Photo

snow in gta 5

46 replies to this topic
wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:49 AM

We can only hope. I don't remember snow ever been in a GTA game.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

It snows in california, albeit not very often. If you travel up the mountains then yes it snows more often. If its not in there, I won't fret because even though it did snow in AC III it was more of a set landscape than dynamic weather changes. Thats alot for current gen consoles to handle. I am happy however about the thunderstorms.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

I think there will be a part during the game where it does snow, somewhere far into the story.. Not a season type thing but as your going through the game type thing it'll just randomly happen, I see it as an extra added surprise RS have given us. With those Max Payne Hiden Codes not to long ago gives me a Indication we should atleast be a little bit more open minded about there being snow.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

Those images alone is proof they have NO EXCUSE to not add snow at least to one or two mountains at least some sort of snow effect ONLY in the really high parts.
You all forget they only showed clear sunny days in the gameplay. Minus the dark night scenes with a little wet roads etc. If they don't add snow can they at least add
coldness like the effect of "seeing your own breath" when it gets cold? They had that effect in IV...they can at least do that I would think.....

0yster
  • 0yster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

I don't think it snows in souther cal...

But the better question is why does it not snow in GTA 4

eLCapitanRell
  • eLCapitanRell

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

Hm

Maybe a DLC where Mt Chiliad is almost completely covered in snow, give us some snow boards or skis and snowmobiles.

Race down the mountain.

VLongo92
  • VLongo92

California Love. Show it.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

I hate people that argue it doesn't snow in California.

Jump off a bridge would you?

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (theworldfamous @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 14:12)
sea, sunshine and submachineguns, here I come!!

Here here!

But I still firmly believe that we will have some form of snow in V. Whether it actually be a whether effect, or simply existing on some ski resort, I would welcome it. There was pedestrian behavior in GTA IV in the game files where the peds would react to snow, so they were originally planning on having it in LC, so I think they have been working on it a little since then.

I still remember those vehicle names found in the MP3 files, one of which was "snowplough" ph34r.gif

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Wet n Ready

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

its unlikely there will be snow in GTAV because there wont be seasons in the game.

PensFan
  • PensFan

Soon to be your step dad

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (0yster @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 04:14)
I don't think it snows in souther cal...

But the better question is why does it not snow in GTA 4

because the didn't have the weather system that the do in V

gtafanny Posted on Monday, Jul 22 2013, 05:22
  its unlikely there will be snow in GTAV because there wont be seasons in the game.

there is a snow plow in the leaked vehicles list from a while back

WeathermanDimitri
  • WeathermanDimitri

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

Are you stupid? It's Los Santos and some desert!
Sorry man, no snow.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

Let me clear this up for you guys. Yes it does very rarely snow in the desert. I know because I grew up there. By that I mean, once ever ten years, and only for a few minutes, and very lightly. It's usually melted within ten minutes.

In Big Bear, and in all the mountains around Southern California it does snow quite a bit.

As for Los Angeles, I don't think I've ever heard about it snowing. If it has, it had to have been similar or much less than what I described the desert snow to be like, and it must only happen maybe once a century.

DrProfessor
  • DrProfessor

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Once you get the game, look at a patch of very white sand and imagine it as snow to quench your somewhat odd desires for snow in Southern CA.

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Yes, there will be snow in GTA V:

user posted image

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

Is there even seasons lol......dont think any of this has been implemented

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

I'm thinking about the snow on mountains idea - it sounds great but is there much point to it? A small part of the map, with a touch of snow, with all the animation, coding and stuff that will come with it - would there be much point? Don't get me wrong, i would love it - snowboarding down the mountain and leaping off and parachuting down james bond style.... awesome. But I think rockstar would have probably asked "everyone thinks california and thinks sun and sea. Not snow and cold. People complained TOO MUCH about IV's cold and dull enviroment - why would Rockstar then intentionally create such an area for V? No, you guys all complained too much so I would be very surprised if snow appears at all.

If it does, it'll be on mountain peaks, and I can't see snowboarding or skiing being in at all. In fact I'll bet that any snow, as unlikely as it it, will just be a white coloured texture with no gameplay impact at all. Shame, but then it IS Cali, and as i said, everyone thinks surfers and hollywood, not snow and skiing. It'd be cool, but I doubt it personally

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

With the whole -this map is huge- anything is possible . if it's in it's in. But i give it a good chance that it will be in some were . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif 25% chance i give it. xd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users