Nicolae
  • Nicolae

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

I found before CJ went San Fierro,
total number is 53
after come back to Los Santos, the number is 57

because I take all terrorities before SF, so I can see the different of highest gang terrorities held...
anyone know why have this different?

MattDet
  • MattDet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:08 PM Edited by MattDet, 21 July 2013 - 06:12 PM.

QUOTE (Nicolae @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 11:21)
total number is 53

because I take all terrorities before SF, so I can see the different of highest gang terrorities held...

The extra four territories is due to Cesar's Varrios Los Aztecas entering a hiatus similar to the Grove Street Families after you leave Los Santos in "The Green Sabre". The Aztecas have a total of four territories, which are located around the Unity Station area and between Unity Station and the airport.

As a result, the Los Santos Vagos will take over all Azteca territory, just as the Ballas take over all Grove Street territory after that mission. It is not until "Los Desperados" (the second-to-last-mission in the game, during the riots) that the Aztecas retake all four territories lost to the Vagos.

Therefore, not only will you have a higher territory count after reentering Los Santos, but you will also notice Vagos members in those four territories (as well as those four being shaded yellow) until "Los Desperados".

Off-topic, but related: "Los Desperados" is one of only a handful of times the Aztecas and Grove Street get together without both gangs fighting each other.

Nicolae
  • Nicolae

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (MattDet @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 18:08)
QUOTE (Nicolae @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 11:21)
total number is 53

The extra four territories is due to Cesar's Varrios Los Aztecas entering a hiatus similar to the Grove Street Families after you leave Los Santos in "The Green Sabre". The Aztecas have a total of four territories, which are located around the Unity Station area and between Unity Station and the airport.

As a result, the Los Santos Vagos will take over all Azteca territory, just as the Ballas take over all Grove Street territory after that mission. It is not until "Los Desperados" (the second-to-last-mission in the game, during the riots) that the Aztecas retake all four territories lost to the Vagos.

Therefore, not only will you have a higher territory count after reentering Los Santos, but you will also notice Vagos members in those four territories (as well as those four being shaded yellow) until "Los Desperados".

Off-topic, but related: "Los Desperados" is one of only a handful of times the Aztecas and Grove Street get together without both gangs fighting each other.

O, Thank you so much!
It is long tim ago I played previous save. I have no impression that Vogos will get those four terrorites after the mission.
This time I took all terrorites before the mission, so I don't know too suicidal.gif
(Then I found I have to take Glenn Park and four terrorities again in mission bored.gif )

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:15 AM

Wrong... the extra zones are along Mulholland.
Note the Red Wrench and Burger:
user posted image

You won't see that Marked on the map Prior to 'Green Sabre'

Nicolae
  • Nicolae

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 05:15)
Wrong... the extra zones are along Mulholland.
Note the Red Wrench and Burger:
user posted image

You won't see that Marked on the map Prior to 'Green Sabre'

I am sure they are marked before Green Sabre just all are already belonged to Grove Street.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

I can confirm what Nicolae is saying.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:45 AM Edited by King Andreas, 07 August 2013 - 02:51 AM.

Here is a very helpful map that indicates all territory zones. You might need to click on the map when it comes up to zoom in. There are 380 territory zones, though obviously, you need glitches or some sort of game alteration for such. Aztecas have 4 zones; the zones are indicated as follows: ELCO1, ELCO2, LMEXA, LMEXB. At the beginning of the game, there are 53 territories; at the return to Los Santos, there are 57. But on the PS2, there are 58 (Bayside Marina) at that point, because flying out for too long (Freefall, Saint Marks Bistro,) brews glitched territories.

Actually, at the beginning of the game, the territories displayed in Weasels screenshot are Grove owned. In the map I cited earlier, these zones are indicated by: SUN1, SUN3A, SUN3B, SUN3C, SUN4, VIN2.

QUOTE (MattDet @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 14:08)

To decimate the rife misconception many people yield towards Aztecas & Triads that very much bothers me: People wonder why Aztecas & Triads attack you on the streets, despite CJ's connections to Cesar & Wu Zi. Aztecas on missions (such as Los Desperados) and Triads on missions (such as A Home In The Hills) are not programmed as real gang members. Kill an Azteca or a Triad on either mission; check your "enemy gangs killed" tally; notice the number didn't increase. However, the Aztecas & Triads that naturally spawn in El Corona & Chinatown are programmed as gang members and will increase the tally. Hopefully that halts the confusion. I always kill my homeboys on Catalyst, Green Sabre, (among others) because they don't increase my "friendly gang members killed" tally. The recruits on Los Sepulcros, however, will increase the tally, seeing as you can recruit them, thus they are real gang members. Another exception is "gang war" gang members; Ballas on gang war missions (Grove 4 Life, Doberman) increase the "enemy gangs" killed tally. Don't confuse real gang members with peds that use gang skin models.

Gangs have varying levels of hostility towards each other, so allow me to illustrate:

These combinations will result in the gangs badmouthing each other for 15 seconds, then suddenly attacking:

-Grove & Aztecas; Grove & Vagos; Ballas & Vagos; Ballas & Aztecas; Rifas & Triads; Rifas & Da Nang;

These combinations will result in the gangs attacking each other on sight:

-Ballas & Grove; Ballas & Rifas; Ballas & Da Nang; Ballas & Triads; Ballas & Mafia; Grove & Rifas; Grove & Da Nang; Grove & Triads; Grove & Mafia; Vagos & Aztecas; Vagos & Rifas; Vagos & Da Nang; Vagos & Mafia; Vagos & Triads; Aztecas & Rifas; Aztecas & Da Nang; Aztecas & Triads; Aztecas & Mafia; Rifas & Mafia; Da Nang & Triads; Da Nang & Mafia; Triads & Mafia; last but not least, Unused Gang 9 & 10 will attack any gang on sight.

I think I covered everything, but if not, all other combinations are an on sight attack outcome.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

Very useful map, indeed. I think there was also a map with the in-game area names, instead of the game files names. If only I could remember where I saw it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users