Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

Winter Soldier Press Conference if anyone is interested

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:27 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 25 March 2014 - 01:30 AM.

Some Age of Ultron concept art from the "Assembling a Universe" special...

aUxMeJb.jpg
Quicksilver

e0j8GBh.jpg
Scarlet Witch

Spoiler

Edit: more concept art... http://imgur.com/a/e5Kr7?desktop=1

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:58 AM

Also, they lied.

The special didn't hint at the upcoming stuff in AOS. Except for ..Deathlok's extremely un-Deathlok-y design.

I can think of 4 reasons they're going with this design.

- They're taking advantage of the fact that like ..5 people know Deathlok, so they decided to skimp away.

- They're planning to have all his burns torn off and replaced with mechanical parts.

- They simply want him to look like that.

- They don't want him to look like his more well-known DC counterpart, Cyborg. They've done it before with other Characters (Such as Jarvis, from fear of people thinking he's an Alfred ripoff).

mailrocket
  • mailrocket

HUD and GTA V mod lover

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

I was so surprised with what they had done to the design of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.
SUCK IT FOX!
Now if only there was the concept art of Ultron, Vision, and Cap's new suit in AOU.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Yeah Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch look so f*cking bad in Days Of Future Past.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

I was so surprised with what they had done to the design of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.
SUCK IT FOX!
Now if only there was the concept art of Ultron, Vision, and Cap's new suit in AOU.

They showed something that looked like Ultron's head.  It looks like what you'd expect.

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

I like how there's the Hulk Buster in the concept art. That'd be awesome though its slowly helping me see where they might be going with it which I don't like.

Spoiler

Excuse all the vagueness and speculation. This is just what I can piece together from what's already out there. Only a week till Cap' 2 is out here. Can't wait.

mailrocket
  • mailrocket

HUD and GTA V mod lover

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

I don't want to spoil but...this is one important scene in the movie
Click at your risk:
http://i.imgur.com/6WTgaXU.jpg

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

I like how there's the Hulk Buster in the concept art. That'd be awesome though its slowly helping me see where they might be going with it which I don't like.

Spoiler

Excuse all the vagueness and speculation. This is just what I can piece together from what's already out there. Only a week till Cap' 2 is out here. Can't wait.

I don't really think we KNOW Ultron is Jarvis. And really, rewatch the trailer with that line ...It's so chopped up. You can tell it's from different lines. And, as big as Marvel Studios has gotten, I don't think they'd kill of Samuel Jackson. And if they did, they'd probably revive him with kree alien goo blood gunk semen thing, which isn't a copout what-so-ever ...(Well, it's better than him having faked it.)

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Spoiler

I don't really think we KNOW Ultron is Jarvis. And really, rewatch the trailer with that line ...It's so chopped up. You can tell it's from different lines. And, as big as Marvel Studios has gotten, I don't think they'd kill of Samuel Jackson. And if they did, they'd probably revive him with kree alien goo blood gunk semen thing, which isn't a copout what-so-ever ...(Well, it's better than him having faked it.)

Well we almost know. Iron Man creates Ultron in this universe and Ultron is an A.I. like Jarvis. Ultron = Jarvis is a jump but not a big one really. Also it explains Hulk v Hulk Buster as we know Banner has nigh perfect control of his change into the Hulk.

I think he will "die" but it'll be an LMD (like in the comics, as i said. I know he can't die-die as he's still got a bunch of movies on his contract. )

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

I forgot to add this.  It's what looks like a model of the Hulkbuster armor's glove (or hand or whatever it would be called), used by the VFX team to get the lighting and color correct, presumably...

ageofultron-hulkbuster-glove.jpg?w=362

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:36 PM Edited by The Yokel, 20 March 2014 - 10:37 PM.

So, everyone who's seen the movie (movie journalists mostly) is saying that The Winter Soldier is the best MCU movie yet. I can't wait.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:47 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 25 March 2014 - 01:35 AM.

I hope it's not overhyped, but seriously, I can believe that from what I've seen.

EDIT: New set photo...

V4wNFSI.jpg

EDIT: Here are some higher quality images of Elizabeth Olsen (as Scarlet Witch), Aaron Taylor-Johnson (as Quicksilver), and Ultron.  Don't worry, I'm sure they are just using that as a model, and Ultron will be 100% computer generated...  (Spoilers for what Ultron will look like): http://imgur.com/a/F7oeJ

If you don't wan the general idea of what Ultron looks like, don't look at this spoiler...

Spoiler

XYfuTYa.jpg

Quicksilver

msaCDCs.jpg

Scarlet Witch

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Well, for those who don't know; Captain America The Winter Soldier just dropped in the UK. I aint gonna spoil sh*t but I will say; go see it. It definitely shakes up the future of the marvel cinematic universe.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

Ultron's mouth needs to shed a little more "I'm gonna lose an arm if I stick it in there" mentality, and less "Robotic old man".

Although, it might just be the live action skeleton for the CGI model, like the Hulk, and we'll actually get the awesome Ultron.

mailrocket
  • mailrocket

HUD and GTA V mod lover

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

Nick Fury will ONLY have a cameo in Age of Ultron.
And before you people will say "I don't think Nick Fury won't have a cameo, since it's an Avengers movie". You need to see the Winter Soldier movie first to know why.
http://uk.movies.yah...-125259597.html

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:56 AM Edited by IDredMan, 27 March 2014 - 09:01 AM.

For those who want a bigger and clearer version of Ultron:

Spoiler

And here is sad/down syndrome Ultron! Already my favorite scene in the movie.

Spoiler

Honestly, some of these pictures put my mind at ease.

Ultron's look has drastically changed throughout the years, but the only consistent thing, his trademark... His glowing red(Sometimes blue) eyes and mouth.

I was worried that they were getting rid of that, and he just looked like an old dude.

But now that we have clearer and closer pictures, we can see the thing has skin holes, so we know there's gonna be CGI over the helmet, and it's generally designed to look like the classic Ultron, and the one that was shown in the Teaser.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:56 AM Edited by Brobinski, 31 March 2014 - 12:12 PM.

I saw The Winter Soldier yesterday, and while I enjoyed it, it did all just feel a bit flat.

I can't really find too many faults with the film specifically; it all flowed pretty well, it looked fantastic and it had the typical humour/seriousness balance that the MCU movies have going for them. One technical thing I wasn't too fussed on was the camerawork during the fight scenes. Maybe it was just that I'm coming off the back of seeing The Raid recently, with its brilliantly clear mid shots and minimal cuts, but in TWS you couldn't make out what was really going on at all, especially in the opening action sequence. It's just too many cuts and too much shaky camera. The clarity might have improved as the film went on or maybe I got used to it, but it was really noticeable in that first action sequence but became less of a problem as it went on.

I think my main problem is that I knew I wasn't going to love it going in. Captain America, the core character, is the problem. He's just too good in the moralistic sense of the word. "Oh no, [plot development] happened! What will Cap do next?" The answer is always "the right thing, whether it's easy or not". Always. I kind of appreciate the idea that the modern world has a different sense of what that is compared to what it used to mean to Cap, the whole

Spoiler

It's the same sort of problem I have with Superman. In the way that Superman will always pull some new power out of his ass to beat the bad guy, Captain America will always win the moral battle. Now, many will say that all heroes in fiction are like that, but the difference comes in the world they exist in. An unbending, upstanding moral pillar like Captain America is just plain boring when being right always means he wins in the end. For example in Game of Thrones (season 1 spoilers):

Spoiler

It's easy to do the right thing when it always results in you winning.

On the other hand, I did really enjoy the whole buddy-cop vibes you get from the Rogers/Romanov pairing throughout the movie. I knew Johansson was in it again and I was expecting something more along the lines of Iron Man 2 where she had a function in the story but it was obvious the real reason for her being there was to make sure you don't forget. She's second on the bill here and it's accurate. It's all quite clichéd: the side kick character who's more morally questionable and functions as the comic relief, but it's a cliché because it works pretty well. In theory I'd love to see a Black Widow movie with this character, but in reality I doubt it'd work without her bouncing off someone else. The "Shall we play a game?" line was really formulaic and cheesy but hands down my favourite of the film. That said I will admit my judgement on Johansson is somewhat clouded because after Lost In Translation I'll probably never say a word against her.

I'm also a big fan of where the universe went with the movie.

Spoiler

mailrocket
  • mailrocket

HUD and GTA V mod lover

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Words....words everywhere.....
Anyway, I'm so excited for Cap's new suit in Avengers 2 because the suit combines all the aspects of the last three

ncz71k.jpg

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

You know what'd be dope?

In one of the movies, if Nick Fury has a cameo, they show how (Samuel Jackson) is actually Nick Fury Jr. in the comic, and introduce the original Nick Fury Sr. as some badass old dude, like David Hasslehoff. :cool:  

• SFPD officer likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

Just go back from the theater.

It was good.  Is it like the critic blurbs that say it's "Better than the Avengers"?  I don't think it is.  It's better than the first Cap movie, and better than most of the other MCU movies.  I'd probably put it third behind the Avengers and Iron Man 1.

I thought Robert Redford was absolutely sh*tty.  It definitely looked like he was mailing in 90% of his lines.  My guess is that he intimidated the director, who wrapped one take shots out of fear.  He just didn't have any gravitas that a character like that should have, like we know Robert Redford could deliver.

Now for some juicy parts...

Spoiler

@Brobinski, About Cap's character, and morality.  That's the character.  That's how the character always has been.  That's how the character always should be.  His morality is his real superpower.  It's said so much in this series, during the First Avenger when he is chosen for the super soldier program because of his morality.  Otherwise you get Ultimate Captain America who is kind of unlikable, except when he kicks the sh*t out of "Giant Man"  (AKA Antman, AKA Henry Pym), for beating his wife Janet Pym (AKA Wasp).

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:51 AM

Spoiler

Ah, thanks for that dude. Didn't get to sit through the whole credits for this, only saw the bunker scene.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

Another thing. Where the f*ck is Hawkeye?

You'd think Widow would contact him in a pinch.

mailrocket
  • mailrocket

HUD and GTA V mod lover

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

Hawkeye's disappearance in the film will most likely be answered in Age of Ultron considering that he has a major role in the sequel.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:19 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 06 April 2014 - 07:53 PM.

Hawkeye's disappearance in the film will most likely be answered in Age of Ultron considering that he has a major role in the sequel.

That's not good enough. I know it's weird to point out the lack of a character never intended to be in a certain movie, but in this case it would seem appropriate. Widow and Hawkeye are close. Not quite friends, not quite romantic, but definitely partners. Brother and sister in arms. If there is any one person in the world that she trusts, it's him. And it's no secret. Cap has to be wondering why she's not calling Barton. I would have been satisfied if this exchange happened in the hospital after the gum scene:

Captain America: "Who can we trust? What about Barton?"

Black Widow: "He's in deep cover." Or "He's out of country."

That's it. Just something to show us Hawguy fans that he's still around. They give more of an acknowledgement to Dr. Strange than they do to Hawkeye. The only hint of Hawkeye that we see is a tiny pendant on a necklace that Widow is wearing at one time. In other words, the lack of Hawkeye stands out more to me than a little shout out.

EDIT:  Here's an article about the arrow pendant from a couple months ago... http://www.tor.com/b...lider-tells-all

And looking at it, it makes that lack of Hawkeye, even more of a deal, because it's obvious that they have a relationship that means more than just work friends.  Hawkeye, better f*cking be in the Black Widow movie.  Or better yet, have a movie of his own.  Like I've said before in this topic, his comic is really good, and a big screen adaptation of that would be phenomenal.  I was in the Winter Soldier, and all the while I couldn't help but think one thing.  "Where's Hawkeye?  I guess he's just hanging out in Brooklyn kicking the Tracksuit Mafia's ass, and having a rooftop barbecue with Lucky (The dog in my avatar), and Kate (AKA the other Hawkeye on the Young Avengers).

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

I don't want any spoilers ...Like at all. I'm barely gazing over any single word in this thread now.

But to be honest...

The fact that people are saying that Captain America 2 changes everything.

And with the Kree being on Agents of Shield.

And the dozens upon dozens of advertisement, parading a panorama of main characters, with a sign/text discouraging trust.

It reeks of Secret Invasion.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

I don't want any spoilers ...Like at all. I'm barely gazing over any single word in this thread now.
But to be honest...
And the dozens upon dozens of advertisement, parading a panorama of main characters, with a sign/text discouraging trust.

TWS definitely has a similar thing going on, but it's not that.

Although, I can see that happening in phase 3.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

But to be honest...

TWS definitely has a similar thing going on, but it's not that.

Although, I can see that happening in phase 3.

Thanks for ..Either hyping me up for something unexpected OR not spoiling something I guessed.

I'm gonna see if I can watch it soon, maybe next week.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:46 AM

It's really not telling you anything, other than that there is not an alien invasion of any kind in TWS.

And me saying that I can see it happening in phase 3 has nothing really to do with anything going on in TWS. It has more to do with GotG coming out in this phase and my belief that Avengers 3 will have a lot to do with space and that side of the Marvel universe.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:11 AM Edited by IDredMan, 07 April 2014 - 02:53 AM.

FCfaLs5.png

ocIyXl2.png

#Conspiracy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users