Why There Won't Be Another Delay

39 replies to this topic
Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 20:20)
I wasn't worried about another delay at all. They seem pretty sure that this game will be done and ready September 17th. wink.gif

Exactly and they have even told us so.

It'll just be 56-55 days now until we get the game in our hands. It will be well worth the wait.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hey Audiophile smile.gif I really hope you're right. Remember though, they announced 9/17 on 1/31. About six months ago. Anything can/could have happened during development and they've stated it won't launch 9/17 in Brazil/Japan, so they won't have to manufacture/ship as many copies right away. That could let them start the production a little later.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

And I stated the difference between the delay in January and where we are at this point in time.

The delay that happened in January was almost expected and it was obvious from the vague Spring 2013 date that they were unsure of it themselves. Certainly not confident enough to give an exact date like we got with September 17th, 2013 that far in advance. They stated in the A & A at the beginning of this month there will not be a delay and to make a statement like that is pretty much a clear sign that there won't be one. They know much better than us what is going on with their game and they know that if they make a bold claim like that and a delay happens, we will riot 69 times worse than usual.

The reason that it will release in Japan a month later is because of who will be the local distributor there and I am not sure about the reason in Brazil but I imagine it is something logistical like in Japan rather than anything to do with development. The rest of us won't be subject to any of this.

I also don't think it will make that big of an impact because the majority of pre-orders for V will come from the Western countries of North America, Europe and Australia/New Zealand etc. So they still have to start production as early as they can to produce the sheer amount of pre-order copies and then some to make-up for last-minute pre-orders and stock to put on the shelves for non pre-orders.

So basically, we are safe and it will make the September release date unless some disaster happens like the plant explodes or the shipments get lost/blown up.....since I highly doubt any of that will happen I think we're good.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (smokeNdrank @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 16:14)
Yes, there is no way that I can see them delaying the game at this point. If you look at past R* games that have been delayed, they usually announce the delay prior to the 2 month window before release. The delays for GTAIV, RDR, and LA Noire were all announced well before the 2 month window of release, just like the Spring 2013 date got delayed to Sep. 17 way back on January 31st. I think Max Payne 3's last delay from March to May 2012 was the only delay where they announced it very close to release.

R* has been very confident recently and have repeatedly reassured fans that there will be no further delays. I think the game is ready to go gold in the next 2-3 weeks. The printing of the discs will probably start in mid-August. R* still has to have enough time to get the review copies out to the press so they have enough time to prepare a review for the week of Sep. 17.

RDR was delayed on March 4th with launch set for April 27th, 54 days before.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

RDR was plagued with development problems.

You cannot look at what happened in the past and conclude that just because that happened it can and will happen again. You need to look at the factors. RDR was never at the caliber of the GTA series when it was being developed, it was still near the time where R* was getting used to devving on the consoles and they had run into a lot of development issues with RDR that were well-documented. The staff of R* San Diego were incredibly overworked.

Again, it was also never stated with RDR that it will not be delayed again by the actual people making it.....as it was with GTAV. Since that A & A we have gotten an exclusive interview with R* North, new screens, new info from a few magazines and GI, we have seen TV ads....everything is pointing to this game coming out in September.

Dude it's like you keep talking yourself into the fact that a delay will happen. lol.gif

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 14:37)
RDR was plagued with development problems.

You cannot look at what happened in the past and conclude that just because that happened it can and will happen again. You need to look at the factors. RDR was never at the caliber of the GTA series when it was being developed, it was still near the time where R* was getting used to devving on the consoles and they had run into a lot of development issues with RDR that were well-documented. The staff of R* San Diego were incredibly overworked.

Again, it was also never stated with RDR that it will not be delayed again by the actual people making it.....as it was with GTAV. Since that A & A we have gotten an exclusive interview with R* North, new screens, new info from a few magazines and GI, we have seen TV ads....everything is pointing to this game coming out in September.

Dude it's like you keep talking yourself into the fact that a delay will happen. lol.gif

I agree with what you're saying and once we get into August next week I'll feel better lol. It seems like all of their games have development issues at some point though. V included. It was announced almost 2 years ago.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 06:20)
QUOTE (ZeeKid2k10 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 06:13)
GTA5 Development end of August, They go in Production in Last week of August,

You've got to be joking if they finished late August that gives them 2 weeks to make millions of copies AND get them sent all over the world. Nah sorry, I can't see that happening.

This lol^

It will be being pressed up now..

Cracks me up because I honestly think most people imagine R* have a cd press, then they send their little R* Santa's delivering to each store....

Once pressed the discs will sit in at least 2-3 different ware/storehouse's and depots before it even hits the stores...

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by Audiophile, 22 July 2013 - 07:52 PM.

It will be finished in August but definitely not end of August. Like the others stated and as I have stated it's much too late in the process to get everything done on time.

I am guessing right at the start of August, perhaps.

@Chekoloco

I assume your post was aimed at the topic itself? Did you even read the OP? Or did you just come in here to give a sarcastic remark that you know it won't be delayed so why is this thread needed? Because I know it won't be delayed and so do the majority of posters here. Yet you keep seeing posts creeping up about people thinking another delay is possible. This thread is meant to dispel that as much as possible.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Really??? confused.gif

jumper2011
  • jumper2011

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 06:20)
QUOTE (ZeeKid2k10 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 06:13)
GTA5 Development end of August, They go in Production in Last week of August,

You've got to be joking if they finished late August that gives them 2 weeks to make millions of copies AND get them sent all over the world. Nah sorry, I can't see that happening.

It is possible and other games did that.

Sometimes games getting finished 2 months before their release (High leak risk). Other times games getting finished 2-3 weeks before release.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users