Quantcast

» «
Photo

The WHOLE truth about the six star wanted level.

26 replies to this topic
Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:05 AM Edited by Vic 2.0, 26 July 2013 - 03:54 AM.

Everyone online has been saying you can't get six stars until you've unlocked Shoreside Vale. This is only partly true. I just now confirmed that you have to also GO THERE. Unlocking the island is not enough. Pay Shoreside a first visit and only then can you get six stars.

Pass it around! icon14.gif

Edited for truth.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

This isn't news...

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

If not, then it doesn't appear to be well known, as I can't find anything online that says this is exactly when the six star rating becomes available. "After unlocking Shoreside Vale" is all I've seen, but maybe you know of someone/something that's gone into more detail as I have done?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

6 stars are unlocked after the mission "A Drop in the Ocean". Since you can't get D-Ice missions before this mission, you're wrong.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 12:02)
6 stars are unlocked after the mission "A Drop in the Ocean". Since you can't get D-Ice missions before this mission, you're wrong.

What specifically am I "wrong" about?

At any rate, the point of this thread was to inform you that no, completing "A Drop in the Ocean", thereby unlocking Shoreside Vale, is not what unlocks the six star wanted level. You have to go into Shoreside Vale and get the page from D-Ice before you can get six stars.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

Good find, even if pretty much insignificant because no one wants to mess with the military.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Are you kidding? I always get my tank that way. That how I discovered this, I went straight to my hideout in Staunton (where tank-getting is a piece of cake!) after the bridge was fixed thinking I was gonna get my six stars. But nope!

I'll admit it isn't a big deal either way, but it might save someone else some time next playthrough if they're as anxious to get a tank as I was!

Coincidentally, has anyone else stopped to ponder WTF is the point in the bridge lifting up like that... when there are clearly no big ships passing through? mercie_blink.gif Would've been nice to have one float by, even if you can't jump onto it or anything.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

I thought that was odd too, no ships kinda kills the "realism" the lift is supposed to give....it's only half there without a ship passing by

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Wow! Thanks for telling! Even I myself didn't know that.

I'll check into it myself - as well as check into the fact that you can get a 6-Star Wanted Level without receiving a message from D-Ice - that is, by completing "Grand Theft Aero".

Seems like it's all about entering Shoreside Vale for the first time, not receiving the pager message. But who knows? I've found something to work on now!

P.S. Still, this game never ceases to amaze me with new discoveries every now and then! Which proves that it really kicks ass!

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 20:55)
Wow! Thanks for telling! Even I myself didn't know that.

I'll check into it myself - as well as check into the fact that you can get a 6-Star Wanted Level without receiving a message from D-Ice - that is, by completing "Grand Theft Aero".

Seems like it's all about entering Shoreside Vale for the first time, not receiving the pager message. But who knows? I've found something to work on now!

P.S. Still, this game never ceases to amaze me with new discoveries every now and then! Which proves that it really kicks ass!

Yeah, I love trying to learn new things about old games, however insignificant. Idk why.

Well I know it's not about entering Shoreside in general, as I had been going back and forth to Shoreside before it was unlocked (That would really cool if you could unlock six stars that way though). And it's possible the load screen showing up after unlocking it is what unlocks the six star wanted level, but that would mean about the same thing, as I also checked to make sure the page comes in right after the load screen. Got the screen, stopped my car and didn't have time to get out and use the wanted level cheat even once before D-Ice paged me. That's good enough for even me for now tounge.gif

As for checking to see if doing "Grand Theft Aero" before going into Shoreside while off a mission (i.e., getting D-Ice's page) will unlock the six stars also, that's a good question! Let's all remember this thread in case the next person to play remembers to check that out wink.gif

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by Vic 2.0, 26 July 2013 - 03:29 AM.

Okay, I just checked it, and you're right. It's the welcome screen itself (after Shoreside has been officially unlocked in the storyline) that unlocks the six star wanted level. I played it through again and this time went straight from completing "A Drop in the Ocean" to starting "Grand Theft Aero". Sure enough, I was able to get my six stars mid-mission when I arrived, even without that magical page! S'what I get for speaking too quickly.

Sorry to, umm, rob you of your "something to work on", BTW. I just couldn't wait to find out since I'm currently playing this one over anyway biggrin.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Someone can look at "main.scm" and see the wanted level mechanism? This is really interesting.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 14:55)
Someone can look at "main.scm" and see the wanted level mechanism? This is really interesting.

I take it this is a file, accessible to those who have the PC version? I only have the PS2, but are you saying it tells you this in the file, or what?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yes, it controls missions, their behaviors, wanted level, time, all kinds of stuff. Just take your PS2 disc, and pop it in the PC and search for this file. Use Sanny Builder to decompile it.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (Vic 2.0 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 06:26)

Okay, I just checked it, and you're right. It's the welcome screen itself (after Shoreside has been officially unlocked in the storyline) that unlocks the six star wanted level. I played it through again and this time went straight from completing "A Drop in the Ocean" to starting "Grand Theft Aero". Sure enough, I was able to get my six stars mid-mission when I arrived, even without that magical page! S'what I get for speaking too quickly.

Sorry to, umm, rob you of your "something to work on", BTW. I just couldn't wait to find out since I'm currently playing this one over anyway biggrin.gif

Ah, no problem! Let's say, you just did the work for me, eh? We both turned out to know the results in the end.

BTW, I'm very pleased to know I was right from the very beginning. After all, playing GTA III regularly will teach you many things other 'leisure' players won't even dare to notice.

Thanks for bringing up the topic in the first place. It killed yet another ambiguity - and this game is full of them.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Wow I never actually knew about this because I never bump my wanted level to six stars (I know, i'm not badass). I will definitely try this out later to see, Good find (even if the OP is slightly altered from the original) cookie.gif

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, I changed it for the sake of truth. I have no problem admitting I jumped the gun in assuming it was the page by D-Ice that unlocked it. I think I just forgot about the other missions (that call for you to journey into Shoreside Vale) at the time of posting.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

I did read the original OP when it was up, I guess it was a good assumption because you do get the Pager Message upon entering Shoreside Vale so unless you do a mission leading into SSV before actually going there you don't know icon14.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 07:38)
This isn't news...

Well, I had never heard of that prior to this topic.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 16:55)

Okays.

5 stars unlock when you visit Staunton for the first time after it's unlocked (Last Requests completed).
6 stars unlock when you visit Shoreside for the first time after it's unlocked too (A Drop in The Ocean completed).

So, you have to complete missions AND visit the newly unlocked island for them to unlock. Extremely straightforward, and the OP is right too.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

And the mystery is solved. Man... GTA III is so mystery after those 12 years.

Silent
  • Silent

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 23:06)
Man... GTA III is so mystery after those 12 years.

I'd say it is since flying physics were found around a week ago and they were just next to Dodo physics tounge.gif
  • sportcrazy60 likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

I find it weird how people have messed around with Dodo Physics before yet didn't find the flying physics, good find SilentPL, and MrMateczko you are right in saying GTA III is still a mystery, kind of the reason I like it tounge2.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 22:06)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 07:38)
This isn't news...

Well, I had never heard of that prior to this topic.

And that is why topics like that should be posted.

Not everybody knows as much as a specific person does, and thinking that everybody knows as much as you will be erroneous. This detail isn't common knowledge, as it has been revealed.

Even I myself found this topic informative, as much as you did.

sportcrazy60
  • sportcrazy60

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 23:06) Man... GTA III is so mystery after those 12 years.
I'd say it is since flying physics were found around a week ago and they were just next to Dodo physics tounge.gif

Bump. But I got interested? Can you link me where were the physics discovered?

Silent
  • Silent

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Bump. But I got interested? Can you link me where were the physics discovered?

I was referring to my mod, which makes use of these leftovers:

http://gtaforums.com...i-iii-aircraft/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users