» «
Photo

Permantly parked and saved cars anywhere

11 replies to this topic
xebat
  • xebat

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:23 PM Edited by xebat, 21 July 2013 - 12:38 PM.

It is really mindblowing that without any modding SDK we as a modding community for GTA IV have come so far.
We have created custom textures, custom car models, new kinds of vehicle that werenīt even included in GTA IV such as flyable Planes, Sci-Fi vehicles and Offroad vehicles, we have
managed to create scripts that let you do very dynamic things and that give you new types of missions and mini games you can do in GTA IV.

But there is one thing that i think should have been attempted from the very first day.
This thing i think , is something every GTA IV player is bummed about.

You drive a car you got in a mission and you love to drive it and you are annoyed by the fact that it could be lost , if you dont let it rot in the parkin area in front of your save house ,
because certain missions would force you to abandon them.

So how could we fix this problem ?

Through scripts and asi loaders there should be a mechanic that automatically saves the coordinates and type and status of a car you have exited
either via a new assigned key that lets you lock the doors when you are outside of the car you were in and the car should have blinking lights for a second and emit a power door locks sound OR
you just simply hold F to turn the engine off and exit the vehicle in this way and it gets saved ( This would be the easier and more comfortable way, but it would only work for cars )

When this happend the car should stay in that place until you come to it and unlock the doors via this imaginary power door lock keychain you utilize or somebody else or yourself destroy that vehicle.
During the time it is locked , there should be a symbol on the map where you parked that vehicle and this symbol should symbolize the type of vehicle you parked and it should have the color of the vehicle , when hovering over it on the map it should then show the name of the car.

The question is how feasible is this concept and is any of you talented and experienced coders
willing to create the last missing piece to creating a truly enhanced GTA IV experience before GTA V knocks us out of the socks.

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by pedro2555, 21 July 2013 - 03:08 PM.

I'm working that, and I have presented a solution with Ultimate Fuel Script 1.1. It wasn't perfect but I'm getting it better.

And don't say there is no SDK, Aru created a C++ SDK and Hazardx created a .NET SDK, withou any of them no scripting as you see today.

A big thank you to those two.

xebat
  • xebat

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Could you create a standalone version of that parking script for use with 1.0.4.0 ?
That would be so awesome man !

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

No, I can't sorry. If it ever happens to be finished will be for 1.0.7.0 and 1.1.2.0 (EFLC)

And btw, why do you want it for 1.0.4.0 ? A lot of people ask for that and I've never came to conclude why.

Anyway, the process for that might even be impossible.

xebat
  • xebat

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

The reason is most of my scripts that i use and especially ENB works only/runs better with 1.0.4.0.

Please guys just try to make it , if itīs to much hassle i can understand but just try it.

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (xebat @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 20:20)
The reason is most of my scripts that i use and especially ENB works only/runs better with 1.0.4.0.

Please guys just try to make it , if itīs to much hassle i can understand but just try it.

Then you should ask the developers of those scripts to update them to 1.0.7.0, rather than asking for compatability with older versions.

But, just for my knowledge, what versions of ScriptHookDoNet and C++ ScriptHook are you running, and what .NET versions do you have installed ?

xebat
  • xebat

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Im using Xliveless together with GTAIV .Net Script Hook v1.7.1.7 BETA

xebat
  • xebat

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

Are there any other Coders out there who would be willing to try the concept i described ?

DRUZZRIN12296
  • DRUZZRIN12296

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

It's completely possible! I use a trainer. You can save the car and it will keep it in the place you left it. I'm sure someone could take that part of scripting out of the trainer and manipulate it to your concept idea. smile.gif

xebat
  • xebat

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

Which trainer do you use ?
And will it stay there even after you saved , exited and loaded up again ?

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by pedro2555, 01 August 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Still in beta, but it works -> http://www.gta4-mods...ver-0113-f23238

Parikshit
  • Parikshit

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

It Can Be Done Using Simple Native Trainer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users