» «
Photo

New sub-section in The Lounge.

11 replies to this topic
gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:17 PM Edited by gtamad8, 21 July 2013 - 09:19 PM.

As you know there are alot of forum games in general chat and some people are unhappy with this, so my suggestion is to have a "forum games" subsection in the lounge and move all the current forum games to that section.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

AMF Associate

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Pretty good idea. But I don't how the forumgames are problems, just lock them if there is too many, but I don't think three active forumgames are "too many".

EDIT: Hameer should be the forum-mod for that section icon14.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

I don't agree with these forum games at all, and I don't think staff will either. What's the point of these games actually? Last time I checked one, it was that War game where everyone got confused and it ended up in a big mess. All these forum games are causing is spam and post count increase. I don't think such games are needed, nor such a section.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

I personally don't take huge part in forum games, but it would separate them from actual discussions in general chat and make everyone happy, On an old forum I used to be part of there were some pretty cool forum games like where you'd say one word then the next poster would say another word and it'd go like that plus I guess people would come up with other cool forum games. But it's just a suggestion because of these people getting pissed with the forum games in genchat

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

We don't need a whole new section just for these games. We have general chat for a reason, it's pretty much supposed to be an anything goes area. People like to complain about them because they think they do not offer discussion and are just there to spam and increase their post count, yet I notice the first few posts in the most recent one are 'stop with these topics' 'oh not another one' well this is spam as well you know and isn't any better than a one word answer to a forum game. They often end up locked, so a dedicated section just wouldn't work.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 21:30)
We don't need a whole new section just for these games. We have general chat for a reason, it's pretty much supposed to be an anything goes area. People like to complain about them because they think they do not offer discussion and are just there to spam and increase their post count, yet I notice the first few posts in the most recent one are 'stop with these topics' 'oh not another one' well this is spam as well you know and isn't any better than a one word answer to a forum game. They often end up locked, so a dedicated section just wouldn't work.

Ah fair enough, you might as well lock this then icon14.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 17:21)
I don't agree with these forum games at all, and I don't think staff will either. What's the point of these games actually? Last time I checked one, it was that War game where everyone got confused and it ended up in a big mess. All these forum games are causing is spam and post count increase. I don't think such games are needed, nor such a section.

So have it so it doesn't add to post count (if that's possible, I've heard it suggested for lots of suggested sub-forums).

Many forums have forum game sections to do just what the OP suggested (the Kongregate forums, the Minecraft forums, the xkcd forums, the Android forums, the Rooster Teeth forums, etc.). And the games are a way to have fun that users of the forum can create. happy.gif

Of course, like I suggested in one of the threads you guys could just do them at another forum.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

We don't like fun.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (Girish @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:10)
We don't like fun.

Stick to those forums that play your sily games then!

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

The Void

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:00 AM Edited by Hameer, 22 July 2013 - 04:53 PM.

I apologise for the game thread I made yesterday. I didn't knew they weren't allowed as I was not very active to the forums for the past few days and that many topics similar to my thread were locked. Again, sorry. This won't happen again. Thread has been locked as I requested it so no problem smile.gif icon14.gif

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Forum Games only get out of hand because people in derail the thread by getting pissy about the presence of the forum game if forum games had their own section this wouldn't happen.

Flynny
  • Flynny

16 5 5™

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 09:06)
Forum Games only get out of hand because people in derail the thread by getting pissy about the presence of the forum game if forum games had their own section this wouldn't happen.

it still would
people are pissy by nature

regardless I approve of this idea, that topic hameer made about the true or false next poster thing, I liked the idea of that, and the one where you say if you know the person above you, I like that too. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users