Photo

Breaking Bad & GTA V

182 replies to this topic
CallanGTA
  • CallanGTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

People seem to be forgetting that Breaking Bad is a TV show with a metacritic rating of 99, or the fact that it's a TV show.

Breaking Bad fans aren't stupid, I never liked
[Ba] until I watched it, but it has a lot of links with kind of GTA stuff, unless your in it because you like golf.

T.P.E
  • T.P.E

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:50)
The only reason these people are hating on successful and popular shows is because for some reason hating popular things makes you cool, it's a trend I noticed when I was in highschool. So, whatever, let them "break away from the mold" and hate popular shows for a dumb reason.

On another note: Really? You guys are using fanboy as an insult on a forum for FANBOYS of GTA to discuss sh*t? You know how hypocritical that is, right? Why should anyone even regard any point you make about sh*t like this if you can't even avoid hypocrisy? You should also go learn some f*cking tact and manners before you cry about how somebody likes a show you don't. Yes, these threads are annoying but you don't have to be rude about it.

Well said icon14.gif

T.P.E
  • T.P.E

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 05:35)
QUOTE (Fallout3 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 05:28)
I love Breaking Bad but I don't get the point of this.

The point is that breaking fag fanboys are under the impression that methamphetamine wasn't made before the show came out. Combine that belief with the fact that trevor is a filthy crack head, there are trailers in the game as well as deserts and you get all of them being absolutely sure that the drug trade in V will circle around BB refrences.

What a pile of poo!

I love the show but been doing meth waaay ago, years before breaking bad. I believe the film Rush introduced anyone who didnt know bout meth to the whole cook scene, not BB!!! Jesus I bet half the haters not even seen the show cos although meth is a main feature its really not what the shows about. Its more about Life , Family , Death , Morales. And Im sure from the trailers GTAV is gonna be pretty similar in that aspect colgate.gif

CallanGTA
  • CallanGTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

The only reason these people are hating on successful and popular shows is because for some reason hating popular things makes you cool, it's a trend I noticed when I was in highschool. So, whatever, let them "break away from the mold" and hate popular shows for a dumb reason

On another note: Really? You guys are using fanboy as an insult on a forum for FANBOYS of GTA to discuss sh*t? You know how hypocritical that is, right? Why should anyone even regard any point you make about sh*t like this if you can't even avoid hypocrisy? You should also go learn some f*cking tact and manners before you cry about how somebody likes a show you don't. Yes, these threads are annoying but you don't have to be rude about it.

user posted image

wiremu_pickering
  • wiremu_pickering

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

lol @ the ppl hating on a show because its popular...

You do realise your on a forum, talking and getting pumped for one of the MOST popular games in the world? oh the irony

silly ppl

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

The only reason these people are hating on successful and popular shows is because for some reason hating popular things makes you cool, it's a trend I noticed when I was in highschool. So, whatever, let them "break away from the mold" and hate popular shows for a dumb reason.

Nah, it was overhyped by the media. All the time the same situations are repeated so it gets boring, I couldn't feel any sympathy for almost any of the characters; by 3rd Season I left it... So, after that, my opinion is that the show is overrated. It has some good scenes, though the situations sometimes are just plain pointless.

Dr Zoidburg
  • Dr Zoidburg

woop woop woop!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Yes, these threads are annoying

Agreed icon14.gif

T.P.E
  • T.P.E

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:05)
Yes, these threads are annoying

Agreed icon14.gif

Here's a tip smile.gif
When you see a thread you think is annoying , rather than post in it, simply dont even open it. You should try it sometimes , works for me smile.gif

spookymulder
  • spookymulder

Say My Name

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (GTAVAu @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 05:12)
user posted image

I love how someone stole my art darkened it, then changed the logo's around :|

Dr Zoidburg
  • Dr Zoidburg

woop woop woop!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (wiremu_pickering @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:04)

I do not like the show because its poorly written, poorly directed, poorly acted and just plain boring.

I do not dislike it simply because its popular. Im not some stupid teenager that is incapable of forming my own opinion.

And to the people who tell us to basically shut up because we don't have boners for thier most holy of television shows and tell us that they can say what they want because this is a forum - I will remind you that that sword swings both ways. If you can spout your verbal masturbation for the show, then we can spout our disgust for it.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:05)

Nah, it was overhyped by the media. All the time the same situations are repeated so it gets boring, I couldn't feel any sympathy for almost any of the characters; by 3rd Season I left it... So, after that, my opinion is that the show is overrated. It has some good scenes, though the situations sometimes are just plain pointless.

Well, there are obviously a few exceptions to what I said. However, you can tell who the haters are who just hate things for dumb reasons apart from people like you, who have tried the show and not liked it. Mostly because people who have tried something don't instantly go into asshole mode since they have a level of understanding, people who hate things without trying them just go straight to insults about the show and the fans.

spookymulder
  • spookymulder

Say My Name

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

I got two others of mine to add as well

user posted image

user posted image

MaddFool
  • MaddFool

Back in the Shark City

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

go f*ck yourself

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Welcome to GTAForums, the place where people hate Breaking Bad cause OMG GTA NEVER TAKES FROM ANYTHING, GTA IS DA BESt, EVERYTHING ELSE IS sh*t!!11!!!!

I can see why SOME certain members here would not like Breaking Bad though, it shows crime done the smart way with emotional consequences and human interaction, not the ghetto YO MAN IMMA BUST YOU UP way which I can say for certain a LOT of members in this section think is how life should be. It's kinda the anti-Ghetto show. tounge.gif

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

I love Breaking Bad, But it's Grand Theft Auto. Just because Trevor's in the drug game, doesn't mean there automatically has to be a breaking bad reference.

OG-ZION10
  • OG-ZION10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:16)
QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:05)

Well, there are obviously a few exceptions to what I said. However, you can tell who the haters are who just hate things for dumb reasons apart from people like you, who have tried the show and not liked it. Mostly because people who have tried something don't instantly go into asshole mode since they have a level of understanding, people who hate things without trying them just go straight to insults about the show and the fans.

Exactly icon14.gif

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:39)
QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:04)
QUOTE (ChatterBoxFM @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 05:37)
QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 21:35)
QUOTE (Fallout3 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 05:28)
I love Breaking Bad but I don't get the point of this.

The point is that breaking fag fanboys are under the impression that methamphetamine wasn't made before the show came out. Combine that belief with the fact that trevor is a filthy crack head, there are trailers in the game as well as deserts and you get all of them being absolutely sure that the drug trade in V will circle around BB refrences.

GTA has always incorporated classic pop culture icons into missions.
Blitz Play = Heat (1995)

Why not with Breaking Bad?

It is a little much with all the threads about it though.

Your right, but BB is not "classic" pop culture. Its modern, over exposed, over done and over hyped garbage. I severely hope that we won't be inundated with BB sh*t.

user posted image

That overrated bullsh*t can suck my dick. They think they invented everything...

No they don't.

It's a great series, just because some of the fans are annoying doesn't make it bad.

Not trying to sound like a fanboy but BB is good, great acting, great diversity(not just cooking meth all the time), great story, realistic events(sort of).
Anyone saying it's bad "just because" is stupid in my eyes, sure you can dislike the story and stuff but that doesn't make it a bad series.

Ont: This has already been brought up before, we'll see when it comes out.

uShield
  • uShield

Ready To Defend

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (ChatterBoxFM @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 05:22)
QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 21:22)
God I hate all these stupid breaking bad fanboys.

icon14.gif

icon14.gif icon14.gif

/thread

wiremu_pickering
  • wiremu_pickering

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 08:15)
i will remind you that that sword swings both ways. If you can spout your verbal masturbation for the show, then we can spout our disgust for it.

wow I wasn't praising anything dude, and sorry if I got it wrong about why you didn't like it.

Its all good not to like things. I just got the wrong impressions on why, peace. I enjoy BB but I don't need or want references

Allrakalla
  • Allrakalla

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

James could be like Jesse Pinkman where some old depressed guy takes him under his wing to cook meth. And when Michael finds out he kills the depressed guy. Could be cool minor story plot with only minor refernce.

But imo gta 5 should seek inspiration from the soranos ahead of breaking bad

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:17)
QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:00)
Your problem with Breaking Bad is that too many people like it too much?

Do you only listen to unsigned double underground Indy bands?

Are you insinuating that because I don't like the swill that calls itself breaking bad then I must not like ANY modern popular television shows?

I was implying that you didn't like it because it is too popular for you.

I thought I had made myself clear.

I thought your reasoning was thus due to this quote

"Its modern, over exposed, over done and over hyped garbage."

Wherein you list reasons you don't like it. All but one of which relate directly to it's popularity.

If you read more carefully next time you'll see that my reasons related directly to your quote.

Which was why I quoted you. That is how quotes generally work.

Dr Zoidburg
  • Dr Zoidburg

woop woop woop!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 12:15)
QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:17)
QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:00)
Your problem with Breaking Bad is that too many people like it too much?

Do you only listen to unsigned double underground Indy bands?

Are you insinuating that because I don't like the swill that calls itself breaking bad then I must not like ANY modern popular television shows?

I was implying that you didn't like it because it is too popular for you.

I thought I had made myself clear.

I thought your reasoning was thus due to this quote

"Its modern, over exposed, over done and over hyped garbage."

Wherein you list reasons you don't like it. All but one of which relate directly to it's popularity.

If you read more carefully next time you'll see that my reasons related directly to your quote.

Which was why I quoted you. That is how quotes generally work.

Ok, since you're such an unmitigated tool ill direct you to this post that I made:

I do not like the show because its poorly written, poorly directed, poorly acted and just plain boring.

I do not dislike it simply because its popular. Im not some stupid teenager that is incapable of forming my own opinion.

And to the people who tell us to basically shut up because we don't have boners for thier most holy of television shows and tell us that they can say what they want because this is a forum - I will remind you that that sword swings both ways. If you can spout your verbal masturbation for the show, then we can spout our disgust for it.

Hopefully this will clear up your rampant douchebaggery.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by Freezer89, 22 July 2013 - 12:42 PM.

^ Poorly written? Poorly directing? Poorly acted? Sorry, but are you f*ckin kidding me?

It obviously is not for everyone and yes it can be pretty boring but you can't possibly think that the acting and directing is bad? Especially the acting.

QUOTE (C4RR4NZ4 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:58)
I'm a fan of breaking bad, but I highly doubt there will be references from the show in the game... Lol

There are already several "references" seen in the trailer and screenshots. However this is getting out of hand with all the "OMG BrBa REFERENCE AMIRITE GUIZE?"

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

I love Breaking Bad, but I really see no association to the game

allftw
  • allftw

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Sorry, but you're wrong.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

So Dr Zoidberg, what do you think is a well acted, well written and well directed show?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:15)

Seriously?
You can go f*ck yourself.

It's the best show of all time IMO. You just hate it because it's popular. Form your own f*cking opinion instead of other peoples opinion. Actually watch every episode and THEN say that. What do you consider good? angry.gif

On Topic: Great wallpaper and pics. There is already references to Breaking Bad such as the RV in Trailer 2.

TheLastKingofEngland
  • TheLastKingofEngland

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:25 PM Edited by TheLastKingofEngland, 22 July 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Troll spotted.

Show me a show with good writing, great directing, awesome acting and exciting, because BB is all of that.

This topic is filled to the top with trolls and hipsters it's quite funny. I'm guessing the countless awards and 99 on MC means nothing.

Gjones712
  • Gjones712

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Bunch of Negative Nancys here.

Vortexz0r
  • Vortexz0r

I dont care.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 05:22)
God I hate all these stupid breaking bad fanboys.

God I hate GTA Fanboys sly.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users