Photo

The Conjuring

33 replies to this topic
hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hey, has anybody seen The Conjuring? it looks scary as bananas and it has a score of 8.1 on imdb wow.gif

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by rudy., 21 July 2013 - 03:13 PM.

I don't really go for scary movies since they're predictable as f*ck, but this looks rather promising. The trailer was truly creepy so I might give this a whirl.

E- early reviews suggests that it this is one of the better American horror films to come out in a long time!

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

No

Never even heard of it until now. Looks great! Will watch!

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Yes, me. I went last Saturday to watch that movie, it wasn't that good but it wasn't that bad either.

Have you seen Insidious? Well the Conjuring is from the same director although The Conjuring is a bid scarier.

The Conjuring is a true based story in 1971 in Harrisville, Rhode Island. There lived a family called the "Perron Family" they felt supernatural activities in there house, heard noises, etc. Some paranormal investigators called Ed and Lorraine Warren went to help the family and they also saw paranormal activities in that house.

The Amityville, the true based store from 1974 in Amityville, New York. Ed and Lorraie Warren went to 112 Ocean Avenue and they found a demonic boy with white eyes on the staircase.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

Watching it tonight! Will post my thoughts after.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 08:03)
Watching it tonight! Will post my thoughts after.

You'll love it devil.gif

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Anyone who's seen it: Is it full of jumpy-scares?

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

It seems that the movie is based on a true story. Will watch it.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (Joseph Cooke @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 13:00)

Yes, but I wouldn't really call them "jumpy-scare" scenes but they were rather "bone chilling-scares" wink.gif

I should admit that this was arguably one of the better haunted movies I've ever seen. Unlike most movies which are usually predictable as f*ck and suffers from extreme boredom with fake scares to break some of the mundane.

The story is nothing new, but it's simply brimming with simplicity! That and Wan's priceless tricks in movie-making has made for a thrilling and entertaining movie.

P.S there's a handful of what the f*ck™ moments in this movie so watch out for it!

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 05:37)
QUOTE (Joseph Cooke @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 13:00)

Yes, but I wouldn't really call them "jumpy-scare" scenes but they were rather "bone chilling-scares" wink.gif

I should admit that this was arguably one of the better haunted movies I've ever seen. Unlike most movies which are usually predictable as f*ck and suffers from extreme boredom with fake scares to break some of the mundane.

The story is nothing new, but it's simply brimming with simplicity! That and Wan's priceless tricks in movie-making has made for a thrilling and entertaining movie.

P.S there's a handful of what the f*ck™ moments in this movie so watch out for it!

Yah I agree about the bone chilling scares especially when the demon was on top of the dresser, and it zoomed in on her, that was one of the most disturbing scenes I have ever scene and I don't know why, I have seen lots of Horror movies, like evil dead and insidious, but that scene just gave me a weird feeling.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hmm...not a big fan of Horror (don't like getting jumpy). Might give this one a go though.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

Right, just saw this and that f*cking clap man. cry.gif

Other than that it was great, everything from the atmosphere to the actors captured the mood perfectly icon14.gif

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 11:13)
Right, just saw this and that f*cking clap man. cry.gif

Other than that it was great, everything from the atmosphere to the actors captured the mood perfectly icon14.gif

The clap didn't get me, because I saw it in the trailers, when the one daughter was in the room with the sheets hanging and was saying, "She made me do it" and had her arms cut and then she hid and jumped out is what got me and like me other post said when the demon was on the dresser and it zoomed in on her and then it jumped on the girl that got me the most and game me the chills.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (ArmoredxApple @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 21:11)
Right, just saw this and that f*cking clap man.  cry.gif

Other than that it was great, everything from the atmosphere to the actors captured the mood perfectly  icon14.gif

The clap didn't get me, because I saw it in the trailers, when the one daughter was in the room with the sheets hanging and was saying, "She made me do it" and had her arms cut and then she hid and jumped out is what got me and like me other post said when the demon was on the dresser and it zoomed in on her and then it jumped on the girl that got me the most and game me the chills.

Heh, maybe because I didn't watch any of the trailers. That demon on top of the dresser did gave me f*cked up sh*t to hallucinate at home though.

Never really watched any trailers for any of the horror movies I've watched, makes it better I guess. Especially this one, did not hear anything about this movie at all (besides the good rating on metacritic), me and my friends just went in not knowing what the f*ck's gonna happen.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by InstantCClassic, 07 August 2013 - 03:08 PM.

Ever since Saw, it's almost a necessity for a scary doll to appear in a James Wann movie. I like how The Conjuring did the same thing Insidious did with the whole paranormal investigation and didn't mess up the 2nd half of the movie. I'm kind of excited for Insidious Part 2 now.

The Lorraine basement scene reminded me of the funeral cellar scene from Dead Silence.

Also, how was this movie rated R?

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 15:04)
Ever since Saw, it's almost a necessity for a scary doll to appear in a James Wann movie. I like how The Conjuring did the same thing Insidious did with the whole paranormal investigation and didn't mess up the 2nd half of the movie. I'm kind of excited for Insidious Part 2 now.

The Lorraine basement scene reminded me of the funeral cellar scene from Dead Silence.

Also, how was this movie rated R?

It was just rated R for being scary I believe. First movie I know of that has gotten an R rating for just being scary. Insidious 2 does look good, the trailer showed before the conjuring and it looks really creepy. I never saw the first one, but I'm going to try to before number 2 comes out. It was on Netflix Instant watch a while ago, but I never watched and now that I want to, they took it off sad.gif

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 17:21)

Other than that it was great, everything from the atmosphere to the actors captured the mood perfectly   icon14.gif

Heh, maybe because I didn't watch any of the trailers. That demon on top of the dresser did gave me f*cked up sh*t to hallucinate at home though.

Never really watched any trailers for any of the horror movies I've watched, makes it better I guess. Especially this one, did not hear anything about this movie at all (besides the good rating on metacritic), me and my friends just went in not knowing what the f*ck's gonna happen.

Hah, yep... your second spoiler tag is what got me as well. The first one was crazy as well.

I don't like scary movies, but the outdoor laundry scene in the commercial got me slightly interested and once my GF heard me express the slightest interest in it - we were going ha. I didn't think it was too terribly scary, but it was a good movie overall. Plenty of heart racing moments for sure though, haha I think it's usually the suspense of something happening that gets to me.

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Nah Tso Gud @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 19:03)

Other than that it was great, everything from the atmosphere to the actors captured the mood perfectly   icon14.gif

Hah, yep... your second spoiler tag is what got me as well. The first one was crazy as well.

I don't like scary movies, but the outdoor laundry scene in the commercial got me slightly interested and once my GF heard me express the slightest interest in it - we were going ha. I didn't think it was too terribly scary, but it was a good movie overall. Plenty of heart racing moments for sure though, haha I think it's usually the suspense of something happening that gets to me.

i totally agree about the suspense getting to you. Also you said it wasn't terrible scary I agree, but somehow it was one of the scariest ones I've seen I'm guess I'm just getting desensitized confused.gif

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (ArmoredxApple @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 13:32)

i totally agree about the suspense getting to you. Also you said it wasn't terrible scary I agree, but somehow it was one of the scariest ones I've seen I'm guess I'm just getting desensitized confused.gif

Yeah, maybe I am too haha..... maybe. I actually felt a sense of security/comfort when the guy and his wife came out to their house and stayed with them, as it actually would have if I was in their situation... . And I found that extremely interesting for a movie to make me feel that way .. Not sure if that needed to be in tags, but I figured I'd err on the side of caution ha.

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Nah Tso Gud @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 01:00)
QUOTE (ArmoredxApple @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 13:32)

Yeah, maybe I am too haha..... maybe. I actually felt a sense of security/comfort when the guy and his wife came out to their house and stayed with them, as it actually would have if I was in their situation... . And I found that extremely interesting for a movie to make me feel that way .. Not sure if that needed to be in tags, but I figured I'd err on the side of caution ha.

yah, might as well put spoiler tags just in case. When that happened, I didn't really feel any different, because I knew the demon would still be doing stuff, so I was always looking out for it.

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

just watched it, its very scary wow.gif A very good movie after a long time

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (hhamzah99 @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 13:28)

No death scenes either since it's based off a true investigation. wow.gif

Leaves a breath of fresh air, but then I look at "You're Next", which looks vastly similar to The Strangers and ask myself why....

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 20:50)

Leaves a breath of fresh air, but then I look at "You're Next", which looks vastly similar to The Strangers and ask myself why....

You're Next looks epic as hell, it was being developed before The Strangers. smile.gif
On Topic: The clap scene wasn't as scary because it was in the first trailer but I thought the film was scary. wow.gif

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by InstantCClassic, 11 August 2013 - 08:13 PM.

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 20:03)
QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 20:50)

You're Next looks epic as hell, it was being developed before The Strangers. smile.gif
On Topic: The clap scene wasn't as scary because it was in the first trailer but I thought the film was scary. wow.gif

Woah. I might go watch it then.

I agree though, the clap scene wasn't all that scary since we knew it was coming. The audience ruined it too by clapping themselves. -_- However, I did like the start of the basement scene, I knew the piano was gonna come back to haunt them. That whole scene reminded me of Dead Silence and I"m positive James Wann created that atmosphere as a homage to the film.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:31 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 11 August 2013 - 08:54 PM.

I just found it on YouTube: EDIT: OUT OF SYNC!

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by InstantCClassic, 11 August 2013 - 09:03 PM.

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 20:31)

Link?!

I found one on YouTube, but it didn't have the part with the piano.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 21:58)

Link?!

The link I posted before was actually a link to the full movie but it was completely out of sync, I realised that too late.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 21:35)
QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 21:58)

Link?!

The link I posted before was actually a link to the full movie but it was completely out of sync, I realised that too late.

Ohhh gotcha smile.gif

NeilFallonsBeard
  • NeilFallonsBeard

Superior Firepower, Superior Hardware

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

Saw this the other day, damn good movie. It's what Paranormal Activity should have been.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users