Photo

Forget Hangovers Patch Review!

17 replies to this topic
jfavignano
  • jfavignano

Aviation/Weather Nerd

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

This review is for those of you that are over the age of 21. I have tried out the "Forget Hangovers" patch that prevents you from having a nasty hangover the next day.

Price: $3.00 USD per patch

user posted image

Beginning of the night: I started off by drinking one glass of water before jumping into my drunkcapade, put the patch on my upper left bicep and then immediately let the vodka and orange juice flow. After I started to get use to the feeling of the patch applied to my arm I did notice a smell of vitamins (if you have ever smelled a bottle of vitamins) around the patch area but if this is the only thing that is a downside it was worth it. I was going through screwdrivers quite rapidly and wooo the buzz had kicked in. Let's set sail to drunksville USA population ME.

End of the Night:I was to the point of slurring but it was more of the type of drunk where you close your eyes and you feel like you are slightly tumbling forward. Keep in mind I did not drink to spins as that is non enjoyable for me on any occasion. I fell asleep around 3:30 am or so and drank NO water.

The Morning after: I woke up at 9 am pretty much on the head and rolled out of bed. I could simply not believe that I had NO major headache nor a queasy stomach. I did notice a very very small sensation of a headache but this is probably due to not having caffeine. After my first cup of coffee I had no evidence of drinking the bar dry last night. Every single time I have drank a lot of screwdrivers I always paid for it in the morning due to all the sugar and acid. I had a bit of heartburn but that was probably due to a bad choice of food I ate while being drunk. The smell of vitamins was still there and had protruded through my t-shirt. I don't mind the smell of it and definitely a good tradeoff for a sh*tty hangover. I believe I could have put the patch somewhere else on my body to make the scent much much weaker and farther away from my nose.

Let's wrap it up

So was it Placebo effect or did this really work? It worked for me regardless and I had a good time while not having to blurt the phrase "I am never drinking AGAIN!" So there you have it, my honest review.

Pros: NO Hangover!

Cons: Vitamin smell. Weird feeling of patch applied to skin (I am weird about stickers on me and my skin.)

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Meh, I normally chug some water with a couple of B-12 vitamin pills before I go to sleep and it does the trick for me

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

GTAF does product reviews?

jfavignano
  • jfavignano

Aviation/Weather Nerd

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 16:03)

No I did it for my fellow patrons of the forum. These are starting to get popular here in the states at least.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (jfavignano @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 10:04)

No I did it for my fellow patrons of the forum. These are starting to get popular here in the states at least.

And I thank you for doing so. I have never heard of this before. I may have to give it a shot this Saturday.... Party bus!

jfavignano
  • jfavignano

Aviation/Weather Nerd

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Nah Tso Gud @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 18:57)

And I thank you for doing so. I have never heard of this before. I may have to give it a shot this Saturday.... Party bus!

I highly recommend them, you can get em from amazon.com My roomate confirmed it was no placebo effect he drank to blacked out and suffers horrible hangovers and he felt great!

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Does this work for Coke and Strippers? I'm gonna be a busy guy this weekend. wink.gif

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:13 AM Edited by Nah Tso Gud, 22 July 2013 - 01:27 AM.

QUOTE (jfavignano @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 18:10)
QUOTE (Nah Tso Gud @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 18:57)

I highly recommend them, you can get em from amazon.com My roomate confirmed it was no placebo effect he drank to blacked out and suffers horrible hangovers and he felt great!

Cool. I think ill pick up a 6 pack of them - a little expensive at over 3 bucks a pop. But I'll probably trade the rest to my friends for a drink each haha.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

yeah or you could just not drink like an alcoholic tounge2.gif

I haven't had a hangover since college because I stopped drinking like a retard.
pace yourself and stop getting blackout-drunk.

jfavignano
  • jfavignano

Aviation/Weather Nerd

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 01:46)
yeah or you could just not drink like an alcoholic tounge2.gif

I haven't had a hangover since college because I stopped drinking like a retard.
pace yourself and stop getting blackout-drunk.

Yes this is true, I am 30 y/o so I haven't been able to drink to a good drunk in a long time. This is only occasional for me but the patch helps dealing with the aftermath haha. I still get hangovers if I have 4 beers and go to bed...ahh the joys of getting older.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Mordecai @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 11:30)
Does this work for Coke and Strippers? I'm gonna be a busy guy this weekend. wink.gif

Nope it definitely won't.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (jfavignano @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 20:24)
Yes this is true, I am 30 y/o so I haven't been able to drink to a good drunk in a long time. This is only occasional for me but the patch helps dealing with the aftermath haha. I still get hangovers if I have 4 beers and go to bed...ahh the joys of getting older.

well it's just funny to me.
the way people treat hangovers in this f*cked up, binge-drinking, culture we have in the US is totally backwards.

a hangover is your body telling you; bro, keep it in check. I can only take so much.
people who are able to overcome hangovers or ignore them or drink through them (the kind of people who remain 'conscious' and 'lucid' even when blackout drunk) are developing a serious problem. your freakin' liver is gonna' die out by the time you reach 40.

ignoring or suppressing a hangover is like ignoring or suppressing a concussion and running back out on the football field to take another blow to the head.
you're really playing Russian Roulette with your body... and you only get one of those. it has to last you your whole life tounge2.gif

take it easy.
embrace the hangover and learn from it lol...

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Where do you buy them? I have not seen them anywhere. o.o

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 23:14)
Where do you buy them? I have not seen them anywhere. o.o

I haven't seen them either but it's possible because they aren't as mainstream as other products. May find them at produce stores or some supplement places maybe.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

http://www.amazon.co...orget hangovers

For the states at least.

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

Yea I think it's impossible for this to be a placebo as the alcohol biologically causes the headache. A placebo only works when something is psychological.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

I drank to the point of vomiting and I didn't get hung over the next morning. Funnily enough, it was my first time drinking. Fun time though, I'd do it again. But then again, I don't want to turn into my alcoholic mom.

I reckon I'll save drinking for the weekend when I get older. Seems sensible.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

I tested this thing out last night... and WOW did I test it out... I actually feel a bit better than I thought I would.. My skin turned a little red around the patch, hmm.. maybe just slight irritation. Oh well.

Now excuse me while I go back to sleep haha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users