Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you care about MP?

130 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you care about MP? (689 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you care about MP?

1. Strongly agree (Fun and amazing) (252 votes [38.36%])

Percentage of vote: 38.36%

2. Agree (Fun with friends) (144 votes [21.92%])

Percentage of vote: 21.92%

3. Don't mind it 50/50 (164 votes [24.96%])

Percentage of vote: 24.96%

4. Disagree (Boring with nothing to do) (22 votes [3.35%])

Percentage of vote: 3.35%

5. Full of trolls and hackers (Strongly disagree) (30 votes [4.57%])

Percentage of vote: 4.57%

6. Won't even touch it in GTA V (Hate it like Hitler) (45 votes [6.85%])

Percentage of vote: 6.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Depends if it has Cops 'n Crooks or not.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Like it or not MP haters, MP is what keeps GTA alive.

You don't see any videos popping up of SA or IV SP much do you? Nah, it's all about the MP.

Likewise, you don't see much JC2 stuff, but there was a big boost when the MP mod was shown, and after that it's died down again.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

^ ^ ^ *LazyboyEight*

First, YouTube is full of new videos popping in all the time about GTA IV SP

Second, the world of GTA SP is full of life a lot more than the MP
In multiplayer there is disorder and chaos all the time, single player have the quiet and fun of exploring the world

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 13:49)
Like it or not MP haters, MP is what keeps GTA alive.

You don't see any videos popping up of SA or IV SP much do you? Nah, it's all about the MP.

Likewise, you don't see much JC2 stuff, but there was a big boost when the MP mod was shown, and after that it's died down again.

I very much agree.

I've had wonderful moments in GTA IV's freeroam.

Can't wait for V's freeroam. inlove.gif

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (ZuParadox @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 12:33)
I have never played GTA online before - what am i missing out on?

1 word- HACKERS

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

I want to kill people underwater!

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

I don't care at all for MP. I tried GTA IV mp in a Xbox Live Gold free trial weekend and I am done ever playing online again. I f*cking HATE kids. If GTA online had like a 21 and up room I am all for it.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

I don't understand all the hate on MP.
Sure, it is mostly pure chaos and unfair buzzard killing, but that's what makes it fun. Plus, V will be alot different...In a good way.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Love MP and am thoroughly looking foward to it just as much as the single player campaign. icon14.gif

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

I lost all interest in any form of multiplayer over 10 years ago. Last time I remember actually enjoying it was when Quake 3 was still somewhat new. It was fun when my friends were into it. Eventually I was the last one of us who was still playing, and I very quickly discovered that playing with anonymous people online is pit of snakes to be avoided, so I have ever since. Once in a while I'd make friends with a new co-worker or whatever and they'd talk me into playing whatever the latest game was online, and I realized I'd simply lost my taste for it in general. Meh. You kids have fun.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

I won't be playing it much, unless with friends. It's mostly just a bunch of monkeys shooting each other.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

2ND TO NONE

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (ShadowDog94 @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 22:25)
I won't be playing it much, unless with friends. It's mostly just a bunch of monkeys shooting each other.

Check yoself fool!!!

user posted image

BurningSnow
  • BurningSnow

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'm excited for mp. Free mode is probably gonna be fun if there's a lot of people. I'm more interested in the objective based game modes like heists.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 22:28)
QUOTE (ShadowDog94 @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 22:25)

Check yoself fool!!!

user posted image

*Points to sig*

no you check your self

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

For those who barely played 4's multiplayer, oh man, you guys missed out.

I have so many hours played in free mode, so many amazing memories of epic stuff happening, so many friends I made, oh man. I will be playing free mode for MONTHS when GTA V comes out.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

2ND TO NONE

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

I played hundred of hours in IV MP, never had more fun in my life. Except making whoopee of course.

Jvmes
  • Jvmes

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

Honestly? I don't care, not one tiny bit. GTA is inherently a single player game and I'm not at all interested in some half-arsed MP add-on occupied by trolls and cheats who have no interest in immersing themselves in the game world or its spirit. It's a joke. Co-op story mode is all I care about but we're not going to get that are we.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

Admittedly, multiplayer in IV is a little bit lacking, but the potential for awesomeness in GTA should be clear for all gamers to see.

The only reason people run around the airport killing each other is because there's little else to do, and no reason to do anything.

If they add a bunch of fun activities in free roam, it will be amazing and in way that is more dynamic than any single player mode could ever achieve.

I remain skeptical though. I'm pretty much just expecting it to be like RDR multiplayer. Which is fun, i still play it sometimes, but it's not great. There is still no real purpose to anything, and there are far too many of the little game modes which don't really offer a very deep experience.

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

Eh, kinda wish they'd just focus on single player, add more features there, lengthen the game, and all that.

But hey, I had some good times in IV's multiplayer, so I won't bitch too much.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

if its an MMO- im probably going to spend alot of time on there. especially if there will be customization

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:33 AM

If it's like an improved version of GTA IV I will be playing for years but if it's as bad as RDR's mp then probably only a week then I'm back to single player for several years.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

I've searched my entire house for a f*ck to give ( for MP ); I couldn't find one.

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 03:33)
If it's like an improved version of GTA IV I will be playing for years but if it's as bad as RDR's mp then probably only a week then I'm back to single player for several years.

Red Dead Redemption's Multiplayer was Milles better than GTA IV's.

StraightOuttaGroveStreet
  • StraightOuttaGroveStreet

Grove Street Family Orginal Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

Honestly I could give two rat's asses about it. I like the idea of a free roam, GTA IV like multiplayer element... That being said, I'll hardly ever touch it. I'm all about the single player, all immersed, all for me experience.

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Deez nutz.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (The-San-Andreas-man @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 23:20)
For those who barely played 4's multiplayer, oh man, you guys missed out.

I have so many hours played in free mode, so many amazing memories of epic stuff happening, so many friends I made, oh man. I will be playing free mode for MONTHS when GTA V comes out.

While I never touch multiplayer in anything, I have tried multiplayer in the PC version of GTA IV a few times, and it was boring... It's like single-player, but having other characters do independent things, and with lots of problems. I will admit there are things you can only do with other players, but other than that, it was just the same. I guess the 'missing out' part depends entirely on your opinion of multiplayer in games.

Oh, and multiplayer for GTA IV PC doesn't even work anyway, the game crashes randomly due to the bad port.

I won't be missing out on anything with GTA V's multiplayer, because it will still be the exact same, just with other players.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 02:57)
Admittedly, multiplayer in IV is a little bit lacking, but the potential for awesomeness in GTA should be clear for all gamers to see.

The only reason people run around the airport killing each other is because there's little else to do, and no reason to do anything.

If they add a bunch of fun activities in free roam, it will be amazing and in way that is more dynamic than any single player mode could ever achieve.

I remain skeptical though. I'm pretty much just expecting it to be like RDR multiplayer. Which is fun, i still play it sometimes, but it's not great. There is still no real purpose to anything, and there are far too many of the little game modes which don't really offer a very deep experience.

What activities do you think they will add that players in MP can do? I doubt they will add many, like 4 activities will probably be restricted to single player because they want you outside i.e airport blowing each other up

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

I know it's definitely something I always run into when playing most open world games, I love playing it whenever some close friends want to get together at times and cause mayhem or try some Jackass related stuff.

And seeing as how they're making it look like a huge deal this time, it is something no one should overlook.

Rick88
  • Rick88

"Who is Atlas?"...

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

I care, I didn't think IV's multiplayer was that bad, but it was definitely sloppy and not really that fleshed out. However, they really seem to be putting a lot of focus into it this year and well I'm positive it'll be much MUCH better than it was in IV. I mean, "Grand Theft Auto Online", the name alone already sounds awesome.

XXCrimsonXX
  • XXCrimsonXX

Potato

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

GTA IV's multiplayer in my opinion is hilarious except the part with douchebag modders, but it is actually very fun and hilarious.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

To this day, GTA IV has been the most fun and incredible experience I have ever known, this was before the modders ruined it. I hope GTA V is just as good if not better. My friends and I used to do all sorts of crazy stuff, mostly fight off the police but we made our own gametypes like:

Yacht Yarbing - One player has a yacht and the others have 2 inflatable boats to use for hijacking.(Yarbing was a joke on a friend who thought pirates said yarb not argh)

Minority Report - One player plays as the "minority" and the other players chase him with bats and try to beat them to death.

Jew Gold Heist - Everyone would get 6 star wanted levels and lead the police on a chase throughout the city, while that was going on everyone else would conspire against another player and plan to kill them off in creative ways. One way was holding police choppers off on Liberty Island while one of our friends got a chopper to extract us, he landed the chopper on top of the friend we were double crossing. (name sounds offensive but it was made by our jewish friend who named it that.)

There were other games we made up but I forgot them. Fun times.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users