Marvel Cinematic Universe

1,439 replies to this topic
Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Anyone else kinda disappointed how Thanos looks in the new trailer? I wish they had stuck with this instead:

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I’m more interested in what he does in the movie really but I still think he looks bad ass.
Even more so now because it’s like it’s not even a big deal to him. He’s all I don’t need my armor I’m just going to wake up, get all my stones, kill everyone, and destroy the universe. It looks like a hot day out though so I’ll go with the sleeveless
  • Star-Lord, iBUCKEYE, Richard Power Colt and 1 other like this

Star-Lord
  • Star-Lord

-

• Facade
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

^ Josh Brolin nailed it.

I'm so anxious to see this movie but I wonder how much screen time are these characters going to get, then again it's probably going to be a long ass movie anyway.
  • That Guy There likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Richard Power Colt, A week ago.

I’m more interested in what he does in the movie really but I still think he looks bad ass.
Even more so now because it’s like it’s not even a big deal to him. He’s all I don’t need my armor I’m just going to wake up, get all my stones, kill everyone, and destroy the universe. It looks like a hot day out though so I’ll go with the sleeveless

Yeah the stuff he's wearing in IW looks basically like a workout outfit where as the armor is more ceremonial so I guess it kinda fits. 

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Ill admit though, the memes have been pretty hilarious

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The one photoshopped to look like Hank Hill from king of the hill made me lol

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Anyone else kinda disappointed how Thanos looks in the new trailer? I wish they had stuck with this instead:

I see a lot of people complaining that he looks like a purple bruce willis. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted A week ago

I dont think he looks bad. As a reader of comics Ive seen Thanos drawn by many different people with many different shades of purple and sizes of chin ribs.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

My only complaint would be that I think he could be a bit more purple-y but that's about it. He always looks weird without the helmet, even in comic form.

• The Deadite likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Fantastic Phase Four?

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

A film trilogy based on Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest and The Thanos Imperative done with the rights they potentially get back from that deal. Hngggg. I know from an ethical point of view Disney buying Fox is shady to say the least, but as a Marvel fan it's the news we've been wanting to hear for nearly a decade now. Cosmic madness is on the cards if it goes through.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

A film trilogy based on Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest and The Thanos Imperative done with the rights they potentially get back from that deal. Hngggg. I know from an ethical point of view Disney buying Fox is shady to say the least, but as a Marvel fan it's the news we've been wanting to hear for nearly a decade now. Cosmic madness is on the cards if it goes through.

Disney is not buying Fox. It is buying its film and television production assets (not including news or sports).

Theyre doing this for multiple reasons, including regaining Marvel assets, and gaining the distribution rights for the original Star Wars.
  • Jason and The Deadite like this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago Edited by That Guy There, 6 days ago.

Im excited about this. The possibility of finally having everyone in the same universe is huge

I wonder though, do you think this would mark the end of Deadpool? I Hope not

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

If Disney was smart, theyd make Deadpool his own thing, with X-Force.

That said, Id love to see Robert Downey Jr or Chris Pratt or Rocket Raccoon interacting with Deadpool in an R rating. Doubt it would happen.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Yea an R-rated X-Force needs to happen. That's the potential downside of this buyout, Disney shutting down the more gory side of the X-Men films. If it goes ahead I assume the Dark Phoenix film will be the finale for the X-Men film universe?

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 6 days ago

Rewatched the Infinity Trailer like a dozen times already..really hyped for this movie. The MCU is my favourite movie franchise and this will basically be the finale of it (so far).

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Disney is not buying Fox. It is buying its film and television production assets (not including news or sports).

Theyre doing this for multiple reasons, including regaining Marvel assets, and gaining the distribution rights for the original Star Wars.

aka their streaming service, they want to crush netflix

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Why do people act as if Disney wouldnt just let R-rates movies be made under a different brand?

They owned Miramax back in the 90s, yet movies like pulp fiction was still made

They owned Touchstone Pictures, whos primary purpose was to release films to adult audiences while not being under disneys Name

If money is to be made through an R-rated movie, itll most likely be made (heck Feige even implied that an r rated movie could be made, theyd just need a situation to call for it)

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Why do people act as if Disney wouldnt just let R-rates movies be made under a different brand?

They owned Miramax back in the 90s, yet movies like pulp fiction was still made

They owned Touchstone Pictures, whos primary purpose was to release films to adult audiences while not being under disneys Name

If money is to be made through an R-rated movie, itll most likely be made (heck Feige even implied that an r rated movie could be made, theyd just need a situation to call for it)

It's not that Disney wouldn't do something R-rated (I mean we just got a faithful Punisher show) it's that if the X-Men join the MCU it wouldn't surprise a lot of people if if they brought the tone of the X-Men films more in line with the MCU. Ideally they might see this as a chance to do R-rated films within the MCU, but who knows? Feige's said R films aren't out of the question but we're yet to hear even the slightest murmur that they're actually going to do one.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I dont think Disney would be afraid to make an R rated movie under a studio that isnt Disney, Marvel, Pixar or any of their more family or big studios. But specifically in Marvels situation they probably dont want to associate an R rated movie with Marvel. Netflix is different because they dont mix with other MCU characters. I can see them creating a new studio to handle more R rated fair. Especially because you really cant do Deadpool real justice without a hard R rating. And by now, hes known for that type of violent potty mouthed movie.

That said, Ryan Reynolds should play Deadpool forever even if they push him into the MCU. It makes sense anyway, because of Deadpool being so self referential. He could flat out make a joke about Fox selling him to Disney.

Star-Lord
  • Star-Lord

-

• Facade
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

^ Yes please!

I love how Ryan Reynolds took the Deadpool character and made him incredibly fascinating to watch. I was literally in tune and watched his every move, left the theater satisfied and at the same time wanting more, hoping the movie would've of been longer. So I went out one door came back in and re-watched it again, it was just that good!

A fulfillment I haven't experienced in a very long time for a movie.  :inlove:

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

And right on cue...

https://twitter.com/...473088387354624

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

You know, I wonder what will happen in the comics if/when they get the rights back. Resurgence of the X-Men and the retcon of the character deaths they've been handing out to every member of the X-Men since around 2010?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Probably. That said, I liked the Death of Wolverine, and bringing in X-23 as All New Wolverine and Old Man Logan into 616.

Fastastic Four will most likely return from whatever non-existence that they were left in after Secret Wars.
  • iBUCKEYE likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

It'll be interesting to see who they'd give the books to, feel like they'd need some great writers to write their way out of the mess pretty much all those characters are in at the moment. Would be nice to see the 616 become whole again though!

Star-Lord
  • Star-Lord

-

• Facade
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Probably. That said, I liked the Death of Wolverine, and bringing in X-23 as All New Wolverine and Old Man Logan into 616.

Fastastic Four will most likely return from whatever non-existence that they were left in after Secret Wars.

Last two FF movies, meh, although the SS was great but not great enough as expected from a major film production as this.

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Would be pretty funny if Deadpool made appearances in different MCU movies (Spider-Man) and they censored him.
Running around and just *bleep* *bleep*
  • SmokesWithCigs likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted A day ago

Honestly i'm hoping this news isn't real and/or isn't Marvel buying everything because the current situation allows for another universe with a unique, interesting vibe and tone. Or rather I wouldn't mind Marvel taking back Fantastic Four but keeping the rest where they are.

• Star-Lord, iBUCKEYE and Richard Power Colt like this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 hours ago

Yeah I enjoyed Logan more than any Disney Marvel movie. Even the other X-Men films I personally prefer tonally to the MCU stuff where they make a bunch of annoying quips every two seconds.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 7 hours ago

I honestly want the xmen in the MCU

Let Logan be the official end of that universe, maybe then there could be an xmen movie that focuses more on other members of the team characters (Cyclops for one), instead of the same characters for each dang movie (Wolverine, Charles, Mags, and Mystique

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users