pinche Maricon!

You've got this gigantic stick lodged so far up there your prostate gland has a splinter. Your thoughts are very intriguing and I enjoy your posts, but you're not being very nice.

I'm merely questioning why someone appears to have an issue with my comments when as far as I can tell I'm agreeing with them? If there's anyone whose brutally sodomised themselves with the wrong end of the stick, it's Ss4gogeta0.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:10)
QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:07)
Yes, it is unsettling, you got no idea how many times I were about to wage into physical fights with people at my school because we disagreed with each other, even teachers as well.
You have to understand that PEOPLE are the ones doing this, NOT Islam. (P.S. I support any religion out there, I don't blame religion, I blame people).

If I were to read a Jack The Ripper book (which I did), and I'd go around killing prostitutes, would you blame ME or the BOOK that /I/ /read/ before going on these rampages?
Honestly now.

If I were older and had money, trust me I'd adopt or even donate to this little girl.

Well, since you're religious and I am not, I will say that in my opinion, Islam was man made. Every book has an author, every religion has one as well. It's not hard to fool the people when the only source of new knowledge is self discovery/word of mouth.

I lost my faith in god when I was a child. my father abused me mentally, emotionally, and physically due to me not being the son he wanted... I used to pray that my dad would stop hitting me and that he would be happy for me.., he never did... Iafter a while I started to pray for a death that never came and eventually just gave up and accepted the life i have... I never forgot the reason for doing what he does that he told my stepmother... He wanted to break me down and rebuild me in his own image...

We all have our own personal god we rely on when we are having a troubled time to give us the strength to move on in life... no matter what anyone says, it lives within your heart. It doesnt matter about religion, because that god is anything you want it to be... and holy hell i am soo tired... good night

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

Just looking out for the threads survival, that's all. I don't really care about what you say, I just don't want the thread to get locked. Just keep that in mind. I know your posts are valuable, and I hope I didn't seem rude.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:33)
Just looking out for the threads survival, that's all. I don't really care about what you say, I just don't want the thread to get locked. Just keep that in mind. I know your posts are valuable, and I hope I didn't seem rude.

its ok... yea i think this thread is going to die after that though

Emhyr
  • Emhyr

Dragon Age

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Religion is poison. Stay strong little girl. I hope she finds happines and way to escape from this backward society. I know this is not necessarily connected to religion but it's silly to say don't hate religion. Religion allows much more gruesome stuff then this, so yes I'll continue to hate religion, better then to hate believers.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

That's hideous that they would marry that little girl off to a grown ass man. f*cking pitiful. And then threaten to kill her if she doesn't comply? Those parents need to experience some forced gender reassignment.

And I refuse to believe that Islam makes them do that sh*t. That's just them being ignorant and cruel. f*cking extremists always have to deface the entire religion. Same thing happens with Christianity by way of ultraconservative backwards bastards who, if left up to them, would bring America back to the 1950's without a second thought because "that's the way it should be".

f*ck "fundamentalists", man.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:39 PM Edited by zoo3891, 23 July 2013 - 06:47 AM.

QUOTE (Username482 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 13:41)
Religion is poison.

I know this is not necessarily connected to religion but it's silly to say don't hate religion. Religion allows much more gruesome stuff then this, so yes I'll continue to hate religion, better then to hate believers.

It's not about religion, it's about infringing human rights. Like sivispacem said, human rights violations transcend religion, and focusing all of your hate on religion is poisoning your mind. Religion also gives people's lives direction and meaning, and ultimately it usually does more good than harm by inspiring charity and kindness in the general population (or as certain people would call them, idiots sarcasm.gif ).

editing out my stupid cat metaphor. confused.gif

Emhyr
  • Emhyr

Dragon Age

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 20:39)
QUOTE (Username482 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 13:41)
Religion is poison.

I know this is not necessarily connected to religion but it's silly to say don't hate religion. Religion allows much more gruesome stuff then this, so yes I'll continue to hate religion, better then to hate believers.

It's not about religion, it's about infringing human rights. Like sivispacem said, human rights violations transcend religion, and focusing all of your hate on religion is poisoning your mind. Religion also gives people's lives direction and meaning, and ultimately it usually does more good than harm by inspiring charity and kindness in the general population (or as certain people would call them, idiots sarcasm.gif ).

A cat can hold an infectious disease, or it can be adorable. You shouldn't start to dislike the cat until it starts foaming at the mouth, and then you should do your best to cure it.

First of all I'm an ex-muslim so you don't have to play that islamophobia card on me. I know enough about Islam to consider that religion as harmful. I've read enough about it. And yes, there are good stuff in every religion and there are "good" people everywhere, however the core of religion such as Islam is total domination over every human being on this planet, and there's absolutely no way that Muslims will accept your lifestyle because it's against their rules. You know that very well, but your liberal spirit wont let you think clearly. If I'm not mistaken you're also gay, so I don't understand why are you trying to protect the religion which orders you to be killed. We both know that's bullsh*t, but they don't care. And there's no way that Muslims will change their views on this topic. Islam is not as weak as Christianity, it wont change. And people will suffer ...

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Lamentably not every girl threatened with forceful marriage has the mental capacities of this girl, and often times perceive it as normal as they simply don't know any better. With dire consequences. But one must not misconstrue this for a purely Islam issue, it happens all over. Luckily secular-west influences are penetrating the thick concrete wall that is the centuries old cultural and religious values of these areas, through the younger generations. Completely eradicating these practices seems wishful thinking at best though, as even in the very secular West that inspires girls like this, forced marriage although on a minute scale in comparison to the rest of the world, is still a thing.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Username482 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 21:15)
First of all I'm an ex-muslim so you don't have to play that islamophobia card on me. I know enough about Islam to consider that religion as harmful. I've read enough about it. And yes, there are good stuff in every religion and there are "good" people everywhere, however the core of religion such as Islam is total domination over every human being on this planet, and there's absolutely no way that Muslims will accept your lifestyle because it's against their rules. You know that very well, but your liberal spirit wont let you think clearly. If I'm not mistaken you're also gay, so I don't understand why are you trying to protect the religion which orders you to be killed. We both know that's bullsh*t, but they don't care. And there's no way that Muslims will change their views on this topic. Islam is not as weak as Christianity, it wont change. And people will suffer ...

This is why democracy and Islam will never mesh, Islam is all about domination and submission, the masses aren't meant to have a voice in this culture.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

I love how people completely ignored the fact that the girl's teacher and her uncle (the ones that SAVED her) are Muslim themselves.

Yes, believe it or not, most Muslims are good people.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:45 AM Edited by sivispacem, 23 July 2013 - 06:48 AM.

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 00:53)
This is why democracy and Islam will never mesh, Islam is all about domination and submission, the masses aren't meant to have a voice in this culture.

Islam no. Islamism, AKA political Islam, yes. Senegal and Indonesia are both democratic but majority Muslim.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 00:39)
I love how people completely ignored the fact that the girl's teacher and her uncle (the ones that SAVED her) are Muslim themselves.

And even the government themselves (who is know as extreme Islamic) is protecting and helping the girl.

but you know what they say: "When we do right, nobody sees it. When we do wrong, nobody forgets it."

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Username482 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 20:41)
Religion is poison. Stay strong little girl. I hope she finds happines and way to escape from this backward society. I know this is not necessarily connected to religion but it's silly to say don't hate religion. Religion allows much more gruesome stuff then this, so yes I'll continue to hate religion, better then to hate believers.

This is basically my take on this too.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Username482 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 17:41)

My respects to you, sir. That is exactly what I think.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:50)
QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:42)
Well, in this particular case, not just the islamism supports these forced marriages...

Something that really angers me is that, at least in some countries like Morocco, if an underage girl is raped, the agressor can get away if he marries her.

That's also a law in Deuteronomy if my memory serves me right.

Yeah it's Deuteronomy. We made a short drama film with heavy reference to it called 50 Shekels.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 00:39)

indeed, i am dating a muslim and she is the most wonderful person in my life

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Wait, they really get away with marrying 11 year-olds over there? mercie_blink.gif

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Child marriage? I am speechless, I saw this on National Geographic, on the programme Taboo, they revealed the child marriage that has been occurring in India's villages for many years, it's just... Pathetic.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 18:02)
Wait, they really get away with marrying 11 year-olds over there? mercie_blink.gif

Over there where exactly? This sh*t doesn't happen all over the Middle East, lol. Not even 5%. Her parents are Bedouins.

And no, they don't get away with it unless its kept a secret. You will get beat up if people found out you're married to a child.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

dayum son i'd tap dat ass

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users