The Conjuring

33 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (NeilFallonsBeard @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 02:16)
Saw this the other day, damn good movie. It's what Paranormal Activity should have been.

I also saw it a few days ago and I really loved it.
There were a few jump scares but there were more bone chilling scares.
Does James Wan have a doll fetish or something?
He put dolls in Saw, Insidious, Dead Silence (they were the whole part) and now The Conjuring.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

Saw it also a few days ago, and i really liked it. It looked realistic and had a couple of nice scare moments. It was classic and reminded me of the great films of 70s and 80s.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 08:51)
Does James Wan have a doll fetish or something?
He put dolls in Saw, Insidious, Dead Silence (they were the whole part) and now The Conjuring.

I was wondering the same. But, those dolls were creepy as f*ck. James Wan is a one-hit wonder in the horror genre, he sure knows how to use them to creep the audience out.

@Sup3rman Does Suspiria ring any bell? I f*ckin' love that one.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

I watched The Conjuring a few days ago, and I looked at it with a skeptical kind of view due to James Wan's previous installment: Insidious- which I enjoyed, but once you've seen one scary film created by Wan, you've seen em all. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I got through it. Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson were brilliant in the film, and the shocks -besides the clap- were impeccable. I loved the final exorcism, it had that perfect amount of creepiness mixed with sheer desperation. Although the haunting/exorcism game's been done again and again, The Conjuring refreshingly gives a new take on it.

I liked it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users