Photo

11-Year-Old Yemeni Girl Nada Al-Ahdal Flees Home t

98 replies to this topic
Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Ss4gogeta0 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:26)
QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:20)
Someone would love to adopt that beautiful girl, you've just got to find that someone.

meh i wouldn't mind adopting but the fact that im not even twice her age along with the fact i have autism probably wouldnt work...

You have autism? Wouldn't have ever guessed. Don't let autism hold you back, man.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:10)
Instead of warring with the East, the West should send out more humanitarian organizations for stuff like these. =|

And how does that work exactly?

We can free the people from a particular tyrant. However we cannot free them from the despotism of their own culture without utterly destroying it and starting over.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:33 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 22 July 2013 - 08:35 AM.

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:27)
QUOTE (Ss4gogeta0 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:26)
QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:20)
Someone would love to adopt that beautiful girl, you've just got to find that someone.

meh i wouldn't mind adopting but the fact that im not even twice her age along with the fact i have autism probably wouldnt work...

You have autism? Wouldn't have ever guessed. Don't let autism hold you back, man.

too be honest, im surprised no one has noticed it sooner due to my modding habits... but dont worry it doesnt hold me back much, I consider it to be a strength more than a weakness...

anyway as far as the girl goes, she should seek asylum somewhere. I hate that she has been put into such a situation at such a young age...

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:32)
Instead of warring with the East, the West should send out more humanitarian organizations for stuff like these. =|

We can free the people from a particular tyrant. However we cannot free them from the despotism of their own culture without utterly destroying it and starting over.

You'd need to pull the plant by the roots, I agree. The only way to fix this massive problem is to dismantle the system they've implemented and modernize it.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:33)

You'd need to pull the plant by the roots, I agree. The only way to fix this massive problem is to dismantle the system they've implemented and modernize it.

although modernization may not be the only/best solution. think more along the lines of regulations and moderation

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (Ss4gogeta0 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:37)
QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:33)

although modernization may not be the only/best solution. think more along the lines of regulations and moderation

I wasn't even thinking that far. Even applying simple modern governmental practices would be a step forward.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 11:32)

So, people can do anything in this world but can't do something in regards of the East?
Seems legit.
I am done on this matter. Don't even bother to reply because I know I won't reply back.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

But man, I've gotta admit, the more and more I think about this the more I get a sense of hatred for Islam. I hate to have a stance like that, but it's manifested itself into an actual feeling of hatred. Unwarranted hatred, maybe, but seeing this crap happen worldwide makes me even more less tolerant towards religion.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

Don't hate Islam, hate people.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:48)

People created Islam, so it's hard not to hate the spawn of something I hate.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:44)
But man, I've gotta admit, the more and more I think about this the more I get a sense of hatred for Islam. I hate to have a stance like that, but it's manifested itself into an actual feeling of hatred. Unwarranted hatred, maybe, but seeing this crap happen worldwide makes me even more less tolerant towards religion.

do not hate a religion because the people abuse it to satisfy themselves... Hate those whom are corrupted by greed and power

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Ss4gogeta0 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:50)

do not hate a religion because the people abuse it to satisfy themselves... Hate those whom are corrupted by greed and power

Again, it cancels itself out, as Islam is man made.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:52 AM Edited by Sleepy187., 22 July 2013 - 08:55 AM.

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 11:49)
QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:48)

People created Islam, so it's hard not to hate the spawn of something I hate.

Except people didn't create Islam, I suggest you study about Islam then claim stuff like these.
God created Islam and the word of Islam was spread throughout the prophet, then many years later all of those teachings were arranged and created into the book called Qur'an.

Also, if you're interested.

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
According to Islamic law (sharia), marriage cannot be forced.

Source:
http://www.institute...r-jamal-badawi/
It is also in my religion book (I studied in Arabic language and school), marriage can't be forced onto women, nor the partner, she has the free will to choose who she wants to marry.

And many other.

Go research before claiming stuff without researching please.

@rudy, sorry for being an arsehole before, but there are a lot of stuff the West can do.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

And that's how I started. Now I think it's a disease we should get rid of if we want the world and society to progress. Just take a look at the world, the half of the conflicts of the world seems to have a religion motivation behind.

About the guy who said that about sending humanitarian orgazations, how do they pretend the western to send any aid if either the members of these organizations are kidnapped or killed, or after helping these countries they turn the back on the west and radicalize even more.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

Honestly, if that's your counter argument then I'm done. I respectfully withdraw from the discussion and the only thing I have to say is good luck to you.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:57 AM Edited by Sleepy187., 22 July 2013 - 09:00 AM.

OF course, why would you accept my words as a /possible/ truth, when all you want to do is hate and hate.
I read Hitler's meinkampf, do you see me rampaging? No.
Others read Hitler's meinkampf, do they rampage? Yes. Can you blame the book? No.

Honestly, I respect your decisions and such, but first research into it.
With all due respect sir,

I wish you a good day.

P.S. If you want, I can take a picture of my religion book where it talks about marriage and woman rights in Islam, and take it to your local mosque and sheikh who SPEAKS Arabic and let him explain it to you.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Well, if there wasn't any book, there couldn't be any people following it, right?

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:52)
@rudy, sorry for being an arsehole before, but there are a lot of stuff the West can do.

Yeah, like what excatly? What's in it for us? What do we have to offer them that has value to them?

Even if we send humanitarian orgazations there, like you said, they'd be all like " We don't need your help if it means giving up our beliefs. f*ck off, thanks."

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:57)
OF course, why would you accept my words as a /possible/ truth, when all you want to do is hate and hate.
I read Hitler's meinkampf, do you see me rampaging? No.
Others read Hitler's meinkampf, do they rampage? Yes. Can you blame the book? No.

Honestly, I respect your decisions and such, but first research into it.
With all due respect sir,

I wish you a good day.

I'm by no means a hateful person and you judging me that way is a poor attempt at leverage that you don't need. I was by no means being hostile. The argument would have gone in circles. Your proof was the word of the Quran which by default is meaningless to me.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:51)
QUOTE (Ss4gogeta0 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:50)

Again, it cancels itself out, as Islam is man made.

it was man made but you need to understand that it was made for a time when forced marriages were accepted worldwide and there was no such thing as underage laws and social media.
I cant say that the original religion was maee with pure intentions but I can say that it was made as a model in which to help people better themselves, and was not ment to be taken so seriously (much like christianity)...

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

I do love the way any topic of this nature just ends up degenerating into a poorly informed diatribe against Islam. Because it's not as if forced marriage exists in Sikh, Hindu, Christian and secular states and societies is it? Oh, wait, yes it does.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

QUOTE (rudy. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 11:59)

Yeah, like what excatly? What's in it for us? What do we have to offer them that has value to them?

Even if we send humanitarian orgazations there, like you said, they'd be all like " We don't need your help if it means giving up our beliefs. f*ck off, thanks."

If the West doesn't want to help the East into progressing then they should stop complaining about them as well, no?

There are many many ways on how they can help, for example, teach and open the eyes of those who are willing to, many of the youngins are brainwashed into these stuff.

You have to understand that not everyone is like this. confused.gif

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

QUOTE (rudy. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:59)

OR they shoot them up. Just take a look at Pakistan and how these medics that are send to help and vacunate people are killed by the islamists.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:01)
I do love the way any topic of this nature just ends up degenerating into a poorly informed diatribe against Islam. Because it's not as if forced marriage exists in Sikh, Hindu, Christian and secular states and societies is it? Oh, wait, yes it does.

This post was like pouring gasoline on a fire. You don't need to make a statement like this. Don't put users in that mentality, we're all on the same page and we all agree this girl deserves whatever form of help this new found fame will give her.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Again, take my word as truth if you want, if not, I will take a picture of my religion book that they taught us, which is in Arabic, and take it to someone who reads and fully understands Arabic to translate it for you.

ISLAM DOES NOT condone forced marriages, a woman has the rights to choose who she wants to marry and when. -_-

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:03)
Again, take my word as truth if you want, if not, I will take a picture of my religion book that they taught us, which is in Arabic, and take it to someone who reads and fully understands Arabic to translate it for you.

ISLAM DOES NOT condone forced marriages, a woman has the rights to choose who she wants to marry and when. -_-

I did not deny that at all. I'm well aware of this. You missed the entire point of my post. Islam is used as a scapegoat, but when people represent Islam in this form/fashion it is unsettling.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

Yes, it is unsettling, you got no idea how many times I were about to wage into physical fights with people at my school because we disagreed with each other, even teachers as well.
You have to understand that PEOPLE are the ones doing this, NOT Islam. (P.S. I support any religion out there, I don't blame religion, I blame people).

If I were to read a Jack The Ripper book (which I did), and I'd go around killing prostitutes, would you blame ME or the BOOK that /I/ /read/ before going on these rampages?
Honestly now.

If I were older and had money, trust me I'd adopt or even donate to this little girl.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:01)

actually I am trying to prevent such a thing from happening... but nice to know that you want to start a religion based war through judgement of a post. it really shows the type of person you are...

Pinche Maricon!

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:07)
Yes, it is unsettling, you got no idea how many times I were about to wage into physical fights with people at my school because we disagreed with each other, even teachers as well.
You have to understand that PEOPLE are the ones doing this, NOT Islam. (P.S. I support any religion out there, I don't blame religion, I blame people).

If I were to read a Jack The Ripper book (which I did), and I'd go around killing prostitutes, would you blame ME or the BOOK that /I/ /read/ before going on these rampages?
Honestly now.

If I were older and had money, trust me I'd adopt or even donate to this little girl.

Well, since you're religious and I am not, I will say that in my opinion, Islam was man made. Every book has an author, every religion has one as well. It's not hard to fool the people when the only source of new knowledge is self discovery/word of mouth.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 12:10)
Well, since you're religious and I am not, I will say that in my opinion, Islam was man made. Every book has an author, every religion has one as well. It's not hard to fool the people when the only source of new knowledge is self discovery/word of mouth.

Fair enough, I respect your opinion mate.
Good luck to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users