» «
Photo

11-Year-Old Yemeni Girl Nada Al-Ahdal Flees Home t

98 replies to this topic
Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:53 AM Edited by Mr_Leone, 22 July 2013 - 06:31 AM.

11-Year-Old Yemeni Girl Nada Al-Ahdal Flees Home to Avoid Forced Marriage: I'd Rather Kill Myself

Thanks to K2 for editing my post so the video would appear.

I don't know if this is weird or not but I think she'll be very pretty as she gets older. Certainly an adorable kid. It's unfortunate that this is happening. She is very well spoken and smart so I believe in her, I hope this goes viral like crazy.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

Brave kid. It's sad what kids in some parts of the world have to go through. Makes me appreciate my childhood even more.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 22 July 2013 - 06:13 AM.

This has been happening a lot. I just hope it all works out.

Edit: That's a badass language. Definitely need to learn that sh*t icon14.gif

AKalashnikov
  • AKalashnikov

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

The man she's being set up with is probably just that, a man. It reminds me of a prophet of Islam and an even younger girl. I hope she pulls through, she really seems wise beyond her years.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

I really hope this catches on. I want this girl to change the world. I have this weird feeling that this video's going to be a big deal.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Impressive.

Please don't force the journalists to return the child.

(That's just what I think is going to happen... don't yell)

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:27)
I really hope this catches on. I want this girl to change the world. I have this weird feeling that this video's going to be a big deal.

Let's hope it goes viral. Stop this kind of thing happening.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:31)
Impressive.

I respect your opinion, but I think you're underrating what the internet can achieve here. Thanks for sharing a different perspective though. It's certainly a possibility, but I hope it doesn't end that way.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:32)

You could deploy a whole army there and these things would still continue...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

The concept of a forced marriage really pisses me off. Call it ignorance or whatever you want, but I believe that a woman has a right to choose who they want to be with, not their folks.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 23:33)
Impressive.

I respect your opinion, but I think you're underrating what the internet can achieve here. Thanks for sharing a different perspective though. It's certainly a possibility, but I hope it doesn't end that way.

Well we did get the Xbox 1's restrictions reversed. I can totally see the internet pulling another one and freeing the kid should that happen.

It must be the future. The internet has finally become a Commons area per say for everyone's opinions to be expressed in one convenient spot.

I'm done posting for the night. I'm starting to get stupid.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:35)
QUOTE (Valenta @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:32)

You could deploy a whole army there and these things would still continue...

I feel the same way. I can't tell if we're not helping enough or the Islamic fundamentalists are stubborn.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:37)
QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 23:33)
Impressive.

Well we did get the Xbox 1's restrictions reversed. I can totally see the internet pulling another one and freeing the kid should that happen.

It must be the future. The internet has finally become a Commons area per say for everyone's opinions to be expressed in one convenient spot.

I'm done posting for the night. I'm starting to get stupid.

I see what you mean.Maybe I'm overrating the magnitude of change we can make, but I think of what happened to the bullied bus lady, who received like $100,000 from an online donation campaign.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

Just saw this too.

There's no possible way that you can justify their doings. Words cannot describe how angry I am at this, at the parent, and at any other people who have forced their children into this, which I know is something that occurs a lot in Arabic countries.

f*cking disgusting.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:45)
Just saw this too.

There's no possible way that you can justify their doings. Words cannot describe how angry I am at this, at the parent, and at any other people who have forced their children into this, which I know is something that occurs a lot in Arabic countries.

f*cking disgusting.

The girl is so innocent. I almost feel a parental instinct to protect her, and I'm not even of age.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

What a brave person. I don't know if it is just me, but I have a feeling this young girl is capable of achieving great things. Let's hope that all goes well for her. Hopefully the winds of change will blow all around the world one day, for the betterment of humanity and all life whether it be on earth or elsewhere. smile.gif

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (018361 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:03)
What a brave person. I don't know if it is just me, but I have a feeling this young girl is capable of achieving great things. Let's hope that all goes well for her. Hopefully the winds of change will blow all around the world one day, for the betterment of humanity and all life whether it be on earth or elsewhere. smile.gif

I'm glad I even reached out to the GTAForums community about this issue. Any exposure helps.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:24 AM Edited by Sleepy187., 22 July 2013 - 07:39 AM.

/sigh When will the ignorance and stupidity of Islamists stop? I'm so ashamed to share the same religion as them. =[
Sorry little girl. I wish I could help, if there is anything.. Let me know, I'd do anything!

Translation is also correct. icon14.gif

@Grand Theft Savage: That's the Arabic language. =]
@Universetwisters: In the real religion of Islam, the woman has the freedom to choose who she wishes to marry with, not like the internet portrays it out to be. And I studied this in the last year of high school.
f*ck these extremists, makes me sick to my stomach.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 12:06)
The concept of a forced marriage really pisses me off. Call it ignorance or whatever you want, but I believe that a woman has a right to choose who they want to be with, not their folks.

Why the f*ck am I going to call it "ignorance"? You're right!

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:37)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 12:06)

Why the f*ck am I going to call it "ignorance"? You're right!

Damn right!

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

Well, in this particular case, not just the islamism supports these forced marriages...

Something that really angers me is that, at least in some countries like Morocco, if an underage girl is raped, the agressor can get away if he marries her.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:42)
Well, in this particular case, not just the islamism supports these forced marriages...

Something that really angers me is that, at least in some countries like Morocco, if an underage girl is raped, the agressor can get away if he marries her.

That's also a law in Deuteronomy if my memory serves me right.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

i vote for her as prime minister. she seems to have more brains then 75% [or more] of the population.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

An 11 year old shouldn't be this insightful. She should be talking about ponies and Justin Bieber.

Hopefully she comes out of this a strong person, but sadly the cost of which will be her childhood.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:02)
An 11 year old shouldn't be this insightful. She should be talking about ponies and Justin Bieber.

Hopefully she comes out of this a strong person, but sadly the cost of which will be her childhood.

Well, what she's seen in her life is probably something we wouldn't be able to imagine. She talked about her 14 year old aunt burning herself alive. dozingoff.gif

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Instead of warring with the East, the West should send out more humanitarian organizations for stuff like these. =|

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:10)
Instead of warring with the East, the West should send out more humanitarian organizations for stuff like these. =|

It looks like a death sentence over there.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:17 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 22 July 2013 - 08:22 AM.

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:24)
/sigh When will the ignorance and stupidity of Islamists stop? I'm so ashamed to share the same religion as them. =[
Sorry little girl. I wish I could help, if there is anything.. Let me know, I'd do anything!

Translation is also correct. icon14.gif

@Grand Theft Savage: That's the Arabic language. =]
@Universetwisters: In the real religion of Islam, the woman has the freedom to choose who she wishes to marry with, not like the internet portrays it out to be. And I studied this in the last year of high school.
f*ck these extremists, makes me sick to my stomach.

well, other than nything short of adopting her I am not sure there is anyway you can help...

and yea i hate how people stick to thousand year old traditions that arent viable in these changing times, its as if they are so scared of change that they would offer their own flesh and blood to prevent it from happening...

- educated Blaxican from the ghettos of killa kali

also for those who dont understand why shes a deep thinker (For lack of a better term)... With Pain comes knoweledge & Intellect.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Someone would love to adopt that beautiful girl, you've just got to find that someone.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:20)
Someone would love to adopt that beautiful girl, you've just got to find that someone.

meh i wouldn't mind adopting but the fact that im not even twice her age along with the fact i have autism probably wouldnt work...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users