Photo

AdvancedHook

3 replies to this topic
Michael Wojtanis
  • Michael Wojtanis

Rinepim

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hello. I see some people use "AdvancedHook.dll". What is this? What this give?
How to use this to make scripts?

Thanks very much for reply.

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:49 PM Edited by pedro2555, 21 July 2013 - 06:53 PM.

It provides some functions not available with .NET Scripthook.

I've used it for the indicator script, since it can enable or disable single indicator lights.

But the major function of it for me is PrintText(), it displays text in the upper left corner of the screen in a shaded black box. Because of this I'm actually using AdvancedHook in every mod.

Both usage of this functions can be seen in IVIndicators source code -> https://code.google....s/mainScript.cs

You can use it as any external reference in Visual Studio. (namespace AdvancedHookManaged)

I haven't been able to contact the author for license details, so I'm just relying on luck.

Also you can use Visual Studio's object browser to see what a specific library as to offer.

Michael Wojtanis
  • Michael Wojtanis

Rinepim

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

Okey, thanks. I will try some stuff. Only interested is the light of helicopters and indicators... ;P

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Michael Wojtanis @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 08:58)
Okey, thanks. I will try some stuff. Only interested is the light of helicopters and indicators... ;P

Yeah I haven't played with the heli search light yet, but the Lights work in the same way as the indicator lights, you can see how in IVIndicators source.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users